Sikorsky Export Corporation, a subsidiary of Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation, a subsidiary of United Technologies CorpÂ has opened a business office in Mexico City. The office will provide sales and logistics support to the growing number of BLACK HAWK aircraft operated by the Mexican armed forces.
Among those attending a ribbon cutting ceremony to mark the office opening were representatives from the Mexican Ministry of Economy, Ministry of Interior, Secetaria de la Defensa Nacional (Mexican Army and Air Force), Secrataria de la Marina (Mexican Navy), ProMexico, Secrataria de Seguridad Publica (Mexican Federal Police), the State Government of Jalisco, and the U.S. Embassy in Mexico.
“Sikorsky’s presence in Mexico officially marks what has been true for some time now, that Mexico is a very important customer to Sikorsky and to United Technologies,” said Steve Estill, Sikorsky Vice President. “The BLACK HAWK fleet in Mexico has nearly quadrupled in size over the last five years and will continue expanding.”
Noted Captain Eduardo Laris, Mexican Federal Police Chief Commissioner and Coordinator of Air Operations: “The support we receive from Sikorsky in our BLACK HAWK aircraft operations is unparalleled. These aircraft are key to our high mission capability rate. We look forward to enjoying expanded support by the opening of this office.”
The Mexican Air Force, the Mexican Navy and Federal Police operate a total of 20 UH-60L and UH-60M BLACK HAWK aircraft acquired since the mid 1990s. Sikorsky expects the Federal Polcie to take delivery of another two UH-60M BLACK HAWK aircraft by early 2012. In September, 2011, the State of Jalisco acquired an S-70i helicopter, the first state government in Mexico to acquire the newest variant of the world’s most employed military utility aircraft.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., USA, is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture, and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., USA, provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
This press release contains forward-looking statements concerning potential future BLACK HAWK sales in Mexico. Actual results may differ materially from those projected as a result of certain risks and uncertainties, including but not limited to Foreign Military Sales agreements between the Mexican and U.S. governments, customer demand and other risks and uncertainties, including but not limited to those detailed from time to time in United Technologies Corporation’s Securities and Exchange Commission filings. www.sikorsky.com
Photo – UH-60 of Mexican Federal Police
- Los Angeles Police Dept order four airbus H125
- New Helicopter Tours Announced in Costa Rica
- KABC-TV Unveils State-of-the-art AIR7HD
- Twirly Birds Announce Annual Meeting in Dallas, Texas
- Bell delivers first fully customized aircraft from Prague Facility
- Huangling Turns into a Golden Field of Seasonal Wonder as Spring Arrives
- U.S. based Air Evac Lifeteam deploys Ramco Aviation Suite V5.7
- Columbia Helicopters Selects SKYTRAC Flight Data Monitoring
- Bell Helicopter and TRU Meet Milestones Marking BTA-Valencia Completion
- Safe Flight and Vector Aerospace to Showcase New Partnership at Heli-Expo
- DART Aerospace starts the new year with its presence at the HAI Heli-Expo 2017
- Wysong deliveres two B407GX’s to PHI Air Medica
- Possible Stabilization for Oil and Gas Sector
- Entrepreneur David MacNeil takes delivery of new, customized Airbus H145 helicopter
- Worldwide Helicopter Safety Teams Will Release Accident Data at Heli-Expo 2017
- LifeFlight Requests New Toowoomba Base
- Rostec and RDIF attract leading international funds to invest in Russian Helicopters
- Pakistan expands its AW139 fleet with new orders
- NHV awarded with offshore contract by Seaway Heavy Lifting
- Russian Helicopters expanding after-sales services in the Near East and Africa