Sikorsky Export Corporation, a subsidiary of Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation, a subsidiary of United Technologies CorpÂ has opened a business office in Mexico City. The office will provide sales and logistics support to the growing number of BLACK HAWK aircraft operated by the Mexican armed forces.
Among those attending a ribbon cutting ceremony to mark the office opening were representatives from the Mexican Ministry of Economy, Ministry of Interior, Secetaria de la Defensa Nacional (Mexican Army and Air Force), Secrataria de la Marina (Mexican Navy), ProMexico, Secrataria de Seguridad Publica (Mexican Federal Police), the State Government of Jalisco, and the U.S. Embassy in Mexico.
“Sikorsky’s presence in Mexico officially marks what has been true for some time now, that Mexico is a very important customer to Sikorsky and to United Technologies,” said Steve Estill, Sikorsky Vice President. “The BLACK HAWK fleet in Mexico has nearly quadrupled in size over the last five years and will continue expanding.”
Noted Captain Eduardo Laris, Mexican Federal Police Chief Commissioner and Coordinator of Air Operations: “The support we receive from Sikorsky in our BLACK HAWK aircraft operations is unparalleled. These aircraft are key to our high mission capability rate. We look forward to enjoying expanded support by the opening of this office.”
The Mexican Air Force, the Mexican Navy and Federal Police operate a total of 20 UH-60L and UH-60M BLACK HAWK aircraft acquired since the mid 1990s. Sikorsky expects the Federal Polcie to take delivery of another two UH-60M BLACK HAWK aircraft by early 2012. In September, 2011, the State of Jalisco acquired an S-70i helicopter, the first state government in Mexico to acquire the newest variant of the world’s most employed military utility aircraft.
Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., USA, is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture, and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., USA, provides a broad range of high technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries.
This press release contains forward-looking statements concerning potential future BLACK HAWK sales in Mexico. Actual results may differ materially from those projected as a result of certain risks and uncertainties, including but not limited to Foreign Military Sales agreements between the Mexican and U.S. governments, customer demand and other risks and uncertainties, including but not limited to those detailed from time to time in United Technologies Corporation’s Securities and Exchange Commission filings. www.sikorsky.com
Photo – UH-60 of Mexican Federal Police
- Maverick Helicopters Invests Nearly $2 Million in Ground Transportation
- FAA Selects New Unmanned Aircraft Executives
- FAA Releases Updated Model Aircraft Guidance
- Cadorath Engineering becomes Canada’s latest Design Approval Organization
- Bond Offshore Helicopters picks Heli-One to overhaul H225
- Airbus Helicopters H175 reaches 1,000 flight hours with NHV
- Power Hydraulics move to larger facility in Langley
- AnalySwift launches Purdue software to speed modeling of composite materials, structures
- Nasmyth group company wins AgustaWestland IQS Gold Award
- Whirly-Girls Award more Scholarships in 2016 than ever before
- Fly Safe: Prevent Loss of Control Accidents
- Airbus Helicopters appoints new Head of External Communications
- Bristow to present at 2015 Barclays Energy – Power Conference
- Register Update – Canada – August 2015
- Register Update – USA – week to 30 August 2015
- Bell opens Lafayette Assembly Center for 505
- Oceania Aviation launches Finance and Leasing division
- Shimco Breaks Ground at New Headquarters
- CAE Brunei Multi-Purpose Training Centre plans to become ATO
- Guardian Mobility G3 now Certified in Brazil