Cobham Aviation Services is delighted to confirm that FB Heliservices has announced it has been awarded a four (4) year contract plus two (2) possible one year extensions by the UK Ministry of Defence to continue to provide helicopter flying training at RAF Shawbury, RAF Valley and AAC Middle Wallop, together with support services at RAF Shawbury and AAC Middle Wallop. The contract is worth £193 million and will commence on 1 April 2012.
The contract represents a continuation of the existing Defence Helicopter Flying School and support services contract, which has been so successfully undertaken by FBS Limited and FB Heliservices Limited for the past fifteen (15) years. Helicopter flying training will continue to be delivered utilising the existing 34x AS350BB Squirrel and 11x Griffin Bell 412EP helicopters, albeit upgraded to include new technology and to increase training capability.
FB Heliservices Managing Director, Peter Richardson said “I am delighted that FB Heliservices has been awarded a new contract to continue with the Defence Helicopter Flying School and support services requirements for the UK Ministry of Defence which I believe recognises our success in working with and supporting the UK Ministry of Defence during the last 15 years”. FB Heliservices has a very strong track record under long term performance based contracts supporting the UK Ministry of Defence, and Peter Richardson added “This contract allows us to continue to work in close partnership with the UK Ministry of Defence and the Defence Helicopter Flying School to deliver military helicopter aircrew training which is seen as best in class worldwide.”
FB Heliservices Limited is a joint venture company jointly owned by Bristow Helicopters and Cobham Aviation Services and specialises in the provision of helicopters, including operational support and training services, to military and government agencies in the UK and worldwide. Comprehensive information on the range of helicopter services provided by FB Heliservices Limited can be obtained from the website www.fbheliservices.com
- 27-Jul-14 I-LUPU Eurocopter AS350B3 Varco Sabino, Italy (2F)
- 23-Jul-14 C-GTEQ Airbus AS350B3 Points North Landing, Canada
- Thales Helicopter Training Centre receives EASA qualification and starts operations
- Metro Aviation features Texas DPS completion at ALEA event
- 18-Jul-14 N197BH Eurocopter AS350B2 Kapalua, US-Hawaii
- Airbus Helicopters promote in-house 12-year inspections
- Airbus feature new Oklahoma AS350B3e at ALEA conference
- Airbus Helicopters Inc. announces new financing plans for government owned AS350s
- Three Chinese operators order 123 Airbus helicopters over 5 years
- First EC130T2 delivered into Canadian market
- World Cup – Helisul flies aerial cameras with AS350 fleet
- Brazil – Helibrás delivers three AS350B2s to the State of Pará
- 03-Jul-14 N832PA Airbus AS350B3 Winnemucca, US-Nevada
- 28-Jun-14 N567NA Eurocopter AS350B2 Chisik Island, US-Alaska
- 29-Jun-14 N350CR Eurocopter AS350B2 Dietrich, US-Idaho
- Philadelphia Police add AS350B2
- Aerial Power Lines add AS350B3e and EC135T2e for Malaysian power grid ops
- 27-Jun-14 N69PJ Eurocopter AS350 Mayhill, US-New Mexico
- 26-Jun-14 N808LF Eurocopter AS350B3 Temple, US-Texas
- Mid Atlantic Sim Center in Iceland and Indra sign an agreement for AS350 Simulator.