Esterline CMC Electronics (CMC) invites attendees at this year’s Heli-Expo to visit Hall F, Booth #9740 and find out how CMC’s TacView® Portable Mission Display brings a wealth of capabilities to the helicopter cockpit. The TacView system is designed for a range of missions, from search and rescue, close air support, firefighting and police operations, to medical and offshore oil and gas transport.
The avionics grade TacView system facilitates airborne mission effectiveness and increases crew efficiency by reducing cockpit workload. TacView provides access to moving maps, live weather, approach plates, checklists, flight and maintenance manuals, frequency and call sign lists, passenger and cargo manifests as well as any other customer created “Windows” based applications, software and documents. Designed for autonomous operation and use in harsh environments, TacView can be installed and removed in seconds. It provides the means to quickly deploy new capability and functionality at a fraction of the time and cost of an integrated approach.
The TacView Portable Mission Display is a compact, self-contained computer and display system designed specifically to enhance real-time, situational awareness for the aircrew. It is a cost-effective, rapidly deployable COTS system with the processing power and flexibility to enable numerous mission enhancing and paperless cockpit applications.
This innovative CMC product is a ruggedized, Night Vision Imaging System compatible smart display that is designed for rapid and inexpensive installation in fixed and rotary wing aircraft. It interfaces seamlessly with most aircraft data networks, and can often be installed without modification to the aircraft’s legacy systems. TacView runs Microsoft XP® compliant software, providing a wide range of options and capabilities to the aircrew.
The TacView system is flying on the U.S. Air National Guard C-130H aircraft, as part of the Real-Time Information in the Cockpit (RTIC) Program. TacView has been selected for installation on a number of platforms, including the C-130H and C-130T, the international C-130J and the USAF C-17.
Esterline CMC Electronics (www.cmcelectronics.ca) designs and produces leading technology electronics products for the commercial and military aviation markets. CMC’s focus is on delivering innovative cockpit systems integration and avionics solutions to its customers worldwide. Its principal locations are in Montreal, Quebec; Ottawa, Ontario; and Chicago, Illinois. CMC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Esterline Corporation (NYSE:ESL, www.esterline.com), a specialized aerospace and defense company headquartered in Bellevue, Washington. Esterline employs over 10,000 people worldwide.
- Avinics Appoints New CEO Western Europe
- DART Launches Redesigned iPad App to Better Support its Customers
- Next-Generation Transponder receives DoD Certification
- Russian Helicopters congratulates winners of 21st Century Helicopters competition
- Safety Experts Join PRISM Helicopter and Business Aviation Team
- Air Comm acquires Meggitt (Addison)
- New head for Air BP
- Bristow – EC225 situation will last another year or more
- Iraqi Army receives last of 24 Bell 407s
- Argentine Air Force to add two Bell 412s
- EBACE – AgustaWestland pushes VIP-role AW169
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance goes operational
- EBACE – Bell showcases 429
- AHS – Prevailing In “Demanding Environments”
- HAI Participates at HeliRussia 2013
- Bristow publish results for Q4 and Year ended 31st March 2013
- Floating helipad returns to Destin
- 23-May-13 PNB-8302 Eurocopter Bo105 Caracas, Venezuela (5F)
- 23-May-13 G-XXEB Sikorsky S76C++ Denham, UK
- R66 lands at North Pole