NSW Police have hosted a Helicopter Tactical Training Course, presented by a world-class tactical flight officer.
The three-day ‘Kevin Means: Tactical Flying’ course was held in Parramatta between Monday (5 March 2012) and Wednesday (7 March 2012) and attended by Aviation Support Units from police forces across Australia.
Kevin Means is regarded as the world’s leading airborne law enforcement trainer and this is the world’s leading course on Airborne Police Patrol Tactics.
The tactical flying course enhances the skills of fixed wing and helicopter air crews, their Commanders and support staff, including communications, dog units, highway patrol, public order units and water police, who all play a large part in the success of any airborne law enforcement mission.
Aviation Support Branch Commander, Superintendent Mark Noakes, said the course was a great opportunity for police to increase the effectiveness of law enforcement aircraft in Australia.
“Kevin Means has flown more than 12,000 hours over the last 20 years as a pilot and tactical flight officer with the San Diego Police,” said Supt Noakes.
“This course gives us an opportunity to learn from his experience and expertise to equip our officers with the techniques to best use the latest technology.
“It was also a chance to network with police air support units across Australia and improve inter-operability during high-profile events.
“We are excited to put the new skills and techniques into practice within the NSW Police Aviation Support Branch and maximise the capabilities of PolAir,” Supt Noakes said.
- HeliRussia – First Kamov Ka62 to fly by August
- HeliRussia – Transas Aviation to provide locally-made GPS for Bell 407, 429
- HeliRussia – Exclases Holdings signs for a GrandNew
- HeliRussia – Exclases signs for five AW139s
- HeliRussia – Russia-Peru certification agreement opens up opportunties for Helisur
- HeliRussia – Russian Helicopters signs agreement with PANH Helicopters
- HeliRussia – Bell expands in Russia
- Helipad in Woodruff to be Discussed Again
- Dart launches Rear Locker Extender for B206 and B407
- Bell-Boeing awarded $40M for long-lead V-22 components
- Night Flight Concepts Launches Industry Specific NVIS Solution Programs
- Kaweah Delta hosts helipad completion celebration
- Register Update – USA – week to 12 May 2013
- Breeze-Eastern to Design and Produce New Winch for MV-22
- RBC makes C$500K donation to STARS
- TAI shows R300 unmanned helicopter
- FLIR Systems awarded $81M US Army contract
- Royal Canadian Air Force begins TigerEx 2013
- Helmet saves Otago helicopter pilot’s life
- Pilot missing after Shandong helicopter hijacked by 20 men