Richmond, BC - Vector Aerospace Helicopter Services-North America (Vector) www.vectoraerospace.com, a subsidiary of Vector Aerospace Corporation and one of the world’s leading providers of helicopter maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) services announces it has received Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Supplemental Type Certification (STC) for installation of the Skytrac ISAT 100/200 Helicopter Flight-Following and Satellite communication system on the Eurocopter AS332C, L, L1 and L2 models (#SR02393AK).
“The Skytrac system integration offers enhanced two-way voice communication between aircraft and ground, and also features flight-following, aircraft tracking and flight mapping capabilities,” explains Elvis Moniz, vice-president of operations at Vector’s airframe and avionics MRO operation based in Langley, British Columbia, Canada.
Moniz further emphasizes that this certification is the first of many avionics STC's currently in development by Vector for the Super Puma helicopter, as well as certifications for a variety of other legacy helicopters supported by Vector in response to an increasing operator focus on platform upgrades versus replacement.
Vector has a history of success with development and integration of avionics STCs and upgrades on a variety of Sikorsky, Eurocopter and Bell helicopter models from its Langley and Andalusia, Alabama operations; both of which are recognized as industry leaders in avionics and airframe repair and overhaul for both commercial and defense helicopter operations.
- VNH South recognised for flight hour milestone as more EC225s arrive
- Heli-One secures multi-million-dollar PBH contract with NHV
- CHC prepares two AS332s for Shell contract in Africa
- New “Land or Ditch Immediately” advice for EC225 operators
- Super Puma AS332 L2 G-REDL Fatal Accident Inquiry announced
- 21-Mar-13 D-HEGB Eurocopter AS332L1 Berlin, Germany
- Peru – Servicios Aéreos de Los Andes to lease two AS332s
- Vector Aerospace – the newest AS332 service centre
- Svalbard selects Lufttransport for SAR
- 27-Nov-12 Eurocopter AS532 Liberator, Venezuela
- 19-Nov-12 JA9965 Eurocopter AS332L1 Kita-Hira, Japan
- Turbomeca engines reach 400,000 hours on Citic Offshore fleet
- 22-Oct-12 G-CHCN Eurocopter EC225 Shetland, UK
- Lerwick Harbour pilot boats are key in Bond’s Jigsaw operations
- Bristow completes Baltic AS332 contract
- 25-Jul-12 Eurocopter AS532AL Verdon Gorge, France (6F)
- CHC wins three North Sea contracts worth $820 Million
- 25-Jun-12 Eurocopter AS332L2 Shetland, UK
- Eurocopter establishes Africa’s first full motion Helicopter Simulator
- 06-Jun-12 PR-OMV Eurocopter EC225 Macae, Brazil