Spidertracks is the preferred aircraft tracking system for three major helicopter tour operators in Las Vegas. Spidertracks has announced that Sundance, Papillon and HeliUSA, are now tracking their helicopters with spidertracks – portable, and simple, Iridium tracking units – when flying around Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon.
Sundance Helicopters have been a customer of spidertracks for over four years. Papillon Helicopters signed on over a year ago, and at the 2012 HAI Heli-Expo [February 12 – 14, in Dallas], spidertracks signed HeliUSA. Spidertracks systems offer tour operators: automatic flight following (AFF), real-time situational awareness, geofence capabilities, automatically programmed two-way notification messaging for take off and landing, two way SMS messaging using Bluetooth enabled units, and the ability to send texts or emails via satellite from beyond mobile or radio coverage.
As three of the main tour operators in Las Vegas, Sundance, Papillon and HeliUSA transport a combined customer base of close to one million people annually, with many tours into the heart of the Grand Canyon. This terrain can be problematic for many cellphone based tracking systems, but with spidertracks the pilots can be monitored by their operations base, anywhere in the world.
Long time customer of spidertracks, Kurt Barton – Director of Operations for Sundance Helicopters - acknowledges the importance of spidertracks units to their tour operations. “The flexibility to change the tracking rate for different missions is great as well as the ability to track from anywhere and the peace of mind that offers is invaluable. As far as I’m concerned spidertracks is the best on the market”
Spidertracks Operations Manager, James McCarthy, is optimistic about spidertracks’ increased presence in this industry, and is looking forward to becoming more involved in with tour operators in the US and abroad.
“Sundance and Papillon are major customers of ours and with the addition of HeliUSA this year, it demonstrates the value of reliable tracking in the tour operators industry. It’s an exciting time for us and we’re looking forward to working more closely with operators in this sector” Spidertracks has been in operation since 2007 and has quickly developed into a respected and reliable satellite-tracking provider, supplying global tracking solutions in over 60 countries.
Spidertracks is an integrated GPS/satellite tracking system, launched in 2007 to fill the gap left by cell phone based tracking systems. Spidertracks partnered with Iridium, the world’s most comprehensive satellite network, to ensure clients the highest level of system integrity with complete global coverage. Spiders are developed and manufactured in New Zealand to uncompromising standards. The portable, reliable and cost-effective systems have been sold to clients in more than 60 countries. They provide accurate flight, marine and vehicle tracking to ensure the safety of operators and the increase in productivity of businesses through improved tracking and fleet awareness.
- Helipartner Thailand orders 10 Eurocopter AS350B3e to lease out
- Eurocopter EC175 certification slips by six months to “early 2014″
- UK – MBE for AW101 Merlin pilot
- Budget pressures for Flagler County’s Fire Flight AS350
- NRC continues to search for low lead aviation fuel alternatives
- Cassidian’s obstacle warning system certified for NH90
- Selex ES HF communication systems get onboard V-22
- AW189 enters full scale production
- Astronics extends supply agreement with Rockwell Collins
- AAR Signs Partnering Agreement with Boeing to Support Royal Netherlands Air Force
- Ka-52 makes successful demonstration flight at Le Bourget
- Turbomeca extends certification of COHC as a Certified Maintenance Center
- Metro Aviation hosts first Turbomeca training class
- Arizona and Helicopter Industry to be Represented by John Stonecipher of Guidance Aviation
- Carson Helicopters cited for for exposing workers to chemical hazards
- Värmland’s EMS helicopter goes to Karlstad
- American Eurocopter awards scholarships for air safety training
- L-3 Wescam launches two new products at Paris
- Ducommun receives Flow-on Black Hawk contract
- North American and European customers signed for Turbomeca’s online BOOST service