The Timken Company (NYSE: TKR) is responding to customer demand for more options in the aerospace replacement parts market. Joining Timken to lead this growth is Michael Hekker, who most recently worked for Pratt & Whitney Component Solutions as aftermarket sales manager. In his new role as product sales manager for the aerospace maintenance, repair and overhaul business, Hekker will be responsible for increasing aftermarket parts sales and helping to shape the global parts growth strategy.
"Mike's experience at Pratt & Whitney and in the U. S. Navy provides him with a strong hands-on background to lead our continued growth in the replacement parts market," said Larry Shiembob, director of Timken's aerospace aftermarket business. "His thousands of hours of flight time as a flight engineer and crew chief, and time as an airframes and hydraulics mechanic on CH-53E and MH-53E helicopters, will benefit our customers as we continue to grow the business."
Shiembob, Hekker and other company experts will be on-hand at HELI-EXPO 2012 to showcase the comprehensive inventory of high-quality Timken replacement parts for a wide range of rotor- and fixed-wing aircraft. Timken will feature its capabilities for the rotor aircraft market, including its catalog of 1,600 manufacturer approved parts, at HELI-EXPO (Exhibit #9254) Feb. 12-14 at the Dallas Convention Center.
Timken has been serving aerospace customers for more than 70 years. Today, its Aerospace Aftermarket Solutions group offers one of the world's most comprehensive inventories of high-quality replacement parts for a wide range of rotor- and fixed-wing aircraft.
About The Timken Company
The Timken Company (NYSE: TKR; www.timken.com) keeps the world turning with innovative friction management and power transmission products and services that help machinery perform more efficiently and reliably. With sales of $5.2 billion in 2011 and approximately 21,000 people operating from locations in 30 countries, Timken is Where You Turn® for better performance.
- R66 lands at North Pole
- Nine new customers in China for Enstrom
- Eurocopter to supply EC225 and AS350B3e to China’s State Grid General Aviation Company
- CAE upgrades visuals on Royal Navy Lynx Mk8 full-mission simulator
- Keystone Med-Flight Announces New VP of Operations
- Fourth corporate AW139 sold into UK market
- REACH adds sixth EC135
- Enstrom breaks ground on production plant expansion
- Bell promotes innovation at AHS Forum 69
- HAI at AHS Forum 69
- Court rejects helicopter haze injunction
- Rivalry develops in air ambulance service
- Castleberry Instruments & Avionics Relocates for Growth
- Keystone Turbine Services Honeywell-approved for P&WC PT6 Series Accessory Support
- EBACE – Heli Asset places first Eurocopter EC155B1 into Switzerland
- EBACE – Corporate EC175 features dimmable windows and cabin partitions
- EBACE – JSSI reaches 10,000th Asset Milestone
- EBACE – Eurocopter launches EC175 with VIP/executive interior
- NZ heliski firm fined $6,000
- Vector Aerospace showcases GEMS engine management program at EBACE