Donaldson Aerospace & Defense, a division of Donaldson Company, Inc. (NYSE: DCI) today announced that Saudi Aramco has ordered and will install the Donaldson Inlet Barrier Filter (IBF) system on its AgustaWestland AW139 helicopter fleet.
The IBF will provide engine damage prevention for this major helicopter operator facing some of the most extreme operating conditions seen in Middle East aviation operations. At the same time, this advanced filtration provides protection from exposure to the debris and grit churned up in ramp landings, which contributes to turbine erosion. Existing AW139 operators across the globe report positive results – both preventing engine damage and reducing aircraft operating costs.
A welcome equipment addition to the versatile AW139 helicopter, the Donaldson IBF solution allows operation in even the most adverse environments while greatly reducing the concern about engine damage.
The AW139 IBF system features low profile conformal fore and aft fairings, with dual filter assemblies mounted on the existing engine doors creating a sealed intake plenum At the same time, flight crews operate with confidence thanks to Basic Inlet equivalent performance and Category A operations approval.
As with all certified Donaldson IBFs, the AW139 system includes an alternate inlet air bypass system. An emergency bypass capability is an important IBF feature absent in most traditional sand filters and particle separators. A simple compact cockpit switch, common with existing Donaldson certified IBF systems, allows indication and activation of the bypass system. An integral Filter Maintenance Aid also allows for on-condition inspections pre- and post-flight to assist in mission planning and visual inspection of filter condition.
Providing the most comprehensive line of IBF solutions, Donaldson Aerospace & Defense is the industry leader in the design, development and manufacture of high-performance engine IBF systems for commercial and military propulsion systems. Through its St. Louis, Missouri location, Donaldson provides certified IBF solutions for the AgustaWestland AW109E/S/SP, AW119 Koala, AW119Ke and AW139; Bell 205A1, 206B, 407, 206L-3/4, 206L-1(C30), 429 and 430; Eurocopter EC130, AS350 B/BA/B1/B2/B3/B3e, AS350s with Soloy or Heli-Lynx Honeywell engine conversions; and MD Helicopters MD 369H Series, MD 500D/E/F and MD 900/902.
About Donaldson Aerospace & Defense
Donaldson Aerospace & Defense is a leading worldwide provider of filtration systems for the aerospace and defense industry. Our filtration solutions protect fixed wing aircraft, rotorcraft, military ground vehicles, electronic equipment, space vehicles, missiles, military shipboard systems, and amphibious vehicles. We are committed to advancing filtration technology, providing quality products and prompt customer service. Our group serves customers from sales, engineering, and manufacturing locations around the world. To learn more about the Donaldson Aerospace & Defense group, visit www.DonaldsonAerospace-
About Donaldson Company
Donaldson is a leading worldwide provider of filtration systems that improve people’s lives, enhance our Customers’ equipment performance, and protect our environment. We are a technology-driven Company committed to satisfying our Customers’ needs for filtration solutions through innovative research and development, application expertise, and global presence. Our 12,900 employees contribute to the Company’s success by supporting our Customers at our more than 100 sales, manufacturing, and distribution locations around the world.
Donaldson is a member of the S&P MidCap 400 and Russell 1000 indices, and our shares trade on the NYSE under the symbol DCI. Additional information is available at www.donaldson.com.
- AgustaWestland Training Academy Malaysia Introduces AW139 Full Flight Simulator
- AgustaWestland Secures its First AW139 Order in Senegal
- AgustaWestland and Shanghai Zenisun sign official Distributorship Agreement for China
- Samsung Techwin orders two more AW139s
- AgustaWestland confirm HeliHub.com story on Brunei Shell AW139s
- AW139 tech pubs now available on tablets and smart phones
- US corporate operator signs for two AW139s
- LCI signs for 10 more new AgustaWestland helicopters
- Omni signs for two more AW139s
- LCI to lease two AW139s to WestStar
- UK – Significant growth for Gama helicopter maintenance
- AgustaWestland launches Paris Airshow App 2013 and Official Twitter Account
- Azerbaijan Airlines orders S92 and AW139 simulators from CAE
- Panama takes delivery of fifth and sixth AW139s
- Weststar signs first contract outside Malaysia
- Brunei Shell Petroleum accepts two AW139s
- Fourth corporate AW139 sold into UK market
- HeliRussia – Exclases signs for five AW139s
- RBC makes C$500K donation to STARS
- Neighbours complain at temporary EMS helipad