After 9 years of helicopter service to the City of Fontana, California Aviation Services, Inc is expanding its flight school operation to include specialized police pilot helicopter training courses.
In 2003, Leo Bell (15 year police veteran and founder of California Aviation Services, Inc) entered into a contract with the City of Fontana Ca, to provide a complete aviation unit for helicopter police patrol. The original purpose was to have a 2 year program which would enable Fontana’s police department to learn helicopter operations, aircraft management, helicopter tactical operations, etc from the experienced group at California Aviation Services. The initial 2 year program was intended to end in 2005 with Fontana purchasing their own helicopter and starting on their own. However, the economical police helicopter contract was so successful the City of Fontana decided to keep Leo Bell’s police helicopter operation serving the city for an additional 7 years. In April 2012, California Aviation will relocate the police helicopter used for Fontana’s police department, back to its flight school operation in Riverside.
California Aviation Services will now place the fully equipped Robinson R-44II Police Helicopter into full-time service at the flight school in Riverside CA. The company has gained FAA Part 141 Approval for its Commercial Helicopter Pilot Courses and has a specialized “Police Helicopter Pilot Aircrew Course” that will be integrated into the program. The R-44 helicopter will be utilized by civilian as well as police pilot trainees along with an experienced flight instructor onboard.
The local communities will gain benefit from the success of the California Aviation and Fontana relationship over the years. The experienced staff at California Aviation Services will be instructing new pilots from throughout the country utilizing the aircraft formerly supplied to Fontana. The flights will be in coordination with several local police agencies allowing hands on police pilot experience for the pilot trainees. The communities and police departments will have the aircraft free of charge when students are conducting the training.
California Aviation Services, Inc is a leader in professional flight training and is one of very few law enforcement specialists in the helicopter industry. FAA approved flight training courses are offered in Riverside CA.
For additional information, visit the website at www.californiaaviationservices.com
- 06-Jun-13 N915BW Robinson R44 Los Angeles, US-California
- 03-Jun-13 61011 Robinson R44 Lantian County, China (2F)
- 03-Jun-13 Robinson R44 Grande Cache, Canada
- 02-Jun-13 N464E Robinson R44 Keystone Lake, US-Oklahoma
- 24-May-13 N569BC Robinson R44 Cross Timbers, US-Missouri (2F)
- Two R44s committed to fight against rhino poaching
- Helifilte WA Celeberates Five Years Of Operation
- Tour operator expands in Orange Beach with second heliport
- 08-May-13 HB-ZFO Robinson R44 Glärnischfirn, Switzerland
- Colorado Heli-Ops expands with two more helicopters
- Los Angeles Helicopters Expands Pilot Training to Rwanda Air
- Australia grounds R44s without bladder tanks
- 02-May-13 G-MRRY Robinson R44 Denham, UK
- 02-May-13 N442RN Robinson R44 Pomeroy, US-Washington
- EASA approves Aspen Avionics in Robinson R44
- Appeal made for Montreal R44 axe vandal
- EASA approves 31 more Lycoming engines for UL91 fuel
- 23-Apr-13 ZS-HLS Robinson R44 Schoemanskloof, South Africa (4F)
- 23-Apr-13 OO-PIV Robinson R44 Geel, Belgium
- New helicopter license at the age of 76