NHIndustries is pleased to announce that Norway has preselected the NH90 helicopter for the ongoing NAWSARH (Norwegian All Weather Search And Rescue Helicopter) competition aiming at replacing Search and Rescue helicopters operated by the RnoAF 330 th Squadron.
“We are proud and honored to have been pre selected by the norwegian Ministry of Justice for the NAWSARH competition, we strongly believe the NH90, embedding state of the art technologies is providing the operators the best solution to perform the future Search and Rescue missions in the most demanding conditions” explains Michel Polychroniadis head of NHIndustries.
The NH90 offered to Norway for the NAWSARH competition is the optimal platform for the Norwegian Rescue service since it is able to operate in the harshest weather conditions to perform Search and Rescue, Air Ambulance, Disaster Relief and special operations support missions.
This new generation helicopter will be equipped with state of the art sensors for a good situation awareness in order to quickly locate and rescue people needing immediate assistance.
The wide unobstructed cabin of the NH90 will be fitted with a complete medical care suite in order to take care of injured persons in flight.
The NH90 is particularly suited to operate in the most demanding conditions like those encountered in Norway since it features a full composite corrosion free airframe, redundant flyby wire controls for increased flight safety along with state of the art sensors and communications systems. The critical parts of the helicopter such as the rotor blades, and air intakes are protected in order to operate in icing conditions.
“NHI is commited to provide the Norwegian MoJ with the best helicopter in terms of performance and safety” explains Julien Negrel Business Director of NHI.
The NH90 already had the opportunity to demonstrate its outstanding SAR capabilities in France when the French Navy rescued 19 people aboard the disabled ship TK Bremen off the coast of France’s region of Brittany.
- Eurocopter opens its Systemhaus helicopter development center
- Australia given an extra NH90 free to make up for delays
- Italian Army Takes Delivery of Its First NH90 TTH
- Fokker delivers first standard parts for NH90
- Belgian NH90 NFH makes first flight
- Sogitec to supply Finnish Army Aviation NH90 training device
- French Army formally adopt NH90 Caiman
- AgustaWestland at Aero India 2013
- Eurocopter CEO sees German defence deal within months
- First NH-90 heads for duty off Somalia
- First flight of an NH90 assembled by Eurocopter Spain
- Eurocopter hands over NH90s to Belgium and France
- Norway ramps up pressure over NH90 delays
- Second NH90 NFH delivered to Norway
- Germany commits Tigers and NH90s to Afghanistan
- French Navy awards support contract for NH90 FLASH sonars
- Eurocopter’s to showcase Naval and Maritime helicopters at Euronaval 2012
- First flight of Belgian NH90 TTH
- King Juan Carlos I flies in Spanish NH90
- Eurocopter kicks off the ILA Berlin Air Show