Sikorsky Export Corporation, a subsidiary of Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation, a subsidiary of United Technologies CorpÂ has opened a business office in Mexico City. The office will provide sales and logistics support to the growing number of BLACK HAWK aircraft operated by the Mexican armed forces.
Among those attending a ribbon cutting ceremony to mark the office opening were representatives from the Mexican Ministry of Economy, Ministry of Interior, Secetaria de la Defensa Nacional (Mexican Army and Air Force), Secrataria de la Marina (Mexican Navy), ProMexico, Secrataria de Seguridad Publica (Mexican Federal Police), the State Government of Jalisco, and the U.S. Embassy in Mexico.
“Sikorsky’s presence in Mexico officially marks what has been true for some time now, that Mexico is a very important customer to Sikorsky and to United Technologies,” said Steve Estill, Sikorsky Vice President. “The BLACK HAWK fleet in Mexico has nearly quadrupled in size over the last five years and will continue expanding.”
Noted Captain Eduardo Laris, Mexican Federal Police Chief Commissioner and Coordinator of Air Operations: “The support we receive from Sikorsky in our BLACK HAWK aircraft operations is unparalleled. These aircraft are key to our high mission capability rate. We look forward to enjoying expanded support by the opening of this office.”
The Mexican Air Force, the Mexican Navy and Federal Police operate a total of 20 UH-60L and UH-60M BLACK HAWK aircraft acquired since the mid 1990s. Sikorsky expects the Federal Polcie to take delivery of another two UH-60M BLACK HAWK aircraft by early 2012. In September, 2011, the State of Jalisco acquired an S-70i helicopter, the first state government in Mexico to acquire the newest variant of the world’s most employed military utility aircraft.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., USA, is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture, and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., USA, provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
This press release contains forward-looking statements concerning potential future BLACK HAWK sales in Mexico. Actual results may differ materially from those projected as a result of certain risks and uncertainties, including but not limited to Foreign Military Sales agreements between the Mexican and U.S. governments, customer demand and other risks and uncertainties, including but not limited to those detailed from time to time in United Technologies Corporation’s Securities and Exchange Commission filings. www.sikorsky.com
Photo – UH-60 of Mexican Federal Police
- Northern Lights Regional Health Centre to Start Helipad Construction
- Toledo Police to sell Robinson R44
- Airbus Helicopters launches new high-end bespoke brand at EBACE
- Russian Helicopters supply aviation equipment for helicopters of the Peruvian Air Force
- Metro Aviation hosts Leadership Conference
- Rogerson Kratos UH-60A Upgrades with Cockpit Modernization
- VNH South completes test flight to Times Square rooftop pad in Ho Chi Minh City
- UEC Presents Newest Russian Engines for Aircraft and Helicopters at SITDEF in Peru
- Vector Aerospace enhances UH-1H hot, high and heavy performance
- Martin-Baker awarded $27M contract for 1,016 UH-60 Blackhawk operator seats
- Lockheed Martin awarded $332M contract for Apache Night Vision Sensor System work
- Sikorsky awarded $38M contract for the renovation of 381 UH-60 tail rotor blades
- Boeing awarded $541M contract for production of 15 CH-47Fs
- Kenya orders twelve MD530F helicopters
- Slovakia military orders nine Bell 429s
- 21-May-17 Ahmar el Ain, Algeria (5F)
- 20-May-17 6595 Airbus HH-65 Berkeley, US-California
- 20-May-17 N2322Z Robinson R22 Linden, US-New Jersey
- 20-May-17 N778TL Robinson R44 Canon City, US-Colorado
- Maverick Helicopters wins eight consecutive Best Air Tour award