Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX), has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Mexican helicopter service provider ASESA (Aeroservicios Especializados, S.A. de C.V.) to jointly explore assembly and service opportunities in support of BLACK HAWK helicopters.
“The MOU marks another step in our commitment to support BLACK HAWK aircraft operated by the Mexican military and Federal Police,” said Steve Estill, Sikorsky Vice President for Mexico. “This agreement will establish a working relationship with ASESA in preparation for expected growth in Mexico, which could include helicopter assembly, maintenance, repair and overhaul work.”
The Mexican Air Force, the Mexican Navy and Federal Police currently operate 21 UH-60L and UH-60M BLACK HAWK aircraft acquired since the mid 1990s. Fifteen of those aircraft have been acquired since 2007. Sikorsky expects the Federal Police to take delivery of another two UH-60M BLACK HAWK aircraft in early 2012. In September 2011, the State of Jalisco acquired an S-70i™ BLACK HAWK helicopter, the first state government in Mexico to acquire the newest variant of the world’s most employed military utility aircraft.
“We couldn’t be more pleased to have signed the MOU with Sikorsky,” said Humberto Lobo, president of ASESA. “We have a strong interest in Sikorsky products both as relates to our off shore oil transport business as well as our aircraft services businesses. We look forward to a long and productive relationship with one of the best-known helicopter manufacturing companies in the world. This action improves and enhances the program to develop the Mexican Aeronautical Industry as a strategic provider of products and services with a world class company.”
Aeroservicios Especializados, S.A. de C.V. (ASESA), a subsidiary of Grupo Lomex, is a leading helicopter services operator for the oil and gas Industry in Mexico and South America. Founded in 1977, ASESA serves several markets, with PetrÃ³leos Mexicanos (Pemex), the Mexican state-owned petroleum company being a major customer. ASESA is recognized for customer service innovation and superior quality. ASESA has experience with numerous helicopter models and has accumulated more than 470,000 flight hours and a strong tradition as provider of maintenance services for helicopters in Mexico. The company operates three maintenance centers based in Monterrey, Mexico City, and Ciudad del Carmen, which cover all Mexican territory.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., USA, is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture, and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., USA, provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
- Austria files request for three UH-60Ms
- Brunei accepts four Sikorsky S-70i Black Hawks
- Brunei to take delivery of four Black Hawks this week
- Sikorsky awarded $46M contract to upgrade 26 Black Hawks for Taiwan
- Exelis awarded $7M contract for MH-60R radar signal simulators
- BSC Partners awarded $30M SBIR contract for Helicopter Operations Aircrew/Crew Chief Trainer
- Sikorsky awarded $77M in options for seven UH-60M Black Hawks
- General Electric awarded $13M contract for moving map work
- CTC awarded $14M contract for MH-60S Airborne Mine Countermeasures program
- AAI to Provide Advanced Boresight Equipment for Australian MH-60R fleet
- Lockheed Martin awarded $10M order for VOR/ILS upgrades on Australian MH-60R
- Thales awarded $8.8M order for H-60 sonar
- Two more Black Hawks for Brazil
- L-3 awarded $7.3M more for radio terminal sets for Australian MH-60Rs
- Lockheed Martin awarded $113M USAF contract for SAR training simulators
- Turkey to sign $3.5 billion Black Hawk contract “in next 30 days”
- Sikorsky launches phase maintenance kits for Black Hawk
- ATEC Successfully Completes Testing of First HPW3000 Engine
- Elbit ready to deliver the H-60L Cockpit
- Sikorsky cancels unpaid leave plans