Sikorsky Export Corporation, a subsidiary of Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation, a subsidiary of United Technologies CorpÂ has opened a business office in Mexico City. The office will provide sales and logistics support to the growing number of BLACK HAWK aircraft operated by the Mexican armed forces.
Among those attending a ribbon cutting ceremony to mark the office opening were representatives from the Mexican Ministry of Economy, Ministry of Interior, Secetaria de la Defensa Nacional (Mexican Army and Air Force), Secrataria de la Marina (Mexican Navy), ProMexico, Secrataria de Seguridad Publica (Mexican Federal Police), the State Government of Jalisco, and the U.S. Embassy in Mexico.
“Sikorsky’s presence in Mexico officially marks what has been true for some time now, that Mexico is a very important customer to Sikorsky and to United Technologies,” said Steve Estill, Sikorsky Vice President. “The BLACK HAWK fleet in Mexico has nearly quadrupled in size over the last five years and will continue expanding.”
Noted Captain Eduardo Laris, Mexican Federal Police Chief Commissioner and Coordinator of Air Operations: “The support we receive from Sikorsky in our BLACK HAWK aircraft operations is unparalleled. These aircraft are key to our high mission capability rate. We look forward to enjoying expanded support by the opening of this office.”
The Mexican Air Force, the Mexican Navy and Federal Police operate a total of 20 UH-60L and UH-60M BLACK HAWK aircraft acquired since the mid 1990s. Sikorsky expects the Federal Polcie to take delivery of another two UH-60M BLACK HAWK aircraft by early 2012. In September, 2011, the State of Jalisco acquired an S-70i helicopter, the first state government in Mexico to acquire the newest variant of the world’s most employed military utility aircraft.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., USA, is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture, and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., USA, provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
This press release contains forward-looking statements concerning potential future BLACK HAWK sales in Mexico. Actual results may differ materially from those projected as a result of certain risks and uncertainties, including but not limited to Foreign Military Sales agreements between the Mexican and U.S. governments, customer demand and other risks and uncertainties, including but not limited to those detailed from time to time in United Technologies Corporation’s Securities and Exchange Commission filings. www.sikorsky.com
Photo – UH-60 of Mexican Federal Police
Sikorsky opens office in Mexico
- The Challenges and Adventures of Helicopter Maintenance
- 28-Feb-15 Robinson R22 Archerfield, Australia
- 28-Feb-15 VH-YHD Enstrom 280C Deception Bay, Australia
- Vanderbilt LifeFlight extends plasma trial
- MV-22 Osprey refuels from KC-10 for the first time
- Kuwait to operate first EMS Bell 429s in Middle East
- Helicentre Aviation Academy’s Cabri G2 Fleet Increases to Five
- UK civilian SAR launched with ceremony
- Vision Systems to unveil dimmable sun visor at Heli-Expo
- Rockwell Collins launches Pro Line Fusion for commercial helicopter platforms
- SLU Partners with Midwest Helicopter to Offer Flight Training
- UK Air ambulance charities receive share of £5M banking sector fines
- Snowy Hydro SouthCare boss leaving for new cancer charity role
- Ambulance Victoria Takes Delivery of its first AW139
- UAE takes delivery of three SAR AW139s
- VIH Aerospace Exhibiting at Heli-Expo 2015
- REACH Air Medical Services Completes 100,000 Successful Patient Transports
- Perry Siler Announces Retirement at Conclusion of Heli-Expo 2016
- Safe Flight Icing Conditions Detector on Display at Heli-Expo
- Garmin Introduces Helicopter-Specific ADS-B Solutions