Composite Technology, Inc. (CTI), a Sikorsky Aerospace Services company, today announced new capabilities to support Sikorsky’s S-76® and S-92® helicopter rotor blade repair and maintenance through its venture in Singapore: Composite Technology International Pte. Ltd (CTIS). CTIS is a venture among CTI, Eurocopter South East Asia and Singapore Technologies Aerospace Engineering. The facility will offer main and tail rotor blade maintenance and repair services for Sikorsky operators in the Asia-Pacific region. Sikorsky Aerospace Services (SAS) is the aftermarket business of Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX).
"This capability for CTIS adds to our comprehensive portfolio of OEM blade repair and we are very pleased to provide regional support to Sikorsky’s commercial platform,” said Bob Ellithorpe, president of CTI. “We are committed to our global customers, and by enhancing our international services, we expand our strategic initiatives to better service CTI’s customer base.”
CTIS will perform rotor blade repair services for the S-76 and S-92 helicopter platforms, offering main and tail rotor blade maintenance and repair services for Sikorsky operators in the Asia Pacific region. Standard blade services include visual inspection, disassembly of the blade, X-Ray or ultrasonic inspection, structural repairs as well as painting and static balance.
“The addition of Sikorsky helicopter rotor blade repair capabilities broadens CTIS’ range of helicopter aftermarket services for the Asia Pacific region, “ said Phua Poey Chor, General Manager of CTIS. “Sikorsky helicopter operators in the region can now benefit from this convenience and receive greater value from our comprehensive suite of services.”
Composite Technology Inc. provides main and tail rotor blade repairs and is an OEM approved Service Center in four locations around the world (U.S., U.K., Brazil, and Singapore). CTI is the only rotor blade repair shop to hold Service Center approvals from all major rotary wing OEM’s: AgustaWestland, Bell Helicopter, Eurocopter, MD Helicopters, and Sikorsky. Composite Technology, Inc. is a unit of Sikorsky Aerospace Services, a Sikorsky Aircraft company.
Sikorsky Aerospace Services provides comprehensive support to rotary and fixed wing aircraft around the world. It offers its military and commercial customers a full portfolio of support services. Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture, and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., provides a broad range of high-technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
- Sikorsky to convert Brunei Shell S-92 for SAR work
- Bristow bring S92s to Sumburgh for start of “Gap SAR”
- Bristow holds PR exercise at Humberside for new SAR base
- Bond Offshore Helicopters signs new contract with ADTI
- Turkish National Police orders two VVIP S92s
- FAA approves Rig Approach system for S92
- Canada spent $700,000 to undo renovations for delayed helicopter
- Bond signs 10 year S92 contract with EnQuest
- Sikorsky Establishes Forward Stocking Location Facility in Brazil
- Bond Offshore Helicopters signs new contract with Premier Oil
- Official – Bristow win UK SAR with ten S92s and ten AW189s
- Reports…. Bristow win UK SAR contract worth £3 Billion
- Global S-92 fleet passes 500,000 hours
- Sikorsky Announces Sale of 30 Helicopters to Milestone Aviation Group
- Bristow renews Total Assurance Program for offshore S92 fleet
- 03-Mar-13 MOI-12 Sikorsky S92 Riyadh, Saudi Arabia (1F)
- Second S92 arrives UK for Bristow “Gap SAR” contract
- 18-Feb-13 Sikorsky S92 North Sea, UK
- Norsk Helikopterservice receives first S-92
- 06-Feb-12 G-WNSH Sikorsky S92 North Sea, UK