Eurocopter India, a subsidiary of Eurocopter, announced its first bookings in India for 2012. Comprising light and medium class helicopters, the bookings included an AS350 B3e, an EC135 and an EC155. Signed against the backdrop of India Aviation 2012 in Hyderabad, these helicopters will be delivered in corporate configuration within this year.
With four out of five units delivered last year in India being Eurocopter’s AS350 B3, Eurocopter’s stronghold in the single-engine helicopter market looks set to continue its dominance, with its first booking of 2012 being another AS350 B3e sold to G.R. Constructions for business aviation use. Already the best-seller in India thanks to its state-of-the-art technology and low operating costs, the AS350 B3e is the latest enhanced version from Eurocopter’s Ecureuil family of helicopters.
Eurocopter India also signed agreements with two undisclosed customers for an EC135 and an EC155, both of which will also be used for corporate travel. The two twin-engine aircraft are known to offer very comfortable rides and enjoy particular success in passenger transport and business aviation. In corporate configuration, the EC135 can seat up to six passengers while the EC155 can take up to nine passengers comfortably.
“Business aviation is one of the key segments that is driving the growth of the helicopter market in India,” noted Eurocopter India CEO, Xavier Hay. “These bookings mark a good start to the year. We will continue to work on developing other segments as well, such as emergency medical services, law enforcement, utility and aerial work.”
He added, “Expanding our services network also remains a priority so that we can provide full support to our customers across India. All these efforts will be ensured by our in-country presence and co-operations sealed with local partners. Our ultimate aim is to help create a robust aviation industry in this country.”
Eurocopter India maintained its leadership position in terms of deliveries with 65% market share in 2011. It delivered a total of nine aircraft, which included the delivery of the 10th and final AS365 N3 Dauphin to Pawan Hans Helicopter in a deal signed in March 2010.
- FLIR Systems wins $23M US Coast Guard order
- Avinco completes its third major transaction for CHC in 2013
- Multiflight provides AS365N2 cover for Yorkshire Air Ambulance
- 05-May-13 9M-DBH Eurocopter AS365N2 Sungai Besi, Malaysia
- 24-Apr-13 PP-ELB Eurocopter AS365N1 Santos Dumont, Brazil
- West Michigan AirCare celebrates 20 years
- First landing made at new Frederick Memorial Hospital helipad
- 04-Oct-12 N646GE Eurocopter AS365N2 Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
- 28-Jun-12 TU-THO Eurocopter SA365C2 Beposo, Ghana
- 23-Jun-12 AMHP-151 Eurocopter AS565SB Tecalitlan, Mexico (4F)
- HÃ©li-Union inaugurates its 365N3/N3+ Dauphin Simulator
- 11-Apr-12 Eurocopter MH-65C Salinas, US-California
- Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie recognized for 50 years of Eurocopter operations
- Thales’s first Reality H simulator achieves dual qualification
- Multiflight helicopter operation continues to expand
- UK – Starspeed moves base from Blackbushe to Fairoaks
- 28-Feb-12 6535 Eurocopter MH-65C Point Clear, US-Alabama (4F)
- 20-Feb-12 N82MD Eurocopter AS365N2 Harford County, US-Maryland
- Eurocopter South East Asia designated as Dauphin Asia Pacific training and MRO hub
- 16-Feb-12 N63CF Eurocopter AS365N Dayton, US-Ohio