Vislink has won a major order from Motorola Solutions, Inc. to fulfill Motorola’s contract with the City of Chicago Office of Emergency Management and Communications (OEMC) to equip Chicago Fire and Police Department helicopters with airborne surveillance technology in advance of the city’s hosting of the Group of Eight (G8) and NATO Summits in May 2012.
Vislink will design the fully integrated airborne downlink system, supplying its high power HD/SD Kamelyon(TM) HDX-1100 digital aircraft transmitter and cockpit-mounted control panel units to provide a broad range of surveillance and first response capabilities.
The airborne units will transmit to four strategically located ground-based receiver sites providing city-wide coverage and the ability to simultaneously receive real-time images from two aircraft for viewing at the OEMC operations center. An additional three receive systems will be installed in the city’s mobile command vehicles to facilitate field operations.
In addition to the hardware, Motorola Solutions purchased a multiple-services package from Vislink that includes site survey, design, frequency coordination, engineering, fabrication, assembly, equipment integration, installation, testing and acceptance.
Vislink’s V-Net video surveillance technology provides first responders with mission critical imagery to support crisis management activities. By integrating microwave, cellular, and WiFi technologies, Vislink is able to collect video from airborne and ground-based sensors over disparate networks and distribute it directly to response personnel.
The sale represents a continuation of Vislink’s accelerating expansion into the global video surveillance market.
- Eagle Australasia appointed Garmin Authorised Dealer
- CopterSafety upgrades AW139 simulator with Phase 7 avionics
- Australian Army extends contract with Rockwell Collins
- First Female Pilot for Colombian Army
- CHC announce keynote speaker for Safety & Quality Summit
- Bell and Safran Announce Shared Vision for On-Demand Mobility
- Mi-171A2 is Planned to be Certified in India
- Rampart Helicopter Services aims to correct Colorado zoning violation
- Helipad Ceremony for Essentia Health-St. Mary’s Foundation
- Oceania Aviation appointed distributor for H125 maximum view kit
- Air Ambulance Chief Executive receives top honour
- WomenVenture Begins its Second Decade
- HAI expresses concerns about Ligado proposal
- South Carolina NG to help secure Mexican border
- Donaldson to develop AW169 IBF for Leonardo
- ASESA Selects Able as Exclusive Provider
- Meron Awarded Patent for Helicopter Transmission Test Rigs
- Macro Industries awarded $20M contract for V-22 single floor spares
- Hong Kong Government Flying Service receive first H175s
- PHI Announces Offering of Senior Secured Notes Due 2023