Sikorsky Export Corporation, a subsidiary of Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation, a subsidiary of United Technologies CorpÂ has opened a business office in Mexico City. The office will provide sales and logistics support to the growing number of BLACK HAWK aircraft operated by the Mexican armed forces.
Among those attending a ribbon cutting ceremony to mark the office opening were representatives from the Mexican Ministry of Economy, Ministry of Interior, Secetaria de la Defensa Nacional (Mexican Army and Air Force), Secrataria de la Marina (Mexican Navy), ProMexico, Secrataria de Seguridad Publica (Mexican Federal Police), the State Government of Jalisco, and the U.S. Embassy in Mexico.
“Sikorsky’s presence in Mexico officially marks what has been true for some time now, that Mexico is a very important customer to Sikorsky and to United Technologies,” said Steve Estill, Sikorsky Vice President. “The BLACK HAWK fleet in Mexico has nearly quadrupled in size over the last five years and will continue expanding.”
Noted Captain Eduardo Laris, Mexican Federal Police Chief Commissioner and Coordinator of Air Operations: “The support we receive from Sikorsky in our BLACK HAWK aircraft operations is unparalleled. These aircraft are key to our high mission capability rate. We look forward to enjoying expanded support by the opening of this office.”
The Mexican Air Force, the Mexican Navy and Federal Police operate a total of 20 UH-60L and UH-60M BLACK HAWK aircraft acquired since the mid 1990s. Sikorsky expects the Federal Polcie to take delivery of another two UH-60M BLACK HAWK aircraft by early 2012. In September, 2011, the State of Jalisco acquired an S-70i helicopter, the first state government in Mexico to acquire the newest variant of the world’s most employed military utility aircraft.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., USA, is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture, and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., USA, provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
This press release contains forward-looking statements concerning potential future BLACK HAWK sales in Mexico. Actual results may differ materially from those projected as a result of certain risks and uncertainties, including but not limited to Foreign Military Sales agreements between the Mexican and U.S. governments, customer demand and other risks and uncertainties, including but not limited to those detailed from time to time in United Technologies Corporation’s Securities and Exchange Commission filings. www.sikorsky.com
Photo – UH-60 of Mexican Federal Police
- Former Sikorsky and Schweizer facility close to being sold
- Philippine telecom company commercialises flight dept
- ALEA Public Safety Drone Expo Opens in New Orleans
- ACR Electronics Announces Acquisition of SKYTRAC by Drew Marine
- Metro Aviation celebrates 35 years of operation
- Safran appoints new Executive Vice-President of Programs
- FAA and EASA Update Aviation Safety Agreement
- FAA issue exemption allowing ACSF UH-1 blades to fly
- Trakka announces Leonardo AW109 to feature SWE-400 QUAD
- Oceania Aviation completes first AS355 Max-Vis EVS install
- CHC SAR Team Awarded Commendation Award
- Worcestershire Royal Hospital helipad plans approval
- Palm Beach Helicopters installs TH22SM AATD from ELITE
- Nord Helikopter praises Auk protection suits
- Vector takes AS350 crash resistant fuel system to AMTC 2017
- DART Aerospace now accepting preorders for Bell 505 Bearpaws
- Oceania Aviation complete Pakistan Army Schweizer upgrade program
- Skytrac receives patent for bill-by-the-mile tracker
- Airbus Helicopters proudly supports AAMS Community Award Winners
- Helicopter Museum Co-hosts Main Line Airport Dedication