Sikorsky Aircraft Corp. has delivered two offshore utility helicopters to China Southern Airlines’ Zhuhai Helicopter Branch company, with a third delivery to occur next week, to support the offshore oil operations in the South China Sea by Zhuhai’s customers. Sikorsky is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE:UTX).
Zhuhai Helicopter Branch is among the major helicopter operators supporting offshore oil operations and other market segments in China. Since 1984, the company has used Sikorsky helicopters to transport oil workers for such companies as China National Offshore Oil Corp., Chevron, and ExxonMobil.
The delivery of the new aircraft brings the total of Sikorsky helicopters in the Zhuhai Helicopter Branch fleet to 16 aircraft: 13 S-76® and three S-92® helicopters. Zhuhai Helicopter Branch operates the largest S-76 helicopter fleet in China and Asia, and was the first operator in China to purchase a commercial helicopter from Sikorsky.
“Sikorsky Aircraft is proud to see the rapid growth of Zhuhai, and to have such a loyal customer operating an exclusive Sikorsky fleet for so many years. The mutual trust and support that our two companies have developed have contributed to a better understanding in the region of Sikorsky products as well as the training and maintenance capabilities we offer,” said Shane Eddy, Vice President, Global Supply Chain. “Together, our joint efforts are on a path to contribute in a significant way to the future development of the South Sea China offshore oil industry, and Sikorsky is proud to play a role in that potential success.”
Zhuhai took delivery of its new helicopters in September and December. The aircraft have been put into service and are operating out of the Guangdong province in China.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., U.S.A., is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture, and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., U.S.A., provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
- Mexico certifies Sikorsky S76D
- Sikorsky Aerospace and WIKING Kale Air Launch New Customer Service Center
- Helijet Expands B.C. Central Coast Presence
- AAG Offers Special Charter Rates to Avoid NYC Airport Delays
- 27-Apr-13 N305SJ Sikorsky S76B Constanza, Dominican Republic
- FlightSafety to offer Sikorsky S-76B training in Dallas
- Sikorsky Establishes Forward Stocking Location Facility in Brazil
- UK – Capital Air Services add two S76s on management
- British Columbia’s Air Ambulance audit raises questions
- 15-Mar-13 N574EH Sikorsky S76A++ Lake Charles, US-Louisiana (3F)
- 11-Mar-13 Sikorsky S76C++ Muskegon, US-Michigan
- Sikorsky recognises National Helicopter Services of Trinidad & Tobago
- Bristow awarded FAA STC for ADS-B Out solution on S76C
- ASU completes second S-76C++ NVG conversion for PHi
- Spectrum Aeromed to exhibit at Heli-Expo
- Northland Emergency Services Trust hit by theft from hangar
- HeliFlite adds third S76
- New research report issued on Sikorsky
- Geisinger Life Flight obtains FAA air carrier certificate
- 28-Nov-12 N911FK Sikorsky S76A Tavernier, US-Florida