JosÃ© Luis GarcÃa MartÃn, an INAER helicopter captain, has been awarded the Gold Medal for Civil Protection by the “Generalitat Valenciana” (Valencia Regional government) at the 11th Conference on Public Safety and Emergencies, for his complete dedication for more than 20 years to the emergency and civil protection services.
SerafÃn Castellano, the Valencia Regional Government Minister, said that "it is an honour for us to pay tribute to the work carried out on a daily basis by professionals and volunteers, who belong to the organisations and bodies present here today, in the field of public safety and emergencies".
The 11th Conference on Public Safety and Emergencies, featuring 70 vehicles of different types, helicopters and 21 stands, was attended by almost 600 professionals and volunteers. All of them, thanked by the Minister for their work and commitment, prepared a variety of drills and workshops to give people an insight into their work.
SerafÃn Castellano ended by highlighting how this conference, held for the first time in 2002 on the day the 112 emergency telephone number was implemented, has become a established event in the calendar. He underlined the Council’s commitment to safety and emergencies, "which has made us a benchmark for other regions in the field of civil protection and emergencies, a field in which, together, we will keep taking steps in the right direction to ensure we remain pioneers to the benefit of all citizens".
- Helipartner Thailand orders 10 Eurocopter AS350B3e to lease out
- Eurocopter EC175 certification slips by six months to “early 2014″
- UK – MBE for AW101 Merlin pilot
- Budget pressures for Flagler County’s Fire Flight AS350
- NRC continues to search for low lead aviation fuel alternatives
- Cassidian’s obstacle warning system certified for NH90
- Selex ES HF communication systems get onboard V-22
- AW189 enters full scale production
- Astronics extends supply agreement with Rockwell Collins
- AAR Signs Partnering Agreement with Boeing to Support Royal Netherlands Air Force
- Ka-52 makes successful demonstration flight at Le Bourget
- Turbomeca extends certification of COHC as a Certified Maintenance Center
- Metro Aviation hosts first Turbomeca training class
- Arizona and Helicopter Industry to be Represented by John Stonecipher of Guidance Aviation
- Carson Helicopters cited for for exposing workers to chemical hazards
- Värmland’s EMS helicopter goes to Karlstad
- American Eurocopter awards scholarships for air safety training
- L-3 Wescam launches two new products at Paris
- Ducommun receives Flow-on Black Hawk contract
- North American and European customers signed for Turbomeca’s online BOOST service