Sandel Avionics Inc. has announced the hiring of Reb L. Risty, MBA, in a newly created position of Director of Marketing, responsible for growing the overall brand awareness of Sandel’s displays and safety products with a focus on building even greater acceptance of the Sandel HeliTAWS™ wire and terrain alerting system. An experienced marketing professional whose background includes strategic marketing, online marketing and project management, Risty has held executive positions with international marketing and telecommunications organizations, including the World Trade Center-San Diego and Qualcomm, Inc.
“We’re pleased that our continued growth and success with Sandel HeliTAWS have led to this opportunity to add Reb to our team,” said Gerry Block, Sandel’sPresident and CEO. “Her results-oriented approach and marketing leadership will help us bring this life-saving technology to even more helicopter fleet operators and pilots, and I look forward to our being able to enhance flight safety for the entire rotorcraft industry.”
Sandel ST3400H HeliTAWS™ is the industry’s first multihazard avoidance system for helicopters that protects against terrain, wires and obstacles, and is the only terrain avoidance system certified for nuisance-free operation below en route altitudes. Unique features of Sandel HeliTAWS include Sandel WireWatch™, the industry’s first onboard wire-strike avoidance capability; Sandel TruAlert™ technology to eliminate nuisance alerts; and a choice of pilot-selectable modes of operation. The new Sandel HeliTAWS ST3453H model incorporates all the features of the commercial version and includes MIL-STD-3009 NVIS, MIL-STD-810E Environmental Qualification and a built-in MIL-STD-1553B bus interface.
Sandel Avionics Inc,, located in Vista, California, is a privately held company that provides embedded software for OEM applications, and compact integrated display systems for fixed-wing and rotary-wing aircraft in the commercial and military aftermarkets. Its products include 3-ATI and 4-ATI retrofit primary displays, Class-A fixed-wing TAWS and HeliTAWS, the helicopter industry’s first complete, all-altitude wire and terrain safety solution. Learn more at www.sandel.com or call 877.726.3357.
- HeliRussia – First Kamov Ka62 to fly by August
- HeliRussia – Transas Aviation to provide locally-made GPS for Bell 407, 429
- HeliRussia – Exclases Holdings signs for a GrandNew
- HeliRussia – Exclases signs for five AW139s
- HeliRussia – Russia-Peru certification agreement opens up opportunties for Helisur
- HeliRussia – Russian Helicopters signs agreement with PANH Helicopters
- HeliRussia – Bell expands in Russia
- Helipad in Woodruff to be Discussed Again
- Dart launches Rear Locker Extender for B206 and B407
- Bell-Boeing awarded $40M for long-lead V-22 components
- Night Flight Concepts Launches Industry Specific NVIS Solution Programs
- Kaweah Delta hosts helipad completion celebration
- Register Update – USA – week to 12 May 2013
- Breeze-Eastern to Design and Produce New Winch for MV-22
- RBC makes C$500K donation to STARS
- TAI shows R300 unmanned helicopter
- FLIR Systems awarded $81M US Army contract
- Royal Canadian Air Force begins TigerEx 2013
- Helmet saves Otago helicopter pilot’s life
- Pilot missing after Shandong helicopter hijacked by 20 men