DART Helicopter Services (DHS) is pleased to announce Transport Canada, FAA, and EASA approval (Brazilian & Japanese approval for 206L and 407 Series) of DART Aerospace Ltd.’s (DAS) Lightweight Bearpaws for Bell 206L and 407 Series and 429 aircraft.
DART has developed a new lightweight UHMW Bearpaw that has a larger footprint for additional support in soft terrain. However weight savings has not come with a sacrifice in performance.
The new lightweight DART Bearpaw still features a one-piece construction that ensures consistent and deliberate load transfer. The material resists cracking, chipping and breaking and is flexible so it can deflect under high-point contact loads and has memory that allows it return to its original shape after take-off.
For superior anti-slip and wear protection, the new lightweight Bearpaws include tungsten carbide welded wearplates and wear bars.
- 15% reduced weight to area ratio compared to traditional UHMW Bearpaws of equivalent footprint
- 40% larger footprint than other available Bearpaws
- Includes Tungsten carbide welded wearplates and wear bars for anti-slip/wear protection
- Easy installation
- High strength polymer with memory, deflects under critical point loading without failure and returns to original shape when unloaded
“DAS recognized that weight concerns continue to be a major concern for helicopter operators. To address this concern and better support our customers, we developed the new lightweight Bearpaws,” said Bill Beckett, DART VP Canadian Operations.
DART Helicopter Services LLC. is a privately held Sales, Marketing and Manufacturing Company whose primary focus is developing innovative STCd products and creating sales networks for aerospace manufacturers who are looking to benefit from DART's global marketing network and sales channel. DART is the logical choice for rotary-wing operators who are seeking a supplier with a comprehensive product line and superior customer support.
DART'S subsidiary and affiliated companies own over 600 STCs and manufacture over 1,200 products. With its highly trained and knowledgeable North American and International sales team, DART Helicopter Services distributes more than 3,500 aftermarket products to over 120 countries worldwide.
- Bell announces foreign approval of seven Aeronautical Accessories products
- Tanzania Approves Starlite’s Air Service Licence
- Maricopa County Sheriff chooses FlightSafety for B407 training
- Aeronautical Accessories adds new Bell 407 Items
- 30-May-13 N407HC Bell 407 Columbia, US-Maryland
- Iraqi Army receives last of 24 Bell 407s
- HeliRussia – Transas Aviation to provide locally-made GPS for Bell 407, 429
- Dart launches Rear Locker Extender for B206 and B407
- Bell showcases versatile aircraft at AeroExpo 2013
- 25-Apr-13 N937GR Bell 407 Mount Aeneas, US-Montana
- 18-Apr-13 N495AE Bell 407 Waco, US-Texas
- 15-Apr-13 N408GA Bell 407 New River, US-Arizona
- Hawker Pacific announces Queensland Bell 407 sale
- New Mercy Air Med helicopter is in service
- More STC Approvals for Latitude’s SkyNode Satcom and IONode FDM Systems
- Northrop Grumman to Produce More MQ-8C Fire Scouts for US Navy
- Bell booked 50 orders at Heli-Expo 2013
- Honeywell HTS900 powered Eagle 407HP Begins Flight Testing
- Bell and Air Medical Holdings Group Reach Landmark Deal for 30 Helicopters
- 03-Mar-13 N911LL Bell 407 Scottsbluff, US-Nebraska