Vislink has won a major order from Motorola Solutions, Inc. to fulfill Motorola’s contract with the City of Chicago Office of Emergency Management and Communications (OEMC) to equip Chicago Fire and Police Department helicopters with airborne surveillance technology in advance of the city’s hosting of the Group of Eight (G8) and NATO Summits in May 2012.
Vislink will design the fully integrated airborne downlink system, supplying its high power HD/SD Kamelyon(TM) HDX-1100 digital aircraft transmitter and cockpit-mounted control panel units to provide a broad range of surveillance and first response capabilities.
The airborne units will transmit to four strategically located ground-based receiver sites providing city-wide coverage and the ability to simultaneously receive real-time images from two aircraft for viewing at the OEMC operations center. An additional three receive systems will be installed in the city’s mobile command vehicles to facilitate field operations.
In addition to the hardware, Motorola Solutions purchased a multiple-services package from Vislink that includes site survey, design, frequency coordination, engineering, fabrication, assembly, equipment integration, installation, testing and acceptance.
Vislink’s V-Net video surveillance technology provides first responders with mission critical imagery to support crisis management activities. By integrating microwave, cellular, and WiFi technologies, Vislink is able to collect video from airborne and ground-based sensors over disparate networks and distribute it directly to response personnel.
The sale represents a continuation of Vislink’s accelerating expansion into the global video surveillance market.
- Dutch EMS operator picks P&W engines for new H135s
- Possible US Foreign Military Sale to the UK
- Airbus to showcase H135 as future Navy helicopter
- Dart signs new AMC during Helitech 2018
- Visit Bell at #IACP2018
- New helicopter hoist will help rescue injured firefighters in Nevada
- Bell and Yamato announce collaboration
- Leonardo congratulates the Royal Malaysian Navy on reaching a milestone
- Dart receives EASA certification for EC130/H130 Cable Cutter System
- Enstrom announces 280FX Sale at Helitech 2018
- 1st H125 delivered with BLR FastFin kit
- Dart opens new service center in Amsterdam
- HeliOffshore held the 2nd in a series of Human Hazard Analysis workshops
- Avic ready to export Z-19 attack helicopter
- CH-53K running short of crucial part
- Te Anau Retains Helicopter Base
- Airbus to showcase at Euronaval
- Portuguese Air Force orders 5 AW119Kx
- Helitech to change name as expo adapts to changing market
- Kopter announces new distributor for the Nordic countries