Vislink has won a major order from Motorola Solutions, Inc. to fulfill Motorola’s contract with the City of Chicago Office of Emergency Management and Communications (OEMC) to equip Chicago Fire and Police Department helicopters with airborne surveillance technology in advance of the city’s hosting of the Group of Eight (G8) and NATO Summits in May 2012.
Vislink will design the fully integrated airborne downlink system, supplying its high power HD/SD Kamelyon(TM) HDX-1100 digital aircraft transmitter and cockpit-mounted control panel units to provide a broad range of surveillance and first response capabilities.
The airborne units will transmit to four strategically located ground-based receiver sites providing city-wide coverage and the ability to simultaneously receive real-time images from two aircraft for viewing at the OEMC operations center. An additional three receive systems will be installed in the city’s mobile command vehicles to facilitate field operations.
In addition to the hardware, Motorola Solutions purchased a multiple-services package from Vislink that includes site survey, design, frequency coordination, engineering, fabrication, assembly, equipment integration, installation, testing and acceptance.
Vislink’s V-Net video surveillance technology provides first responders with mission critical imagery to support crisis management activities. By integrating microwave, cellular, and WiFi technologies, Vislink is able to collect video from airborne and ground-based sensors over disparate networks and distribute it directly to response personnel.
The sale represents a continuation of Vislink’s accelerating expansion into the global video surveillance market.
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance fly 8,000th Mission
- Bell Announces the Delivery of Bell 429s to Jamaica Defence Force
- Egypt Receives new Ka-52 Alligator Helicopters
- Nepal to clamp down on helicopter rescue insurance scams
- Sonoma County Sheriff unveils new helicopter
- Wales Air Ambulance takes over Cardiff HP lease
- Japan resumes talks with local government on V-22 deployment
- Babcock takes delivery of another new S92
- AVIC AC312E Passes Stability Test
- LOTN completes overhaul of first Afghan Mi-17V-5
- Bell Boeing Joint Program awarded $74M contract for V-22 Repairs
- Bergen H225 Final Accident Report : Comprehensive and Worrying
- New Zealand orders NH90 flight training device from CAE
- Maverick Helicopters has expanded operations to Hawaii’s Kauai
- CHC and Sikorsky Sending Students to Safety & Quality Summit
- Aerometals Receives FAA STC Approval for Airbus H130 IBF System
- Manang Air successfully completes CAAN Approved Training Organization Audit-2018
- FAA proposes closing HIWAS weather advisory
- VRT500 passed first stage of aerodynamic tests
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System Approved