Sikorsky Aircraft Corp.’s S-92® “Legacy of Heroes” (LOH) demonstration helicopter will be shown on static display at the Singapore Air Show beginning Feb. 14. Sikorsky is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX)
The tour’s stop in Singapore follows a series of successful visits in Malaysia where customers and community residents welcomed the aircraft and celebrated the exemplary and heroic actions of those who fly and maintain Sikorsky products around the world. Among the highlights of the tour to date were the LOH static display at the Langkawi International Maritime & Aerospace Exhibition (LIMA) air show and the presentation of approximately 70 rescue awards to members of the Royal Malaysia Air Force.
The tour commenced in the United States in September and has visited Malaysia and Brunei. From Singapore, it will travel to Thailand before heading to India for an extended visit to several cities there. A six-member crew is conducting cockpit briefings to showcase the multi-mission capability of the aircraft, and participating in first responder recognition ceremonies to provide community support along the way.
“The Legacy of Heroes tour has been logging an exciting journey for Sikorsky Aircraft since the tour launched. With each stop, visitors to the helicopter have had a chance to step inside, interact with our pilots and crew, and even sign a portion of the aircraft, thus becoming part of an interactive ‘postcard’ to the world,” said Marc Poland, Sikorsky Director of Marketing & Communication.
Sylvia Eddy, Sikorsky Manager of Integrated Marketing, added: “The LOH crew and entire Sikorsky workforce is proud to stand behind this aircraft as its flying ambassador to the world. It reinforces our company mission statement, ‘We bring people home everywhere, every time,’ because we’ve built a vehicle that saves lives in a way that nothing else can. That message of heroism has resonated.”
To date, the LOH helicopter has flown 100 hours on the tour, with approximately 60 of those hours spent in Asia. The S-92 aircraft has performed well, without a single unscheduled maintenance stop.
The Legacy of Heroes helicopter was customized by employees at Sikorsky Global Helicopters’ main facility in Coatesville, Pa., U.S.A. It is a utility-configured S-92 aircraft bearing a unique gray and black paint scheme with a silhouette of first responders depicted on each side. The aircraft is fitted with side-facing seats, a triple-litter kit, cargo hook, Search-and-Rescue Automatic Flight Control System, and night sun capabilities.
The S-92Legacy of Heroes helicopter will be located in the Legacy of Heroes static display area of the Singapore Air Show. Interested media should contact Marianne Heffernan at +1 203-583-9760. There will be a limited supply of Legacy of Heroes promotional items for visitors to the aircraft.
The company has created a microsite on the Internet to provide regular updates on the tour’s activities. It can be accessed at www.SikorskyLegacy.com.
S-92 helicopters perform search and rescue (SAR) missions as well as a variety of transportation missions for VIPs including Heads of State, offshore oil and gas crews, utility and airline passengers. The worldwide fleet of 151 S-92 helicopters has accumulated more than 370,000 flight hours since deliveries began in 2004. The S-92 helicopter was certified to FAA/EASA harmonized Part 29 requirements, as amended through Amendment 47. The S-92 helicopter remains
- Sikorsky to convert Brunei Shell S-92 for SAR work
- Bristow bring S92s to Sumburgh for start of “Gap SAR”
- Bristow holds PR exercise at Humberside for new SAR base
- Bond Offshore Helicopters signs new contract with ADTI
- Turkish National Police orders two VVIP S92s
- FAA approves Rig Approach system for S92
- Canada spent $700,000 to undo renovations for delayed helicopter
- Bond signs 10 year S92 contract with EnQuest
- Sikorsky Establishes Forward Stocking Location Facility in Brazil
- Bond Offshore Helicopters signs new contract with Premier Oil
- Official – Bristow win UK SAR with ten S92s and ten AW189s
- Reports…. Bristow win UK SAR contract worth £3 Billion
- Global S-92 fleet passes 500,000 hours
- Sikorsky Announces Sale of 30 Helicopters to Milestone Aviation Group
- Bristow renews Total Assurance Program for offshore S92 fleet
- 03-Mar-13 MOI-12 Sikorsky S92 Riyadh, Saudi Arabia (1F)
- Second S92 arrives UK for Bristow “Gap SAR” contract
- 18-Feb-13 Sikorsky S92 North Sea, UK
- Norsk Helikopterservice receives first S-92
- 06-Feb-12 G-WNSH Sikorsky S92 North Sea, UK