Esterline CMC Electronics (CMC) invites attendees at this year’s Heli-Expo to visit Hall F, Booth #9740 and find out how CMC’s TacView® Portable Mission Display brings a wealth of capabilities to the helicopter cockpit. The TacView system is designed for a range of missions, from search and rescue, close air support, firefighting and police operations, to medical and offshore oil and gas transport.
The avionics grade TacView system facilitates airborne mission effectiveness and increases crew efficiency by reducing cockpit workload. TacView provides access to moving maps, live weather, approach plates, checklists, flight and maintenance manuals, frequency and call sign lists, passenger and cargo manifests as well as any other customer created “Windows” based applications, software and documents. Designed for autonomous operation and use in harsh environments, TacView can be installed and removed in seconds. It provides the means to quickly deploy new capability and functionality at a fraction of the time and cost of an integrated approach.
The TacView Portable Mission Display is a compact, self-contained computer and display system designed specifically to enhance real-time, situational awareness for the aircrew. It is a cost-effective, rapidly deployable COTS system with the processing power and flexibility to enable numerous mission enhancing and paperless cockpit applications.
This innovative CMC product is a ruggedized, Night Vision Imaging System compatible smart display that is designed for rapid and inexpensive installation in fixed and rotary wing aircraft. It interfaces seamlessly with most aircraft data networks, and can often be installed without modification to the aircraft’s legacy systems. TacView runs Microsoft XP® compliant software, providing a wide range of options and capabilities to the aircrew.
The TacView system is flying on the U.S. Air National Guard C-130H aircraft, as part of the Real-Time Information in the Cockpit (RTIC) Program. TacView has been selected for installation on a number of platforms, including the C-130H and C-130T, the international C-130J and the USAF C-17.
Esterline CMC Electronics (www.cmcelectronics.ca) designs and produces leading technology electronics products for the commercial and military aviation markets. CMC’s focus is on delivering innovative cockpit systems integration and avionics solutions to its customers worldwide. Its principal locations are in Montreal, Quebec; Ottawa, Ontario; and Chicago, Illinois. CMC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Esterline Corporation (NYSE:ESL, www.esterline.com), a specialized aerospace and defense company headquartered in Bellevue, Washington. Esterline employs over 10,000 people worldwide.
- North American and European customers signed for Turbomeca’s online BOOST service
- UK Government Minister Provides Reassurances on Air Ambulance Fuel VAT
- STARS receives major gift from Young’s Equipment
- Bell’s Czech Republic facility expands scope of EASA DOA certification
- Erickson Air-Crane extends S64 contract in Afghanistan
- Bristow to equip 44 helicopters with Rockwell Collins TCAS II
- Vector Aerospace get Sikorsky approval for UK S76 service centre
- Dart Aerospace now offering R66 Field Maintenance Kit
- Elitaliana Signs For Three More AW169 Helicopters
- AgustaWestland Training Academy Malaysia Introduces AW139 Full Flight Simulator
- Mauritanian Air Force Orders Two AW109 Powers
- AgustaWestland Secures its First AW139 Order in Senegal
- Curtiss-Wright Controls awarded Surion contract
- Curtiss-Wright Controls’ Data Acquisition & “Black Box” Technology to be used on unnamed new helicopter
- Global Military Helicopter Modernisation, Upgrade and Retrofit Market 2013-2023
- AgustaWestland and Shanghai Zenisun sign official Distributorship Agreement for China
- Zhuhai Helicopter Company orders another four Sikorsky S92s
- CITIC Offshore Helicopter Company orders two Sikorsky S92s
- Samsung Techwin orders two more AW139s
- AgustaWestland confirm HeliHub.com story on Brunei Shell AW139s