Sikorsky Aircraft today announced that Bond Aviation Group, the British helicopter operator and subsidiary company of the World Helicopters Group, has signed a contract to buy 16 S-92® helicopters. The purchase is the largest one-time acquisition of S-92 aircraft ever received by Sikorsky Aircraft, a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp.
"We are deeply honored by the Bond Aviation Group's confidence in Sikorsky and our S-92 helicopter, which we see expressed by this significant firm order," said Carey Bond, President of Sikorsky Global Helicopters. "We are delighted to have Bond join the family of S-92 operators around the world who have selected a proven and reliable aircraft."
The S-92 helicopter is one of the largest in its heavy offshore class. Its cabin can easily carry 19 passengers and their luggage. Since entering service in September 2004, the S-92 fleet has grown to more than 150 aircraft. Helicopter transport companies serving the offshore oil and gas industry operate approximately 60 percent of the fleet, and currently account for 90 percent of the fleet's 380,000 total flight hours.
James Drummond, CEO of World Helicopters Group said: "Bond is delighted to announce the order of 16 new Sikorsky S-92 helicopters. The introduction of the S-92s represents the next stage in Bond's growth and fleet development for both UK and International operations, such as Oil & Gas and Search and Rescue, for which the S-92 is ideally designed. It is a proven and flexible platform that will provide the performance and range required to operate in these environments whilst delivering the highest standards of safety and comfort for its crew and passengers. We look forward to working with Sikorsky to introduce the new aircraft, the first of which we expect in 2013."
All Bond S-92 aircraft will feature equipment and systems necessary for operations in the North Sea in accordance with the European Aviation Safety Agency's requirements. These include five flotation devices, two auto-deployable life rafts, satellite flight following communications, and a main rotor blade ice protection system. Currently, helicopter operators based in five North Sea countries are flying 47 S-92 aircraft configured for offshore transport and search and rescue missions.
Bond ( www.bondairservices.com ; www.bondoffshorehelicopters.com ) is the UK's largest independent emergency and mission critical helicopter operator providing air ambulance helicopter services, police and marine support to offshore wind farms and lighthouses as well as mission critical Oil & Gas crew change and search and rescue services in the North Sea to blue chip oil companies.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., USA, is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture, and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., USA, provides a broad range of high-technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems.
- Bristow to equip 44 helicopters with Rockwell Collins TCAS II
- Zhuhai Helicopter Company orders another four Sikorsky S92s
- CITIC Offshore Helicopter Company orders two Sikorsky S92s
- Volga-Dnepr completes 1,697th helicopter delivery with two S92 and a Super Puma
- CAE breaks ground on new training centre in Brunei
- Azerbaijan Airlines orders S92 and AW139 simulators from CAE
- £7m hangar for Bristow’s new air SAR service at Newquay
- Ex-Im Bank guarantees $187M for S92 exports to Milestone Aviation Group
- Bristow restarts SAR service from Sumburgh with S92
- Sikorsky to convert Brunei Shell S-92 for SAR work
- Bristow bring S92s to Sumburgh for start of “Gap SAR”
- Bristow holds PR exercise at Humberside for new SAR base
- Bond Offshore Helicopters signs new contract with ADTI
- Turkish National Police orders two VVIP S92s
- FAA approves Rig Approach system for S92
- Canada spent $700,000 to undo renovations for delayed helicopter
- Bond signs 10 year S92 contract with EnQuest
- Sikorsky Establishes Forward Stocking Location Facility in Brazil
- Bond Offshore Helicopters signs new contract with Premier Oil
- Official – Bristow win UK SAR with ten S92s and ten AW189s