Multiflight continues to expand its helicopter operation and now operates five Dauphin helicopters and employs 12 helicopter pilots.
"Our helicopter operation is going from strength to strength and we have firmly established our reputation for providing a comprehensive range of first class helicopter services to clients in the UK and internationally," said Steve Borrowdale, Multiflight’s Managing Director.
"We now operate five Dauphin AS365 helicopters and employ 12 helicopter pilots, many of them crewing on the air ambulance services we run for the Yorkshire Air Ambulance and Great North Air Ambulance Service."
Multiflight, which was founded in 1994, has continued to develop its helicopter operation over the years. It now includes helicopter purchase and sales; engineering; parts; charter; management, including air ambulance services; executive handling and flight training.
"We are extremely proud of our helicopter operation and will continue to expand it still further," said Steve.
"We work hard to meet clients’ needs and our work with the Yorkshire Air Ambulance and Great North Air Ambulance Service is a good example of this."
As part of Multiflight’s contract with GNAAS it manages, crews and maintains three Dauphin helicopters for the service at two locations: Penrith and Teesside. Multiflight has supplied the charity with the AS365 helicopters.
Multiflight also manages, crews and maintains two MD902 Explorer helicopters for the YAA.
Multiflight has refit a further Dauphin helicopter as a HEMS aircraft, which is available to hire. This aircraft, Multiflight HEMS AS365, is currently being leased by YAA while the two Explorer helicopters undergo maintenance work.
The fifth Dauphin helicopter that Multiflight operates is a VIP charter Dauphin belonging to Multiflight’s helicopter charter fleet.
Steve said: "We are proud of the level of our Dauphin operation and our ability to provide a full turnkey package in the HEMS sector is a major plus for air ambulance service providers."
"The latest example of this is our refit of the Multiflight HEMS AS365 which is currently being leased by YAA to allow the maintenance of the two Explorer helicopters and which will be available for hire by other air ambulance providers. We are always able to fulfil client needs and offer comprehensive Dauphin services."
Multiflight offers a full range of aviation services for helicopters and fixed wing aircraft at its base at Leeds Bradford International Airport.
Pictures show Multiflight HEMS AS365 which is currently on lease to the Yorkshire Air Ambulance.
- Multiflight provides AS365N2 cover for Yorkshire Air Ambulance
- 05-May-13 9M-DBH Eurocopter AS365N2 Sungai Besi, Malaysia
- West Michigan AirCare celebrates 20 years
- First landing made at new Frederick Memorial Hospital helipad
- 04-Oct-12 N646GE Eurocopter AS365N2 Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
- 28-Jun-12 TU-THO Eurocopter SA365C2 Beposo, Ghana
- 23-Jun-12 AMHP-151 Eurocopter AS565SB Tecalitlan, Mexico (4F)
- HÃ©li-Union inaugurates its 365N3/N3+ Dauphin Simulator
- 11-Apr-12 Eurocopter MH-65C Salinas, US-California
- Moroccan Royal Gendarmerie recognized for 50 years of Eurocopter operations
- Thales’s first Reality H simulator achieves dual qualification
- UK – Starspeed moves base from Blackbushe to Fairoaks
- 28-Feb-12 6535 Eurocopter MH-65C Point Clear, US-Alabama (4F)
- 20-Feb-12 N82MD Eurocopter AS365N2 Harford County, US-Maryland
- Eurocopter South East Asia designated as Dauphin Asia Pacific training and MRO hub
- 16-Feb-12 N63CF Eurocopter AS365N Dayton, US-Ohio
- UK: Memorial unveiled for victims of Morecambe Bay crash
- Eurocopter sales up 12% in 2011 and 111 more helicopters sold than 2010
- 10-Dec-11 N164CF Eurocopter AS365N2 Dayton, US-Ohio
- Great North Air Ambulance makes £90K from car raffle