Scandinavian Air Ambulance is acquiring four Eurocopter EC145 T2 helicopters for emergency medical transportation services in the north of Finland, with these rotary-wing aircraft performing demanding day/night operations over land and water in temperatures ranging from - 45°C to +35°C.
The newly-ordered helicopters are to be flown from three northern bases – Oulu, Kuopio and one Lapland location in Rovaniemi – using the EC145 T2’s performance, lift and range capabilities for emergency air ambulance flights and inter-hospital transportation of patients. These operations will be performed in the framework of a medical helicopter service contract awarded last week to Scandinavian Air Ambulance by FinnHEMS ( Finnish Authority in charge of EMS Service by Helicopters ) .
“Scandinavian Air Ambulance is one of Scandinavia's largest air ambulance companies, and its choice of the EC145 T2 is a strong endorsement for this variant of the Eurocopter’s modern helicopter product line,” said Jacques Cardaillac, the Sales Director of Northern Europe at Eurocopter.
The order was signed today at the Heli-Expo 2012 exhibition in Dallas, Texas. Eurocopter unveiled the evolved version of its popular twin-engine EC145 at last year’s Heli-Expo event, with the helicopter incorporating the company’s Fenestron shrouded tail rotor, new Arriel 2E engines with dual channel FADEC, upgraded main and tail rotor gear boxes, and an innovative new digital avionics suite together with a 4-axis autopilot.
“Eurocopter’s development of the evolved EC145 T2 provides a helicopter system that meets our needs in a very challenging operational environment,” explained Dick Lindholm, the President of Scandinavian Air Ambulance – Finland. “We look forward to receiving the EC145 T2s beginning in 2014, which will join our Eurocopter fleet that already consists of EC135s and EC145s, along with AS365 helicopters.”
The Swedish company began operations in 2001 with helicopter bases in Stockholm and Ã–stersund, subsequently expanding across the country using both rotary-wing and fixed-wing aircraft at the service of Swedish health care authorities and county councils. Further growth occurred in December 2010 when it took over helicopter activity in Finland.
- Sky Tech joins Turbomeca Certified Maintenance Center Network
- Devon & Cornwall Police air unit joins Twitter
- Eurocopter reveals optionally-piloted EC145
- ASU Completes 700th FAA Approved NVIS Modification
- 15-Apr-13 N262MH Eurocopter EC145 Highland Heights, US-Ohio
- MassDevelopment issues tax-exempt $8M lease for Boston Medflight EC145
- 12-Apr-13 N909SH Eurocopter EC145 Sioux Falls, US-South Dakota
- Metro Aviation begins completion of Boston MedFlight EC145
- True Blue Power Paving the Way for Certified Lithium-ion Products in Aviation
- Metro Aviation begins configuration of EC145 for Memorial MedFlight
- Police Service of Northern Ireland order second EC145
- TNT approves unscripted docu-drama “Life Flight”
- Memorial MedFlight in South Bend Adding EC145
- 07-Mar-13 N909SH Eurocopter EC145 Humboldt, US-South Dakota
- Eurocopter and Milestone Aviation Group getting closer together
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital purchases Eurocopter EC145
- American Eurocopter leads in helicopter sales for EMS missions
- Metro Aviation to showcase new air medical EC145 during Heli-Expo
- JSSI expands airframe programs with EC135 and EC145
- Austin-Travis STAR Flight Rescue Saves Multiple Lives Utilizing NVG