Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX), has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Mexican helicopter service provider ASESA (Aeroservicios Especializados, S.A. de C.V.) to jointly explore assembly and service opportunities in support of BLACK HAWK helicopters.
â€œThe MOU marks another step in our commitment to support BLACK HAWK aircraft operated by the Mexican military and Federal Police,â€ said Steve Estill, Sikorsky Vice President for Mexico. â€œThis agreement will establish a working relationship with ASESA in preparation for expected growth in Mexico, which could include helicopter assembly, maintenance, repair and overhaul work.â€
The Mexican Air Force, the Mexican Navy and Federal Police currently operate 21 UH-60L and UH-60M BLACK HAWK aircraft acquired since the mid 1990s. Fifteen of those aircraft have been acquired since 2007. Sikorsky expects the Federal Police to take delivery of another two UH-60M BLACK HAWK aircraft in early 2012. In September 2011, the State of Jalisco acquired an S-70iâ„¢ BLACK HAWK helicopter, the first state government in Mexico to acquire the newest variant of the worldâ€™s most employed military utility aircraft.
â€œWe couldnâ€™t be more pleased to have signed the MOU with Sikorsky,â€ said Humberto Lobo, president of ASESA. â€œWe have a strong interest in Sikorsky products both as relates to our off shore oil transport business as well as our aircraft services businesses. We look forward to a long and productive relationship with one of the best-known helicopter manufacturing companies in the world. This action improves and enhances the program to develop the Mexican Aeronautical Industry as a strategic provider of products and services with a world class company.â€
Aeroservicios Especializados, S.A. de C.V. (ASESA), a subsidiary of Grupo Lomex, is a leading helicopter services operator for the oil and gas Industry in Mexico and South America. Founded in 1977, ASESA serves several markets, with PetrÃ³leos Mexicanos (Pemex), the Mexican state-owned petroleum company being a major customer. ASESA is recognized for customer service innovation and superior quality. ASESA has experience with numerous helicopter models and has accumulated more than 470,000 flight hours and a strong tradition as provider of maintenance services for helicopters in Mexico. The company operates three maintenance centers based in Monterrey, Mexico City, and Ciudad del Carmen, which cover all Mexican territory.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., USA, is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture, and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., USA, provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
- BAT Trainer Modernizes Helicopter Simulator Flying
- Ohio National Guard Blackhawk Upgrade
- First South Korean Female Pilot Instructor
- Stirling and SGB extend partnership
- Three Black Hawks for Hawaii Army National Guard
- Sikorsky delivers 1000th H-60M to US
- SIkorsky statement regarding Polish order
- US approves $81M Common Missile Warning System sale to Egypt
- Skycore and Unocal bring UH-60A Black Hawks to market
- Rockwell Collins selected by U.S. Army for UH-60Ms
- History made as MH-60S uses MQ-8B as laser designator platform
- Sikorsky Contracted for Modified UH-60M Black Hawks
- U.S. Army Selects Pall PUREair Dry Barrier Filter
- First search and rescue for MH-60R
- Taiwan Declines US MH-60R Offer
- CAE to upgrade two US Navy simulators
- Final MH-60R delivery to Royal Australian Navy
- Lockheed Martin awarded $67M contract for MH-60R radar work
- Sikorsky awarded $11M more for Taiwan and Jordan UH-60M work
- GE awarded $102M Preliminary Design engine contract for Apache and Black Hawk