Vislink has won a major order from Motorola Solutions, Inc. to fulfill Motorola’s contract with the City of Chicago Office of Emergency Management and Communications (OEMC) to equip Chicago Fire and Police Department helicopters with airborne surveillance technology in advance of the city’s hosting of the Group of Eight (G8) and NATO Summits in May 2012.
Vislink will design the fully integrated airborne downlink system, supplying its high power HD/SD Kamelyon(TM) HDX-1100 digital aircraft transmitter and cockpit-mounted control panel units to provide a broad range of surveillance and first response capabilities.
The airborne units will transmit to four strategically located ground-based receiver sites providing city-wide coverage and the ability to simultaneously receive real-time images from two aircraft for viewing at the OEMC operations center. An additional three receive systems will be installed in the city’s mobile command vehicles to facilitate field operations.
In addition to the hardware, Motorola Solutions purchased a multiple-services package from Vislink that includes site survey, design, frequency coordination, engineering, fabrication, assembly, equipment integration, installation, testing and acceptance.
Vislink’s V-Net video surveillance technology provides first responders with mission critical imagery to support crisis management activities. By integrating microwave, cellular, and WiFi technologies, Vislink is able to collect video from airborne and ground-based sensors over disparate networks and distribute it directly to response personnel.
The sale represents a continuation of Vislink’s accelerating expansion into the global video surveillance market.
- Elbit Systems to Showcase a Modular Mission Helicopters Package
- New Trustee for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Helicentre Announces 2019 US FAA CPL(H) Scholarship
- ARSA Supports Effort to Increase Part 147 School Flexibility
- EASA go to AERO 2018 with vision for the future of GA
- Rheinmetall Group and Sikorsky will lead in-service support for the CH-53K
- DRF upgrades Christoph 47 base from BK117 to H145
- Western Australian Police start process to replace ageing BK117
- New operator launches in Fiji with a Bell 212
- Philippines National Police receives first of three Bell 429s
- Quantum3D Awarded Contract by AVC Defense
- First Utility H145 in US delivered to San Diego Gas & Electric
- SAFE Structure sells Nassau County Police with Bell 429 maintenance stands
- Safran signs by-the-hour support contracts with Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters and Rainier Heli International
- Lockheed Chairman, President and CEO receives 2018 Edison Achievement Award
- The Air Ambulance Service welcomes CQC report
- Leonardo demonstrates its AW159 to Malaysian Armed Forces
- ARA Flugrettung and ARBÖ present new helicopters and cooperation
- Russian Helicopters delivers two ship-based Ka-226T
- CHC Australia secures Search and Rescue Continuation with RAAF