Night Flight Concepts (NFC) is pleased to announce that Tampa PD Aviation Unit, a long-time user of NFC NVG Maintenance Services, has procured new Laser Armor™ Light Interference Filters (LIF) to protect their NVGs from malicious laser strikes encountered by their pilots and aircrew members. The aviation unit is one of the first law enforcement agencies to take advantage of these new technology filters.
“The problem of laser strikes on law enforcement helicopters has been increasing dramatically for many years”, stated Sgt. William Shaw. “Having worked with Night Flight Concepts for many years prompted our quick action when the product became available. We knew we could expect an exceptional product that would deliver the results we need. The NVG filters add one more level of safety for our Aviation Units’ Pilots and Aircrew.”
“While it is true that NVGs offer protection against the potential harmful retinal burns that might be received, the filters enhance that capability by allowing the goggles to function normally by reducing the blooming effect significantly” stated Dr. Dudley consultant an expert in aerospace physiology. “We are pleased to extend the range of products and services provided to the Tampa PD and proud to have their continued support”, stated Adam Aldous, President of Night Flight Concepts.
About Night Flight Concepts (www.nightflightconcepts.com)
Night Flight Concepts (NFC) is a comprehensive night vision technology (NVT) provider specializing in night vision goggle (NVG) maintenance technician training, NVG service & maintenance repair, NVG pilot and crewmember flight training, and night vision program support for law enforcement agencies, air medical/rescue services, military organizations, and government task force agencies worldwide.
About Laser Armor™ (www.nightflightconcepts.com)
Night Flight Concepts has developed Laser Armor™ - Optical Systems for Aviation Laser Defense. Laser Armor products and services are designed to assist civil, government and industry aviation organizations worldwide increase laser strike readiness and prevent possible damage to personnel and equipment to improve safety and performance in night operations.
- HeliRussia – First Kamov Ka62 to fly by August
- HeliRussia – Transas Aviation to provide locally-made GPS for Bell 407, 429
- HeliRussia – Exclases Holdings signs for a GrandNew
- HeliRussia – Exclases signs for five AW139s
- HeliRussia – Russia-Peru certification agreement opens up opportunties for Helisur
- HeliRussia – Russian Helicopters signs agreement with PANH Helicopters
- HeliRussia – Bell expands in Russia
- Helipad in Woodruff to be Discussed Again
- Dart launches Rear Locker Extender for B206 and B407
- Bell-Boeing awarded $40M for long-lead V-22 components
- Night Flight Concepts Launches Industry Specific NVIS Solution Programs
- Kaweah Delta hosts helipad completion celebration
- Register Update – USA – week to 12 May 2013
- Breeze-Eastern to Design and Produce New Winch for MV-22
- RBC makes C$500K donation to STARS
- TAI shows R300 unmanned helicopter
- FLIR Systems awarded $81M US Army contract
- Royal Canadian Air Force begins TigerEx 2013
- Helmet saves Otago helicopter pilot’s life
- Pilot missing after Shandong helicopter hijacked by 20 men