Sloane Helicopters are on the point of delivering another R66 to a UK customer, with last test flights being carried out last Friday, 2nd March. The helicopter will be based at Gloucestershire Airport in the west of England.
This delivery marks the seventh R66 in the UK, with an eighth due soon via the Robinson dealer in Belgium and a ninth from the factory in the next few weeks. Due to the hydraulics issue, and the consequential delay in EASA certification, all of these are operating on the FAA register. There are few other R66s in Europe, with one known in each of France, Germany and Spain.
Jeremy Parkin - HeliHub.com
- R66 lands at North Pole
- Helifilte WA Celeberates Five Years Of Operation
- Canadian R66 certification nears
- Frank Robinson to receive 2013 Guggenheim Medal
- First R66 delivered in Bangladesh
- ATP releases five new Robinson libraries
- Russia orders 47 Robinson R66s
- Russia certifies the Robinson R66
- Is EASA R66 debacle really Robinson’s fault?
- UK allows uncertified R66 to fly commercially
- 09-Mar-13 ZK-IHU Robinson R66 Oamaru Valley, New Zealand (1F)
- Sloane Helicopters encouraged with R66 development
- Aerobraze congratulates Robinson on R66 success
- Helitowcart launches dual wheels for R66 and R44
- R66 Floats and cargo hook are Robinson’s top priority
- Robinson 2012 production 45% up on 2011
- New Helicopter Service in Palau, Micronesia with R66
- Nigerian Air Force take delivery of first two R66s
- Kurt Robinson named to IHST Executive Committee
- Robinson doubles R66 production rate