Cobham Aviation Services is delighted to confirm that FB Heliservices has announced it has been awarded a four (4) year contract plus two (2) possible one year extensions by the UK Ministry of Defence to continue to provide helicopter flying training at RAF Shawbury, RAF Valley and AAC Middle Wallop, together with support services at RAF Shawbury and AAC Middle Wallop. The contract is worth Â£193 million and will commence on 1 April 2012.
The contract represents a continuation of the existing Defence Helicopter Flying School and support services contract, which has been so successfully undertaken by FBS Limited and FB Heliservices Limited for the past fifteen (15) years. Helicopter flying training will continue to be delivered utilising the existing 34x AS350BB Squirrel and 11x Griffin Bell 412EP helicopters, albeit upgraded to include new technology and to increase training capability.
FB Heliservices Managing Director, Peter Richardson said â€œI am delighted that FB Heliservices has been awarded a new contract to continue with the Defence Helicopter Flying School and support services requirements for the UK Ministry of Defence which I believe recognises our success in working with and supporting the UK Ministry of Defence during the last 15 yearsâ€. FB Heliservices has a very strong track record under long term performance based contracts supporting the UK Ministry of Defence, and Peter Richardson added â€œThis contract allows us to continue to work in close partnership with the UK Ministry of Defence and the Defence Helicopter Flying School to deliver military helicopter aircrew training which is seen as best in class worldwide.â€
FB Heliservices Limited is a joint venture company jointly owned by Bristow Helicopters and Cobham Aviation Services and specialises in the provision of helicopters, including operational support and training services, to military and government agencies in the UK and worldwide. Comprehensive information on the range of helicopter services provided by FB Heliservices Limited can be obtained from the website www.fbheliservices.com
- FAA approves Pall PA100 PureAir system for H125/AS350/EC130
- VIH Aerospace Delivers Upgraded AS350 to Helimax Aviation
- VIH Aerospace Delivers Rejuvenated Bell 205 to HeliMax Aviation
- Palmerston North Rescue upgrades from AS350FX2 to BK117
- 08-Jun-15 DQ-IHI Airbus AS350B2 Beqa Island, Fiji
- Maxcraft Avionics Announces new FAA STC for the Mid-Continent MD302 SAM in Airbus Helicopters (Eurocopter)
- 20-May-15 PR-POL Airbus AS350B2 Ibateguara, Brazil
- EagleMed Begins Air Medical Service in Salida, Colo.
- Ohio Highway Patrol to buy third helicopter
- 04-May-15 N504WD Airbus AS350BA Hamilton, US-Montana
- Airbus Foundation Coordinates Relief Flight To Nepal
- 29-Apr-15 Airbus AS350B Langtang Valley, Nepal (1F)
- City of Perth approves floating helipads trial on Swan River
- India – Heritage Aviation acquires two H125 helicopters
- 16-Apr-15 N111FN Airbus AS350B2 Van Nuys, US-California
- 09-Apr-15 ZS-HTS Airbus AS350B3 Mazabuka, Zambia (1F)
- Palmerston North Rescue upgrades from AS350 to BK117
- Californian Highway Patrol picks Trakka A800 searchlight for AS350 fleet
- The Airbus Helicopters Foundation provides aid in Vanuatu following Tropical Cyclone Pam
- 02-Apr-15 N5204G Airbus AS350B2 Tomball, US-Texas