MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI), a leading manufacturer of commercial and military helicopters, has announced that the Kansas City Board of Police Commissioners has approved the purchase of three MD 500E helicopters for use by the Police Patrol Support Unit for airborne law enforcement. The selection of MD Helicopters was made after a six month RFP process, which included proposal review and product demonstration by four vendors.
The Kansas City Police Department was one of the first law enforcement agencies to implement the concept of airborne helicopter patrol in the early 1970s using the Hughes 300 helicopter. The decision to upgrade the fleet to a state-of-the-art helicopter was made after years of successful operation using the OH-6 military surplus aircraft. The speed, agility, performance, low acquisition and operating cost of the MD 500E made it the aircraft of choice for the mission. The new aircraft will include an infrared camera, video downlink, NVG compatibility, high powered searchlight and a mapping system from selected vendors.
MD Helicopters is proud of the breadth of its law enforcement customer base. Its history and legacy is built upon serving municipal and military markets. We are so pleased that the Kansas City Police Department has again chosen the MD aircraft as the best value proposition to meet its mission, said Lynn Tilton, CEO of MDHI.
- Minnesota Dept of Natural Resources takes delivery of new MD500E
- Fresno Sheriff orders MD530F as MD500E replacement
- Fresno County Sheriff to replace one 500E with a new aircraft
- New MD500E for Minnesota Dept of Natural Resources
- R66 production numbers speed past the H120 total
- Gwinnett County Police receive first 530F upgrade
- 27-Sep-15 SP-SOO MD Helicopters MD500E Burkatów, Poland
- MDHI Completes E-to-F conversions for Columbus Police
- Bushveld Game Capture buy second MD500E
- 03-Sep-15 N16056 MD Helicopters MD500E New Smyrna Beach, US-Florida
- 05-Aug-15 N43792 MD Helicopters 500E Whitefish, US-Montana
- MD Helicopters to showcase Houston Police MD500E at ALEA 2015
- Columbus PD to Convert 500Es to 530Fs
- 19-May-15 MSP-012 MD Helicopters MD500E Talamanca, Costa Rica
- Las Vegas Metro Police orders replacement MD530F
- 30-Apr-15 N558CP MD Helicopters MD500E New Albany, US-Ohio
- 30-Apr-15 N558CP MD Helicopters MD500E Hilliard, US-Ohio
- EASA approves 270 pound increase for MD Explorer
- Gwinnett police to upgrade two 500Es to 530F standard
- Mesa Police orders new MD530F