Germany’s DRF Luftrettung today signed a power-by-the-hour service agreement with Eurocopter, ensuring optimized technical support with fixed maintenance costs and minimized downtime for this air rescue organization’s large helicopter fleet.
DRF Luftrettung currently operates 45 Eurocopter helicopters for emergency medical services, composed of the EC145, EC135 and BK117 versions. In 2011, the company agreed to purchase 25 enhanced EC145 T2s, which will provide a new-generation successor for its BK117s.
“We signed this agreement to ensure optimal technical support and rapid response time for our fleet of rescue helicopters,” said Steffen Lutz, CEO of DRF Luftrettung.
The power-by-the-hour service agreement signed today at the Heli-Expo 2012 exhibition covers a 10-year period and represents a business volume of approximately 80 million euros.
“Ensuring the best customer service is a top priority at Eurocopter, and we will ensure all of our resources are available in fulfilling the new power-by-the-hour agreement with DRF Luftrettung,” said Wolfgang Schoder, Eurocopter Executive Vice President Programs.
- Sky Tech joins Turbomeca Certified Maintenance Center Network
- Devon & Cornwall Police air unit joins Twitter
- Eurocopter reveals optionally-piloted EC145
- ASU Completes 700th FAA Approved NVIS Modification
- 15-Apr-13 N262MH Eurocopter EC145 Highland Heights, US-Ohio
- MassDevelopment issues tax-exempt $8M lease for Boston Medflight EC145
- 12-Apr-13 N909SH Eurocopter EC145 Sioux Falls, US-South Dakota
- Metro Aviation begins completion of Boston MedFlight EC145
- True Blue Power Paving the Way for Certified Lithium-ion Products in Aviation
- Metro Aviation begins configuration of EC145 for Memorial MedFlight
- Police Service of Northern Ireland order second EC145
- TNT approves unscripted docu-drama “Life Flight”
- Memorial MedFlight in South Bend Adding EC145
- 07-Mar-13 N909SH Eurocopter EC145 Humboldt, US-South Dakota
- Eurocopter and Milestone Aviation Group getting closer together
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital purchases Eurocopter EC145
- American Eurocopter leads in helicopter sales for EMS missions
- Metro Aviation to showcase new air medical EC145 during Heli-Expo
- JSSI expands airframe programs with EC135 and EC145
- Austin-Travis STAR Flight Rescue Saves Multiple Lives Utilizing NVG