Cobham Aviation Services is delighted to confirm that FB Heliservices has announced it has been awarded a four (4) year contract plus two (2) possible one year extensions by the UK Ministry of Defence to continue to provide helicopter flying training at RAF Shawbury, RAF Valley and AAC Middle Wallop, together with support services at RAF Shawbury and AAC Middle Wallop. The contract is worth Â£193 million and will commence on 1 April 2012.
The contract represents a continuation of the existing Defence Helicopter Flying School and support services contract, which has been so successfully undertaken by FBS Limited and FB Heliservices Limited for the past fifteen (15) years. Helicopter flying training will continue to be delivered utilising the existing 34x AS350BB Squirrel and 11x Griffin Bell 412EP helicopters, albeit upgraded to include new technology and to increase training capability.
FB Heliservices Managing Director, Peter Richardson said â€œI am delighted that FB Heliservices has been awarded a new contract to continue with the Defence Helicopter Flying School and support services requirements for the UK Ministry of Defence which I believe recognises our success in working with and supporting the UK Ministry of Defence during the last 15 yearsâ€. FB Heliservices has a very strong track record under long term performance based contracts supporting the UK Ministry of Defence, and Peter Richardson added â€œThis contract allows us to continue to work in close partnership with the UK Ministry of Defence and the Defence Helicopter Flying School to deliver military helicopter aircrew training which is seen as best in class worldwide.â€
FB Heliservices Limited is a joint venture company jointly owned by Bristow Helicopters and Cobham Aviation Services and specialises in the provision of helicopters, including operational support and training services, to military and government agencies in the UK and worldwide. Comprehensive information on the range of helicopter services provided by FB Heliservices Limited can be obtained from the website www.fbheliservices.com
- Airbus Helicopters Canada Delivers AS355to Hydro One Inc.
- EASA approves Airbus Helicopters training and support in China
- Riverside County to order two AS350B3
- 50,000 trainees in 50 years: Airbus Helicopters Training Services reaffirms its commitment to safety
- Oklahoma City Police put two new AS350B3e AStars into service
- Medical copter service returning to Green Valley area
- 20-Nov-14 RA-04032 Airbus AS350B3 Mikhalchikovo, Russia (5F)
- EagleMed Commences in Montana
- 13-Nov-14 N425U Eurocopter AS350BA Panguitch, US-Utah
- Sundance Helicopters Debuts New Website
- Clever Refinements for AS350/355 Aircraft
- 27-Oct-14 N5204X Airbus AS350B2 Bisbee, US-Arizona
- 25-Oct-14 N108LN Airbus AS350B3 Denver, US-Colorado
- Airbus Helicopters showcases AS350B3e for law enforcement at IACP 2014
- 24-Oct-14 I-DUEK Airbus AS350B3 Trodena, Italy
- Aeronautical Accessories to distribute Helitowcart BearPaws for Robinson and Airbus models
- 17-Oct-14 N852BP Eurocopter AS350B3 Lordsburg, US-New Mexico
- 21-Oct-14 N145PR Eurocopter EC130 Pasadena, US-Texas
- RUAG Aviation upgrade improves safety and comfort of AS350
- 10-Oct-14 N229LA Eurocopter AS350B2 Los Angeles, US-California