Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX), has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Mexican helicopter service provider ASESA (Aeroservicios Especializados, S.A. de C.V.) to jointly explore assembly and service opportunities in support of BLACK HAWK helicopters.
â€œThe MOU marks another step in our commitment to support BLACK HAWK aircraft operated by the Mexican military and Federal Police,â€ said Steve Estill, Sikorsky Vice President for Mexico. â€œThis agreement will establish a working relationship with ASESA in preparation for expected growth in Mexico, which could include helicopter assembly, maintenance, repair and overhaul work.â€
The Mexican Air Force, the Mexican Navy and Federal Police currently operate 21 UH-60L and UH-60M BLACK HAWK aircraft acquired since the mid 1990s. Fifteen of those aircraft have been acquired since 2007. Sikorsky expects the Federal Police to take delivery of another two UH-60M BLACK HAWK aircraft in early 2012. In September 2011, the State of Jalisco acquired an S-70iâ„¢ BLACK HAWK helicopter, the first state government in Mexico to acquire the newest variant of the worldâ€™s most employed military utility aircraft.
â€œWe couldnâ€™t be more pleased to have signed the MOU with Sikorsky,â€ said Humberto Lobo, president of ASESA. â€œWe have a strong interest in Sikorsky products both as relates to our off shore oil transport business as well as our aircraft services businesses. We look forward to a long and productive relationship with one of the best-known helicopter manufacturing companies in the world. This action improves and enhances the program to develop the Mexican Aeronautical Industry as a strategic provider of products and services with a world class company.â€
Aeroservicios Especializados, S.A. de C.V. (ASESA), a subsidiary of Grupo Lomex, is a leading helicopter services operator for the oil and gas Industry in Mexico and South America. Founded in 1977, ASESA serves several markets, with PetrÃ³leos Mexicanos (Pemex), the Mexican state-owned petroleum company being a major customer. ASESA is recognized for customer service innovation and superior quality. ASESA has experience with numerous helicopter models and has accumulated more than 470,000 flight hours and a strong tradition as provider of maintenance services for helicopters in Mexico. The company operates three maintenance centers based in Monterrey, Mexico City, and Ciudad del Carmen, which cover all Mexican territory.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., USA, is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture, and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., USA, provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
Sikorsky signs MOU with ASESA of Mexico
- Sikorsky awarded $480M weapons contract
- Forestry Commission and National Guard partner for firefighting training in South Carolina
- Northrop Grumman contract CPI Aero for MH-60S Airborne Laser Mine Detection System
- Northrop Grumman to Showcase Tomorrow’s Solutions for Today’s Army Aviation Force at Quad-A Summit
- Sikorsky awarded $93M contract for eight UH-60M for Tunisia
- Mexico requests three UH-60M in total package worth $110M
- Pall delivers 200th PUREair Dry Barrier Filter Element for US Army Black Hawks
- Sikorsky awarded $241M option for 22 UH-60M
- 09-Mar-15 Sikorsky UH-60 Pensacola, US-Florida (11F)
- Lockheed/Sikorsky JV awarded $2 Billion contract for H-60 weapon systems
- UH-60 helps US and Polish forces hone interoperability skills
- Slovakia requests nine UH-60M Black Hawks
- Raytheon awarded $10M turret order for Australian MH-60R fleet
- Northrop Grumman to Feature Global Defence Capabilities at IDEX 2015
- 16-Feb-15 Sikorsky UH-60 Hafar al-Batin, Saudi Arabia (4F)
- Northrop Grumman Receives Contract for MH-60S Laser Mine Detection Systems
- Raytheon awarded $45M job orders for MH-60 multi-spectral targeting system
- Northrop Grumman awarded $35M for Northrop Grumman airborne laser mine detection work
- BSC Partners awarded $13.6M modification to MH-60 training device contract
- 21-Dec-14 Sikorsky MH-60S Camp Buehring, Kuwait