The Minister of Defence Nick HÃ¦kkerup is visiting locations in and around Washington, D.C.
Monday, the Minister opened a defense industry conference at the Danish Embassy, arranged by Danish Defence and Security Industries Association, FAD. Also, Nick HÃ¦kkerup met with his American colleague Leon Panetta in the Pentagon and later Secretary of the Navy, Ray Mabus, confirming the strong ties between Denmark and the U.S.
Tuesday March 27, the delegation will continue to Pax River, where the participants will get an opportunity to see the fighters F-18 and F-35 and the helicopter MH-60R.
Later this week the delegation visits Sikorsky and Lockheed Martin, who produce the MH-60R, which is one of the two remaining candidates in the Danish maritime helicopter competition. The other candidate is the AW159 by AgustaWestland.
You can read more about the visit on the Danish Embassy in Washington D.C.’s website.
- Sikorsky awarded $11M contract for one UH-60M for Thailand
- Turkey’s Aselsan secures Sikorsky helicopter subcontract
- Colorado National Guard to open new $39M training facility
- Prototype Engineering awarded $10M Black Hawk overhaul work
- 16-Apr-13 Sikorsky CH-53E Chelwon, Korea
- Donaldson delivers engine filters for US Army Black Hawks
- Breeze-Eastern secures $6M order for Advanced Rescue Hoists
- 01-Apr-13 FAC-4105 Sikorsky UH-60L Tabacal, Colombia
- Swedish Black Hawks head for Afghanistan
- 11-Mar-13 Sikorsky UH-60 Daman district, Afghanistan (5F)
- L-3 Aviation Products Selected for Sikorsky H-60 and S-70i
- 15-Mar-13 Sikorsky MH-60R Chula Vista, US-California
- 24-Feb-13 EJC-2154 Sikorsky UH-60L Vistahermosa, Colombia (4F)
- Cold spray system wins environmental technology award
- New research report issued on Sikorsky
- 16-Dec-12 Sikorsky UH-60 Winner, US-South Dakota
- 15-Dec-12 FAC-4130 Sikorsky UH-60L Providencia, Colombia
- Sikorsky awarded $282M H-60 weapon system contract
- 12-Dec-12 Sikorsky MH-60R North Island NAS, US-California
- US Army Black Hawk flies autonomously over California