Helidax, a subsidiary of DCI and INAER, announces that it has exceeded 30,000 flight hours on EC120 Colibri aircraft, in less than 2 years of operation. Helidax is the first public-private partnership (PPP) launched by the French Ministry of Defense in 2008. This partnership concerns the supply of helicopter flight hours, for 22 years, to the Army's light aviation school (EA-ALAT) in Dax.
32 of the 36 Helidax aircraft are available to the trainees at the same time, every morning. In 2011, 100% of the school's requests were met. This remarkable availability level results from a partnership spirit driving the school and Helidax as well as the skills with which Helidax has endowed itself.
«It's a feat to have performed 30,000 flight hours in less than two years», declares Jean-Louis Rotrubin, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of DCI and Helidax. «We think that the success of Helidax can be an example for other national outsourcing ventures and also for future military or civilian foreign markets. »
The company was created in 1972 to assist military equipment sales to foreign countries. Its main mission consisted of providing operational training courses based on the know-how of the French Armed Forces. DCI is an upper medium size service provider in which the French government is the concurring shareholder. DCI now operates throughout the defense and security spectrum. Culturally close to the Ministry of Defense, DCI offers outsourcing services to foreign countries, for:
- consulting and assistance throughout the life cycle of armament programs,
- training engineering in the academic, operational and technical fields.
Lastly, DCI and its subsidiaries have been partners of the French Armed Forces for 10 years within the scope of service contracts and are endeavouring to extend their activities to European Union countries.
- Eurocopter UK reinforces its British private/VIP market leadership
- Cities formally dissolve ABLE helicopter program
- Baltimore Police reverse decision to mothball one of four EC120s
- New Cabin Comfort Window Option for EC120, EC130
- American Eurocopter is leader in law enforcement sales
- Eurocopter Canada adds new STC items for AS350, EC130 and EC120
- 03-Mar-13 OM-ECI Eurocopter EC120 Horný Čepeň, Slovak Republic (1F)
- Winnipeg Police responded to 3,445 incidents in 2012
- SaxonAir appoints new CEO
- Kitchener Aero STC’s Garmin G500H in EC120
- 05-Jan-13 Eurocopter EC120 Baltimore, US-Maryland
- Malaysian authorities had concerns with pilot’s documents before fatal crash
- UK – Oryx Jet adds helicopter capability
- 40,000 flight hour mark reached by Helidax
- 15-Sep-12 JA120H Eurocopter EC120 Kujukuri, Japan
- 09-Sep-12 D-HALX Eurocopter EC120 Metzingen, Germany (1F)
- Baltimore Police start operating new EC120 fleet
- Helibras delivers new EC120 and AS350B3e at LABACE 2012
- 20-Jul-12 N8899 Eurocopter EC120 Sri Aman, Malaysia (3F)
- York Regional Police extends EC120 pilot/maintenance contract