British operator Starspeed is moving its base from Blackbushe to Fairoaks, nearly 15 miles closer to central London. The company only offers twin-engined helicopters, and apart from a single Sikorsky S76C++ flies a fleet of around ten Eurocopters which it manages on behalf of their owners. Some of these allow the company to charter them out commercially, others do not. The fleet includes AS355, AS365, EC135, EC145 and EC155 models
We understand that the fleet is moving to Fairoaks today - Monday 5th March - although a sneaky peek in the back door of their new hangar last Tuesday found an EC155 already present. Starspeed's helicopters will still frequent Blackbushe, as they will still be maintained by PremiAir there.
PremiAir used to be their landlords at Blackbushe with some office space in the PremiAir facility being sub-let to Starspeed, so the move not only means that Starspeed will have their own facility, but PremiAir will be a little short on rental income.
The company has a website at www.starspeed.co.uk and the Contacts page has been updated in the last couple of days to show the new address and phone numbers at Fairoaks. Starspeed has a second office at Kemble for training, including two Elite FNPT II helicopter simulators.
Starspeed traces its history back to the 1980s when it launched by David Voy with a single Bell LongRanger II from the famous Brooklands airfield, which traces its history back to the earliest days of aviation and motor racing in the UK pre-1910. HeliHub.com is based on the finishing straight of the old motor circuit here! (see also Brooklands Museum website for more information on the location)
HeliHub.com did contact Starspeed to ask for an interview on this story, but the message we left with one of their staff was not responded to.
Jeremy Parkin - HeliHub.com
- FLIR Systems wins $23M US Coast Guard order
- Avinco completes its third major transaction for CHC in 2013
- Multiflight provides AS365N2 cover for Yorkshire Air Ambulance
- 05-May-13 9M-DBH Eurocopter AS365N2 Sungai Besi, Malaysia
- West Michigan AirCare celebrates 20 years
- First landing made at new Frederick Memorial Hospital helipad
- 04-Oct-12 N646GE Eurocopter AS365N2 Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
- 28-Jun-12 TU-THO Eurocopter SA365C2 Beposo, Ghana
- 23-Jun-12 AMHP-151 Eurocopter AS565SB Tecalitlan, Mexico (4F)
- HÃ©li-Union inaugurates its 365N3/N3+ Dauphin Simulator
- 11-Apr-12 Eurocopter MH-65C Salinas, US-California
- Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie recognized for 50 years of Eurocopter operations
- Thales’s first Reality H simulator achieves dual qualification
- Multiflight helicopter operation continues to expand
- 28-Feb-12 6535 Eurocopter MH-65C Point Clear, US-Alabama (4F)
- 20-Feb-12 N82MD Eurocopter AS365N2 Harford County, US-Maryland
- Eurocopter South East Asia designated as Dauphin Asia Pacific training and MRO hub
- 16-Feb-12 N63CF Eurocopter AS365N Dayton, US-Ohio
- UK: Memorial unveiled for victims of Morecambe Bay crash
- Eurocopter sales up 12% in 2011 and 111 more helicopters sold than 2010