Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX), has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Mexican helicopter service provider ASESA (Aeroservicios Especializados, S.A. de C.V.) to jointly explore assembly and service opportunities in support of BLACK HAWK helicopters.
â€œThe MOU marks another step in our commitment to support BLACK HAWK aircraft operated by the Mexican military and Federal Police,â€ said Steve Estill, Sikorsky Vice President for Mexico. â€œThis agreement will establish a working relationship with ASESA in preparation for expected growth in Mexico, which could include helicopter assembly, maintenance, repair and overhaul work.â€
The Mexican Air Force, the Mexican Navy and Federal Police currently operate 21 UH-60L and UH-60M BLACK HAWK aircraft acquired since the mid 1990s. Fifteen of those aircraft have been acquired since 2007. Sikorsky expects the Federal Police to take delivery of another two UH-60M BLACK HAWK aircraft in early 2012. In September 2011, the State of Jalisco acquired an S-70iâ„¢ BLACK HAWK helicopter, the first state government in Mexico to acquire the newest variant of the worldâ€™s most employed military utility aircraft.
â€œWe couldnâ€™t be more pleased to have signed the MOU with Sikorsky,â€ said Humberto Lobo, president of ASESA. â€œWe have a strong interest in Sikorsky products both as relates to our off shore oil transport business as well as our aircraft services businesses. We look forward to a long and productive relationship with one of the best-known helicopter manufacturing companies in the world. This action improves and enhances the program to develop the Mexican Aeronautical Industry as a strategic provider of products and services with a world class company.â€
Aeroservicios Especializados, S.A. de C.V. (ASESA), a subsidiary of Grupo Lomex, is a leading helicopter services operator for the oil and gas Industry in Mexico and South America. Founded in 1977, ASESA serves several markets, with PetrÃ³leos Mexicanos (Pemex), the Mexican state-owned petroleum company being a major customer. ASESA is recognized for customer service innovation and superior quality. ASESA has experience with numerous helicopter models and has accumulated more than 470,000 flight hours and a strong tradition as provider of maintenance services for helicopters in Mexico. The company operates three maintenance centers based in Monterrey, Mexico City, and Ciudad del Carmen, which cover all Mexican territory.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., USA, is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture, and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., USA, provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
- CAE Brunei Multi-Purpose Training Centre plans to become ATO
- Sikorsky awarded $10M contract to expand UH-60L Aircrew Labor In-Cockpit Automation System
- San Diego Air & Space Museum welcomes SH-60B Seahawk
- Elbit to Supply DIRCM Self-Protection Systems for European and Asian Black Hawks
- 21-Jul-15 81-23609 Sikorsky UH-60 McPherson, US-Kansas
- 14-Jul-15 Sikorsky UH-60 El Bejuco, Colombia (4F)
- Sikorsky awarded $11M modification for Jordanian UH-60M order
- CAE to develop an MH-60R composite maintenance trainer for Australia
- 05-Jul-15 Sikorsky UH-60 Tamaulipas, Mexico
- Sikorsky awarded $21M Modification on contract for one UH-60M
- Raytheon awarded $10M delivery order for H-60 FLIR repairs
- Denmark approves Seahawk offset industrial projects
- L-3 Communications awarded $10M option for eight MH-60R datalink systems
- Sikorsky awarded $7.7M order for MH-60R moving map integration
- US proposes $1.9 Billion sale of ten MH-60Rs and support package to Saudi Arabia
- Dillon Aero wins $14M contract for weapon systems on US Army helicopters
- GE wins deal worth up to $2 billion for engines for Taiwan, others
- Leesburg company to buy, refurbish used Blackhawks from Army
- Jordan requests a UH-60M VIP Blackhawk
- Sikorsky awarded $480M weapons contract