Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX), has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Mexican helicopter service provider ASESA (Aeroservicios Especializados, S.A. de C.V.) to jointly explore assembly and service opportunities in support of BLACK HAWK helicopters.
“The MOU marks another step in our commitment to support BLACK HAWK aircraft operated by the Mexican military and Federal Police,” said Steve Estill, Sikorsky Vice President for Mexico. “This agreement will establish a working relationship with ASESA in preparation for expected growth in Mexico, which could include helicopter assembly, maintenance, repair and overhaul work.”
The Mexican Air Force, the Mexican Navy and Federal Police currently operate 21 UH-60L and UH-60M BLACK HAWK aircraft acquired since the mid 1990s. Fifteen of those aircraft have been acquired since 2007. Sikorsky expects the Federal Police to take delivery of another two UH-60M BLACK HAWK aircraft in early 2012. In September 2011, the State of Jalisco acquired an S-70i™ BLACK HAWK helicopter, the first state government in Mexico to acquire the newest variant of the world’s most employed military utility aircraft.
“We couldn’t be more pleased to have signed the MOU with Sikorsky,” said Humberto Lobo, president of ASESA. “We have a strong interest in Sikorsky products both as relates to our off shore oil transport business as well as our aircraft services businesses. We look forward to a long and productive relationship with one of the best-known helicopter manufacturing companies in the world. This action improves and enhances the program to develop the Mexican Aeronautical Industry as a strategic provider of products and services with a world class company.”
Aeroservicios Especializados, S.A. de C.V. (ASESA), a subsidiary of Grupo Lomex, is a leading helicopter services operator for the oil and gas Industry in Mexico and South America. Founded in 1977, ASESA serves several markets, with PetrÃ³leos Mexicanos (Pemex), the Mexican state-owned petroleum company being a major customer. ASESA is recognized for customer service innovation and superior quality. ASESA has experience with numerous helicopter models and has accumulated more than 470,000 flight hours and a strong tradition as provider of maintenance services for helicopters in Mexico. The company operates three maintenance centers based in Monterrey, Mexico City, and Ciudad del Carmen, which cover all Mexican territory.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., USA, is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture, and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., USA, provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
- Ducommun receives Flow-on Black Hawk contract
- Turkey’s Alp Aviation to provide warehousing and distribution of Sikorsky parts
- September launch for Sikorsky’s Training Academy in Oklahoma
- 11-Jun-13 Sikorsky UH-60 Tarin Kowt, Afghanistan
- CAE breaks ground on new training centre in Brunei
- FLIR Systems wins $23M US Coast Guard order
- Sikorsky awarded $11M contract for one UH-60M for Thailand
- Turkey’s Aselsan secures Sikorsky helicopter subcontract
- Colorado National Guard to open new $39M training facility
- Prototype Engineering awarded $10M Black Hawk overhaul work
- 16-Apr-13 Sikorsky CH-53E Chelwon, Korea
- Donaldson delivers engine filters for US Army Black Hawks
- Breeze-Eastern secures $6M order for Advanced Rescue Hoists
- 01-Apr-13 FAC-4105 Sikorsky UH-60L Tabacal, Colombia
- Swedish Black Hawks head for Afghanistan
- 11-Mar-13 Sikorsky UH-60 Daman district, Afghanistan (5F)
- L-3 Aviation Products Selected for Sikorsky H-60 and S-70i
- 15-Mar-13 Sikorsky MH-60R Chula Vista, US-California
- 24-Feb-13 EJC-2154 Sikorsky UH-60L Vistahermosa, Colombia (4F)
- Cold spray system wins environmental technology award