The Timken Company (NYSE: TKR) is responding to customer demand for more options in the aerospace replacement parts market. Joining Timken to lead this growth is Michael Hekker, who most recently worked for Pratt & Whitney Component Solutions as aftermarket sales manager. In his new role as product sales manager for the aerospace maintenance, repair and overhaul business, Hekker will be responsible for increasing aftermarket parts sales and helping to shape the global parts growth strategy.
"Mike's experience at Pratt & Whitney and in the U. S. Navy provides him with a strong hands-on background to lead our continued growth in the replacement parts market," said Larry Shiembob, director of Timken's aerospace aftermarket business. "His thousands of hours of flight time as a flight engineer and crew chief, and time as an airframes and hydraulics mechanic on CH-53E and MH-53E helicopters, will benefit our customers as we continue to grow the business."
Shiembob, Hekker and other company experts will be on-hand at HELI-EXPO 2012 to showcase the comprehensive inventory of high-quality Timken replacement parts for a wide range of rotor- and fixed-wing aircraft. Timken will feature its capabilities for the rotor aircraft market, including its catalog of 1,600 manufacturer approved parts, at HELI-EXPO (Exhibit #9254) Feb. 12-14 at the Dallas Convention Center.
Timken has been serving aerospace customers for more than 70 years. Today, its Aerospace Aftermarket Solutions group offers one of the world's most comprehensive inventories of high-quality replacement parts for a wide range of rotor- and fixed-wing aircraft.
About The Timken Company
The Timken Company (NYSE: TKR; www.timken.com) keeps the world turning with innovative friction management and power transmission products and services that help machinery perform more efficiently and reliably. With sales of $5.2 billion in 2011 and approximately 21,000 people operating from locations in 30 countries, Timken is Where You Turn® for better performance.
- Eurocopter and Ramco partner for cloud-based helicopter maintenance software
- Helipartner Thailand orders 10 Eurocopter AS350B3e to lease out
- Eurocopter EC175 certification slips by six months to “early 2014″
- UK – MBE for AW101 Merlin pilot
- Budget pressures for Flagler County’s Fire Flight AS350
- NRC continues to search for low lead aviation fuel alternatives
- Cassidian’s obstacle warning system certified for NH90
- Selex ES HF communication systems get onboard V-22
- AW189 enters full scale production
- Astronics extends supply agreement with Rockwell Collins
- AAR Signs Partnering Agreement with Boeing to Support Royal Netherlands Air Force
- Ka-52 makes successful demonstration flight at Le Bourget
- Turbomeca extends certification of COHC as a Certified Maintenance Center
- Metro Aviation hosts first Turbomeca training class
- Arizona and Helicopter Industry to be Represented by John Stonecipher of Guidance Aviation
- Carson Helicopters cited for for exposing workers to chemical hazards
- Värmland’s EMS helicopter goes to Karlstad
- American Eurocopter awards scholarships for air safety training
- L-3 Wescam launches two new products at Paris
- Ducommun receives Flow-on Black Hawk contract