(Electronic translation from Japanese) Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. announced today, we received an order (1) new multi-purpose helicopter for the Ground Self-Defense Force from the Ministry of Defense.
In addition, "UH-X" is, as the successor of multi-purpose helicopter of JGSDF UH-1J, the aircraft is to be used for the transport of goods, and various other mission personnel.
This development, to make the most of technology and manufacturing base, "OH-1" We believe as a helicopter machine remodeling mother "OH-1" for the Ground Self-Defense Force currently observation, we are at our production allows you, along with the technology to reduce the risk involved in the development, to reduce the life cycle cost.
We are in the helicopter for the Ministry of Defense, as well as to develop domestic production as the main contractor of the helicopter "OH-1" observation for the Ground Self-Defense Force, and maritime and land helicopter "CH-47" transport only way the Air Self-Defense Force-land so far There are helicopters, such as "OH-6" for Self-Defense Forces, have been delivered a rich variety of helicopter. In addition, as the domestic manufacturer of the helicopter "MCH-101" Minesweeper Maritime Self-Defense Force transport, we are now also delivered.
In the private sector is to develop jointly MBB of Germany and (â€») is a helicopter of the first domestically produced an "BK117 helicopter formula Kawasaki", since delivery the first unit in 1983, police disaster prevention and fire fighters, news, doctor up to now also has delivered a total of 153 machines for various applications such as helicopters.
We believe it is our company received an order for UH-X this time, reliability and proven track record and technical capabilities related to the development, manufacture and repair of various of our helicopter has been highly evaluated.
We are accepting orders for UH-X to this machine, along with the energetically promote development system to build the aircraft, we will focus more on business for the Ministry of Defense and private helicopter for the future.
- EBACE – Eurocopter launches EC175 with VIP/executive interior
- NZ heliski firm fined $6,000
- Vector Aerospace showcases GEMS engine management program at EBACE
- SHG receives its 70th Eurocopter
- Bristow Group Announces 25% Dividend Increase
- FLIR Systems wins $23M US Coast Guard order
- Swiss air ambulances at war – Rega v TCS
- Air Methods Reaches Highest Level in FAA’s Safety Management System Program
- CAE-built Lynx full-mission flight trainer celebrates 25 years of service
- Universal Avionics Expands International Repair Capabilities for the EFI-890R/890H
- Soloy sells 12 Honeywell engine kits for Chinese AC311 helicopter
- CALSTAR appoints new Chief Pilot
- Universal Avionics Announces New Warranty Program
- Barco unveils new US Training/Simulation Demo Center
- UK Apache Hellfire missiles restocked in £15M deal
- Branding Iron hires new PR/Marketing Coordinator
- Register Update – USA – week to 19 May 2013
- New Helicopter Base in Valdosta Aimed at Saving Lives
- UK – Castle Air opens new base at Biggin Hill
- Ka-226T completes test EMS missions for Winter Olympics in Sochi