From Heli-Expo 2012, American Eurocopter is pleased to announce that Metro Aviation has signed for five more EC145® helicopters. The agreement is for three firm orders with an additional two options. The first aircraft is expected to be delivered in March and it will be joining a fleet that currently includes 17 EC145s.
“We are pleased to be adding additional EC145s to our fleet as we continue to offer our services to the pre-eminent medical providers in the United States,” said Mike Stanberry, President of Metro Aviation. “Eurocopter helicopters represent the core of our fleet, and the capabilities these aircraft offer the programs we serve help them succeed in their air transport operations.
“The EC145 provides us with a solid combination of performance, safety, reliability and versatility,” added Stanberry. “It suits the needs of the programs we work with very well. It is an excellent aircraft for air medial operations.”
The twin-engine EC145’s performance and range, coupled with the large cabin, extra payload capacity and unmatched visibility, provide operators with multi-mission capabilities. Along with its high-set main and tail rotors and rear-loading clamshell doors, these features have made the EC145 the helicopter of choice for a large number of EMS programs in the United States and worldwide.
Metro Aviation, based in Shreveport, LA, has been in the air medical service business for over 30 years. The company currently operates a fleet of 91 rotary- and fixed-wing aircraft, which includes 81 Eurocopter helicopters. With these aircraft, Metro Aviation serves 25 programs across the United States.
“Metro Aviation has been a valued customer of ours for many years,” said Marc Paganini, President and CEO of American Eurocopter. “We are delighted that they continue to add EC145s to support their fleet as their organization continues to grow.”
Metro Aviation’s Aircraft Operations Division provides traditional aviation services, including emergency transport, as well as inter-hospital transfers. Metro Aviation’s Aircraft Completion Division provides turn-key completions for a wide range of medical, offshore, law-enforcement, VIP, corporate and utility helicopters.
For more information on American Eurocopter or the EC145 helicopter, stop by booth #1917 at Heli-Expo 2012 in Dallas or visit www.eurocopterusa.com.
- Sky Tech joins Turbomeca Certified Maintenance Center Network
- Devon & Cornwall Police air unit joins Twitter
- Eurocopter reveals optionally-piloted EC145
- ASU Completes 700th FAA Approved NVIS Modification
- 15-Apr-13 N262MH Eurocopter EC145 Highland Heights, US-Ohio
- MassDevelopment issues tax-exempt $8M lease for Boston Medflight EC145
- 12-Apr-13 N909SH Eurocopter EC145 Sioux Falls, US-South Dakota
- Metro Aviation begins completion of Boston MedFlight EC145
- True Blue Power Paving the Way for Certified Lithium-ion Products in Aviation
- Metro Aviation begins configuration of EC145 for Memorial MedFlight
- Police Service of Northern Ireland order second EC145
- TNT approves unscripted docu-drama “Life Flight”
- Memorial MedFlight in South Bend Adding EC145
- 07-Mar-13 N909SH Eurocopter EC145 Humboldt, US-South Dakota
- Eurocopter and Milestone Aviation Group getting closer together
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital purchases Eurocopter EC145
- American Eurocopter leads in helicopter sales for EMS missions
- Metro Aviation to showcase new air medical EC145 during Heli-Expo
- JSSI expands airframe programs with EC135 and EC145
- Austin-Travis STAR Flight Rescue Saves Multiple Lives Utilizing NVG