Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX), has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Mexican helicopter service provider ASESA (Aeroservicios Especializados, S.A. de C.V.) to jointly explore assembly and service opportunities in support of BLACK HAWK helicopters.
â€œThe MOU marks another step in our commitment to support BLACK HAWK aircraft operated by the Mexican military and Federal Police,â€ said Steve Estill, Sikorsky Vice President for Mexico. â€œThis agreement will establish a working relationship with ASESA in preparation for expected growth in Mexico, which could include helicopter assembly, maintenance, repair and overhaul work.â€
The Mexican Air Force, the Mexican Navy and Federal Police currently operate 21 UH-60L and UH-60M BLACK HAWK aircraft acquired since the mid 1990s. Fifteen of those aircraft have been acquired since 2007. Sikorsky expects the Federal Police to take delivery of another two UH-60M BLACK HAWK aircraft in early 2012. In September 2011, the State of Jalisco acquired an S-70iâ„¢ BLACK HAWK helicopter, the first state government in Mexico to acquire the newest variant of the worldâ€™s most employed military utility aircraft.
â€œWe couldnâ€™t be more pleased to have signed the MOU with Sikorsky,â€ said Humberto Lobo, president of ASESA. â€œWe have a strong interest in Sikorsky products both as relates to our off shore oil transport business as well as our aircraft services businesses. We look forward to a long and productive relationship with one of the best-known helicopter manufacturing companies in the world. This action improves and enhances the program to develop the Mexican Aeronautical Industry as a strategic provider of products and services with a world class company.â€
Aeroservicios Especializados, S.A. de C.V. (ASESA), a subsidiary of Grupo Lomex, is a leading helicopter services operator for the oil and gas Industry in Mexico and South America. Founded in 1977, ASESA serves several markets, with PetrÃ³leos Mexicanos (Pemex), the Mexican state-owned petroleum company being a major customer. ASESA is recognized for customer service innovation and superior quality. ASESA has experience with numerous helicopter models and has accumulated more than 470,000 flight hours and a strong tradition as provider of maintenance services for helicopters in Mexico. The company operates three maintenance centers based in Monterrey, Mexico City, and Ciudad del Carmen, which cover all Mexican territory.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., USA, is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture, and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., USA, provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
- HSM-74 Conduct First Swing Loaded Operational Flight on MH-60R
- Sikorsky shows Polish built armed Black Hawk at Farnborough
- Sikorsky flies Infirno sensor system on Black Hawk
- LockMart explores Adaptable Weapons Kit for S70i Black Hawks
- PGZ partners with Sikorsky on Polish S70i bid
- Israel to buy eight surplus Seahawk plus equipment in $300M contract
- Lockheed Martin awarded $40M contract for MH-60R software product improvement
- Australian Army commemorates Black Hawk accident 20 years on
- Sikorsky factory in Poland completes prototype Turkish Utility Helicopter
- Denmark celebrates arrival of first three MH-60R Seahawks
- Skycore launches website for civil market Black Hawk customers
- Turkey signs $3.5 Billion deal for 109 Black Hawks
- CAE picks Esterline displays for US Navy MH-60 simulators
- Sikorsky win $11M contract for one UH-60M
- Kirtland AFB to receive new CSAR fleet
- Moog wins $7.1M contract for H-60 repairs
- SIkorsky awarded another $85M for work on Mexican UH-60Ms
- US Army places $88M order for eight UH-60M
- First Sea Hawks delivered to Denmark this week
- Sikorsky conducts Combat Rescue Helicopter preliminary design review