Eurocopter’s Mexican subsidiary, Eurocopter de MÃ©xico (EMSA), has delivered a single-engine AS350 B3 helicopter to EMSEGURIDAD-Q, Quito’s Metropolitan Public Security and Civic Engagement Logistics Agency. The aircraft will be used in law enforcement missions.
The handover ceremony took place in the Parque Lineal, in the Ecuadorian capital’s Solanda district, and was attended by EMSA representatives and senior officials from the Ecuadorian government, the Ministry of the Interior, the National Police Service and the Municipality of the Metropolitan District of Quito, of which EMSEGURIDAD-Q is a part.
The delivery of the AS350 B3, which is part of a contract signed by EMSA and EMSEGURIDAD-Q in March 2011, bolsters the agency’s resources devoted to maintaining public order and security in the city. The helicopter will be operated by the Ecuadorian National Police Service’s Air Support Unit, which has 14 years of experience in law enforcement operations and already has two AS350 B2s in its fleet.
Thanks to its speed of response and excellent visibility, the AS350 B3 is an extremely versatile helicopter capable of performing a wide variety of law enforcement missions, as well as search and rescue and medical evacuation services.
The AS350 B3 is perfectly suited to the heat and high altitude of Quito; the city is built on the slopes of the Pichincha volcano, whose peak is 4,798 meters above sea level. This member of the Ecureuil family proved itself by breaking the world altitude record in 2005, landing and taking off from the peak of Mount Everest, at an altitude of 8,848 meters. It also has the distinction of being the only aircraft to carry out a successful rescue operation at an altitude of 6,900 meters, winching a group of climbers to safety from Mount Annapurna in the Himalayas.
Powerful, safe and multi-functional, the AS350 B3 can also transport heavy loads, comes equipped with state-of-the-art technology and delivers the lowest direct operating costs of any helicopter on the single-engine market. Tremendously versatile and inexpensive to maintain, it is the popular choice for police and law enforcement operations in Latin America. This latest delivery takes the total number of AS350s in service in the region to 120, and to 559 around the world.
Established in 1992, the Franco-German-Spanish Eurocopter Group is a division of EADS, a world leader in aerospace and defense-related services. The Eurocopter Group employs approximately 20,000 people. In 2011, Eurocopter confirmed its position as the world’s number one helicopter manufacturer with a turnover of 5.4 billion Euros, orders for 457 new helicopters and a 43 percent market share in the civil and parapublic sectors. Overall, the Group’s helicopters account for 33 percent of the worldwide civil and parapublic fleet. Eurocopter’s strong international presence is ensured by its subsidiaries and participations in 21 countries. Eurocopter’s worldwide network of service centers, training facilities, distributors and certified agents supports some 2,900 customers. There are currently more than 11,300 Eurocopter helicopters in service in 149 countries. Eurocopter offers the most comprehensive civil and military helicopter range in the world and is fully committed to safety as the most important aspect of its business.
- Eurocopter to supply EC225 and AS350B3e to China’s State Grid General Aviation Company
- SHG receives its 70th Eurocopter
- New Helicopter Base in Valdosta Aimed at Saving Lives
- Sky Tech joins Turbomeca Certified Maintenance Center Network
- RSG delivers newly completed AS350B3e to Guatemala
- ANAC approves Dart’s full emergency litter kit for AS350/355
- 08-May-13 PT-HML Eurocopter AS350 Morro da Urca HP, Brazil
- 02-May-13 PP-EIH Eurocopter AS350BA Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- 02-May-13 N209LF Eurocopter EC130 Walnut Hill, US-Florida
- Regular sightseeing tours start in London
- Huntsville Hospital’s AS350 now carrying blood
- 30-Apr-13 C-FINX Eurocopter AS350BA Godbout, Canada
- Helibras selects Safran Engineering Services as system integrator
- 27-Apr-13 LN-OVO Eurocopter AS350B3 Roldal, Norway
- Metro Aviation delivers AS350 to EagleMed
- Nepal’s Fishtail Air adds an AS350B3+
- Brazil’s State of Pará orders two AS350B2
- Coast to Coast Helicopters adds two AS350B3e to Mustang fleet
- New AS350 for Castleview Hospital
- 09-Apr-13 C-GZBA Eurocopter AS350B3e Tenquille Lake, Canada