Ceradyne, Inc. CRDN +0.84% announced it has received a $6.3 million ceramic armor order for various components on the Apache helicopter. Shipments will start in Q3 2012 and be completed early 2013.
David Reed, Ceradyne Vice President and President of North American Operations, commented: "We have been supplying ceramic armor for the Apache helicopter for over 25 years. We are pleased that our customer continues to select Ceradyne for this relatively large spares order."
About Ceradyne, Inc. Ceradyne develops, manufactures, and markets advanced technical ceramic products and components for defense, industrial, energy, automotive/diesel, and commercial applications.
In many high performance applications, products made of advanced technical ceramics meet specifications that similar products made of metals, plastics or traditional ceramics cannot achieve. Advanced technical ceramics can withstand extremely high temperatures, combine hardness with light weight, are highly resistant to corrosion and wear, and often have excellent electrical capabilities, special electronic properties and low friction characteristics. Additional information about the Company can be found at http://www.ceradyne.com .
Forward-Looking Statements Except for the historical information contained herein, this press release contains forward-looking statements regarding future events and the future performance of Ceradyne that involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected. Words such as "anticipates," "believes," "plans," "expects," "intends," "future," and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. These risks and uncertainties are described in the Company's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2011 and its Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q as filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- AAR Signs Partnering Agreement with Boeing to Support Royal Netherlands Air Force
- Boeing to Streamline Royal Netherlands Air Force Rotorcraft Maintenance
- Longbow LLC receives $90M contract for Saudi Apache Radar Systems
- UK Apache Hellfire missiles restocked in £15M deal
- Boeing awarded $18M contract modification for Apache long-lead parts
- Boeing awarded $26M contract for AH-64E training/support for Saudi Arabia
- Boeing awarded $36M Apache blade contract
- Boeing awarded $19M more for Apache support
- RAF Cosford Air Show Confirm Eye-Opening Helicopter Displays
- South Korea orders 36 AH-64E Apache Guardians
- 25th CAB named AAAA Outstanding Aviation Unit of the Year
- 09-Apr-12 Boeing AH-64 Pechigram district, Afghanistan (2F)
- 31-Jan-13 Boeing AH-64D Raleigh, US-North Carolina
- Lockheed Martin awarded $90M US Army Apache M-TADS/PNVS contract
- Boeing 10% headcount cut will not affect Mesa production
- Elbit awarded $17.5M Apache Mission Processor Redesign and Upgrade
- Cobham to supply OBIGGS Inerting Units for US Army Apache in $15M contract
- SPX Precision Corp awarded $21M for AH-64 rotor assembly work
- Timken awarded $16M for AH-64 tail rotor gearboxes
- Boeing-built US Army Apache fleet exceeds 3,500,000 flight hours