L-3 WESCAM announced that it has received an order from CHC Ireland Ltd to provide MX™-15 electro-optical and infrared (EO/IR) imaging systems for installation on S-92® search and rescue (SAR) aircraft. Installation of the turrets will be completed by Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation and deployed to Ireland in support of the Irish Coast Guard’s fleet replacement program. The newly equipped S-92s will be utilized for SAR missions and operate from bases located near Shannon, Dublin, Waterford and Sligo, Ireland. The first system was delivered in January and remaining systems are scheduled to be delivered during 2013.
“This order pairs the most modern SAR helicopter with the most advanced EO/IR sensor to provide a vital capability for lifesaving missions,” said Paul Jennison, vice president of government sales and business development for L-3 WESCAM. “We are proud to be selected as a key contributor to the fleet replacement program and are looking forward to a long and successful partnership with the Irish Coast Guard, CHC Ireland and Sikorsky.”
“We are committed to providing a fully modernised, world-class search and rescue service for Ireland,” said Mark Kelly, managing director for CHC Ireland. “The roll-out of the MX-15i marks another step in the continued programme of investment we are making to ensure our crews are best equipped to continue the lifesaving work they carry out on a daily basis.”
L-3 WESCAM’s MX-15i will provide the Irish Coast Guard with the most technologically advanced multi-sensor EO/IR imaging capability available. The system has been engineered as a one-line replacement unit solution, which reduces installation weight by 25 percent and increases much-needed cabin space for transporting rescue victims. The system’s digital IR camera is capable of a 20 percent increase in visual range, allowing missions at night or in inclement weather to result in a higher search success rate. In addition, the system comes with WESCAM’s MX-GEO Gen. 3 package, which incorporates GEO-Scan, Automated Video/GEO-Tracking and Adaptive-GEO technologies. Together, this software suite helps deliver maximum geographic location accuracy and significantly reduces operator fatigue that often arises in demanding and stressful SAR operations.
Maintenance of the MX-15i systems will be performed in the U.K. at one of L-3 WESCAM’s authorised service centers.
L-3 WESCAM is a world leader in the design and manufacture of stabilized, multi-spectral airborne imaging systems. To learn more about L-3 WESCAM, please visit the company’s website at www.wescam.com.
- Sikorsky to convert Brunei Shell S-92 for SAR work
- Bristow bring S92s to Sumburgh for start of “Gap SAR”
- Bristow holds PR exercise at Humberside for new SAR base
- Bond Offshore Helicopters signs new contract with ADTI
- Turkish National Police orders two VVIP S92s
- FAA approves Rig Approach system for S92
- Canada spent $700,000 to undo renovations for delayed helicopter
- Bond signs 10 year S92 contract with EnQuest
- Sikorsky Establishes Forward Stocking Location Facility in Brazil
- Bond Offshore Helicopters signs new contract with Premier Oil
- Official – Bristow win UK SAR with ten S92s and ten AW189s
- Reports…. Bristow win UK SAR contract worth £3 Billion
- Global S-92 fleet passes 500,000 hours
- Sikorsky Announces Sale of 30 Helicopters to Milestone Aviation Group
- Bristow renews Total Assurance Program for offshore S92 fleet
- 03-Mar-13 MOI-12 Sikorsky S92 Riyadh, Saudi Arabia (1F)
- Second S92 arrives UK for Bristow “Gap SAR” contract
- 18-Feb-13 Sikorsky S92 North Sea, UK
- Norsk Helikopterservice receives first S-92
- 06-Feb-12 G-WNSH Sikorsky S92 North Sea, UK