National Airways Corporation became a Robinson dealer in 1990 and was instrumental in bringing Robinson helicopters to South Africa. One of the first appointed dealers in the region, NAC took delivery of their first R22 in late 1990. Twenty one years later, NAC has proven to be an integral member of the Robinson dealer network.
NAC has successfully delivered over 275 Robinson Helicopters including the R22 Beta, Beta II, R44 Astro, Raven I and Raven II as well as the recently certified R66 which has a RR300 turbine engine, a fifth seat and spacious baggage compartment. Deliveries have also been made to other countries in Africa such as Rwanda, Namibia and Botswana, to name but a few.
Some of these highlights and milestones include:
In 2003, NAC was delighted to deliver the 5000th Robinson Helicopter, an R44 Raven II, S/N 10171, to a South African customer. These exceptional aircraft incorporate reliability, easy maintenance and low operating cost, making Robinson Helicopter the choice of private and commercial operators all over the world. They are also the preferred trainer at NAC’s flight training schools in South Africa.
In 2006, NAC concluded the sale of another new Raven II helicopter to a local customer. This particular sale is of significance in that it is the 100th Raven II to be sold by NAC since the first delivery occurred in South Africa in 2003. These numbers highlight the popularity of the increased performance that the Raven II delivers.
In 2011, NAC concluded the sale of the 100th R66 to roll off Robinson’s production line, only one year and two months after the R66 Turbine received FAA certification. The 5-place R66 is Robinson’s largest and most powerful helicopter. The idea, conceived more than a decade ago, was to produce a reasonably priced, low maintenance, high performance turbine helicopter that would fill the emerging void in the turbine helicopter market. As the R66 market expands, Robinson will continue to develop new options, including a police version, a float version and an external cargo hook.
Just as the Robinson Helicopter products have revolutionised the aviation industry for 38 years, so has NAC created, raised and met the expectations of the industry’s customers throughout its ever-growing sphere of operations. The partnership between Robinson Helicopter Company and NAC has grown in strength and importance to both companies over the past 21 years as a natural extension of their shared values, especially with respect to professionalism and customer service excellence.
- R66 lands at North Pole
- Helifilte WA Celeberates Five Years Of Operation
- Canadian R66 certification nears
- Frank Robinson to receive 2013 Guggenheim Medal
- First R66 delivered in Bangladesh
- ATP releases five new Robinson libraries
- Russia orders 47 Robinson R66s
- Russia certifies the Robinson R66
- Is EASA R66 debacle really Robinson’s fault?
- UK allows uncertified R66 to fly commercially
- 09-Mar-13 ZK-IHU Robinson R66 Oamaru Valley, New Zealand (1F)
- Sloane Helicopters encouraged with R66 development
- Aerobraze congratulates Robinson on R66 success
- Helitowcart launches dual wheels for R66 and R44
- R66 Floats and cargo hook are Robinson’s top priority
- Robinson 2012 production 45% up on 2011
- New Helicopter Service in Palau, Micronesia with R66
- Nigerian Air Force take delivery of first two R66s
- Kurt Robinson named to IHST Executive Committee
- Robinson doubles R66 production rate