Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX), has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Mexican helicopter service provider ASESA (Aeroservicios Especializados, S.A. de C.V.) to jointly explore assembly and service opportunities in support of BLACK HAWK helicopters.
â€œThe MOU marks another step in our commitment to support BLACK HAWK aircraft operated by the Mexican military and Federal Police,â€ said Steve Estill, Sikorsky Vice President for Mexico. â€œThis agreement will establish a working relationship with ASESA in preparation for expected growth in Mexico, which could include helicopter assembly, maintenance, repair and overhaul work.â€
The Mexican Air Force, the Mexican Navy and Federal Police currently operate 21 UH-60L and UH-60M BLACK HAWK aircraft acquired since the mid 1990s. Fifteen of those aircraft have been acquired since 2007. Sikorsky expects the Federal Police to take delivery of another two UH-60M BLACK HAWK aircraft in early 2012. In September 2011, the State of Jalisco acquired an S-70iâ„¢ BLACK HAWK helicopter, the first state government in Mexico to acquire the newest variant of the worldâ€™s most employed military utility aircraft.
â€œWe couldnâ€™t be more pleased to have signed the MOU with Sikorsky,â€ said Humberto Lobo, president of ASESA. â€œWe have a strong interest in Sikorsky products both as relates to our off shore oil transport business as well as our aircraft services businesses. We look forward to a long and productive relationship with one of the best-known helicopter manufacturing companies in the world. This action improves and enhances the program to develop the Mexican Aeronautical Industry as a strategic provider of products and services with a world class company.â€
Aeroservicios Especializados, S.A. de C.V. (ASESA), a subsidiary of Grupo Lomex, is a leading helicopter services operator for the oil and gas Industry in Mexico and South America. Founded in 1977, ASESA serves several markets, with PetrÃ³leos Mexicanos (Pemex), the Mexican state-owned petroleum company being a major customer. ASESA is recognized for customer service innovation and superior quality. ASESA has experience with numerous helicopter models and has accumulated more than 470,000 flight hours and a strong tradition as provider of maintenance services for helicopters in Mexico. The company operates three maintenance centers based in Monterrey, Mexico City, and Ciudad del Carmen, which cover all Mexican territory.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., USA, is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture, and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., USA, provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
- Sikorsky awarded $55M more for seven FMS UH-60M helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $11M for one more UH-60M
- Lockheed Martin awarded $8.4M for MH-60 training
- Wyoming Army aviation is growing
- Canadian Commercial Corp awarded $9M contract for HH-60G repairs
- Polish factory completes 300th Black Hawk cabin
- Rotorcraft Modernization Efforts Back on Track, Officials Tell US Congress
- Sikorsky awarded $42M advance funding for 21 Army UH-60M and 15 HH-60M aircraft
- CAS awarded $11M for UH-60 FMS support work
- L-3 Communications awarded $28M orders for MH-60R and Fire Scout datalink systems
- Sikorsky awarded $387M order for 35 UH-60M
- BHI2 and United Rotorcraft extend UH-60 collaboration
- Los Angeles County Fire Dept Receives Sikorsky Rescue Award
- BHI² (BHI Squared) Helicopters Delivers 4th Type-Certificated UH-60A Commercial Hawk
- Sikorsky explores Saudi production line with Taqnia Aeronautics
- UTC Aerospace Systems wins $15.8M to develop HUMS for MH-60, UH-1Y and AH-1Z
- UH-60V Critical Design Review has been completed
- CAE gets approval for US Navy MH-60R/S Tech Refresh program
- Unmanned Black Hawk picks up and delivers Unmanned ground vehicle
- M-1 Support Services win $12M contract option for helicopter support at Kirtland AFB