Cobham Aviation Services is delighted to confirm that FB Heliservices has announced it has been awarded a four (4) year contract plus two (2) possible one year extensions by the UK Ministry of Defence to continue to provide helicopter flying training at RAF Shawbury, RAF Valley and AAC Middle Wallop, together with support services at RAF Shawbury and AAC Middle Wallop. The contract is worth Â£193 million and will commence on 1 April 2012.
The contract represents a continuation of the existing Defence Helicopter Flying School and support services contract, which has been so successfully undertaken by FBS Limited and FB Heliservices Limited for the past fifteen (15) years. Helicopter flying training will continue to be delivered utilising the existing 34x AS350BB Squirrel and 11x Griffin Bell 412EP helicopters, albeit upgraded to include new technology and to increase training capability.
FB Heliservices Managing Director, Peter Richardson said â€œI am delighted that FB Heliservices has been awarded a new contract to continue with the Defence Helicopter Flying School and support services requirements for the UK Ministry of Defence which I believe recognises our success in working with and supporting the UK Ministry of Defence during the last 15 yearsâ€. FB Heliservices has a very strong track record under long term performance based contracts supporting the UK Ministry of Defence, and Peter Richardson added â€œThis contract allows us to continue to work in close partnership with the UK Ministry of Defence and the Defence Helicopter Flying School to deliver military helicopter aircrew training which is seen as best in class worldwide.â€
FB Heliservices Limited is a joint venture company jointly owned by Bristow Helicopters and Cobham Aviation Services and specialises in the provision of helicopters, including operational support and training services, to military and government agencies in the UK and worldwide. Comprehensive information on the range of helicopter services provided by FB Heliservices Limited can be obtained from the website www.fbheliservices.com
- Helinet to install microwave downlink on Suffolk County AS350s
- Ohio State Highway Patrol orders first US-built H125 AStar
- 14-Jul-15 HB-ZIS Airbus AS350B3 Guggigletscher, Switzerland (1F)
- 12-Jul-15 N498PT Airbus AS350B Bridgeport, US-California
- 10-Jul-15 N572AM Airbus AS350B2 Tallahassee, US-Florida
- 03-Jul-15 N390LG Airbus AS350B3e Frisco, US-Colorado (1F)
- 03-Jul-15 N974BR Airbus EC130 Somerset, US-Colorado
- 30-Jun-15 C-GXLD Airbus AS350B2 Fort Simpson, Canada
- 29-Jun-15 CS-HMH Airbus AS350B3 Lamoso, Portugal
- FAA approves Pall PA100 PureAir system for H125/AS350/EC130
- VIH Aerospace Delivers Upgraded AS350 to Helimax Aviation
- VIH Aerospace Delivers Rejuvenated Bell 205 to HeliMax Aviation
- Palmerston North Rescue upgrades from AS350FX2 to BK117
- 08-Jun-15 DQ-IHI Airbus AS350B2 Beqa Island, Fiji
- Maxcraft Avionics Announces new FAA STC for the Mid-Continent MD302 SAM in Airbus Helicopters (Eurocopter)
- 30-May-15 5Y-GYM Airbus EC130 Kinangop, Kenya
- 20-May-15 PR-POL Airbus AS350B2 Ibateguara, Brazil
- EagleMed Begins Air Medical Service in Salida, Colo.
- Ohio Highway Patrol to buy third helicopter
- 04-May-15 N504WD Airbus AS350BA Hamilton, US-Montana