The Timken Company (NYSE: TKR) is responding to customer demand for more options in the aerospace replacement parts market. Joining Timken to lead this growth is Michael Hekker, who most recently worked for Pratt & Whitney Component Solutions as aftermarket sales manager. In his new role as product sales manager for the aerospace maintenance, repair and overhaul business, Hekker will be responsible for increasing aftermarket parts sales and helping to shape the global parts growth strategy.
"Mike's experience at Pratt & Whitney and in the U. S. Navy provides him with a strong hands-on background to lead our continued growth in the replacement parts market," said Larry Shiembob, director of Timken's aerospace aftermarket business. "His thousands of hours of flight time as a flight engineer and crew chief, and time as an airframes and hydraulics mechanic on CH-53E and MH-53E helicopters, will benefit our customers as we continue to grow the business."
Shiembob, Hekker and other company experts will be on-hand at HELI-EXPO 2012 to showcase the comprehensive inventory of high-quality Timken replacement parts for a wide range of rotor- and fixed-wing aircraft. Timken will feature its capabilities for the rotor aircraft market, including its catalog of 1,600 manufacturer approved parts, at HELI-EXPO (Exhibit #9254) Feb. 12-14 at the Dallas Convention Center.
Timken has been serving aerospace customers for more than 70 years. Today, its Aerospace Aftermarket Solutions group offers one of the world's most comprehensive inventories of high-quality replacement parts for a wide range of rotor- and fixed-wing aircraft.
About The Timken Company
The Timken Company (NYSE: TKR; www.timken.com) keeps the world turning with innovative friction management and power transmission products and services that help machinery perform more efficiently and reliably. With sales of $5.2 billion in 2011 and approximately 21,000 people operating from locations in 30 countries, Timken is Where You Turn® for better performance.
- Avinics Appoints New CEO Western Europe
- DART Launches Redesigned iPad App to Better Support its Customers
- Next-Generation Transponder receives DoD Certification
- Russian Helicopters congratulates winners of 21st Century Helicopters competition
- Safety Experts Join PRISM Helicopter and Business Aviation Team
- Air Comm acquires Meggitt (Addison)
- New head for Air BP
- Bristow – EC225 situation will last another year or more
- Iraqi Army receives last of 24 Bell 407s
- Argentine Air Force to add two Bell 412s
- EBACE – AgustaWestland pushes VIP-role AW169
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance goes operational
- EBACE – Bell showcases 429
- AHS – Prevailing In “Demanding Environments”
- HAI Participates at HeliRussia 2013
- Bristow publish results for Q4 and Year ended 31st March 2013
- Floating helipad returns to Destin
- 23-May-13 PNB-8302 Eurocopter Bo105 Caracas, Venezuela (5F)
- 23-May-13 G-XXEB Sikorsky S76C++ Denham, UK
- R66 lands at North Pole