[electronic translation from German] The Swiss air rescue missions was asked to 14'240 in 2011 by the people as never before. 1953, a year after its founding, the Rega flew just six. On average, the rescue helicopters are now nearly 30 times per day in operation. This service, 365 days around the clock for people in need, thanks to the support of patrons guaranteed.
60 years ago, on 27 April 1952, the Swiss air rescue service in the hotel bears in Twann been established on Lake Biel. With a pioneering spirit and innovation, the air rescuers the first hour of the foundation for the now 60-year Rega have set. That spirit lives on and the Swiss Air Rescue Rega takes the true pioneer role in the future.
Increasing use of numbers
"In 2011 we organized 14'240 rescue operations, which are more than ever before. This shows how popular is the Swiss Air Rescue Service of the population, "said Ernst Kohler, CEO of the shelf and Chief Executive Officer. The rescue helicopter were 10'797 times in use, as often as never before in the history of the Rega. While the stakes in avalanche accidents declined, took those for illnesses and accidents. in particular sports and mountaineering accidents, this can be attributed to good weather conditions. Never, Rega as many primary missions. bring in these crews, the medical aid directly to the site. The rescue helicopter had to fly as often as never at night (2,083 applications).
Three ambulances were in use 698-times that are four bets less than in 2010. On scheduled flights, medical teams from the Rega total of 147 patients escorted back to Switzerland. These figures differ only slightly from those from the previous year. In contrast, the emergency medical management, telemedicine management of patients abroad has decreased, which is explained by similar offers from other organizations.
Almost 2.4 million patrons to support the shelf. Therefore, they can do their job without financing from public funds and without the use of taxpayers' money. "This service for people in need, we can ensure only thanks to the patronage," says CEO Ernst Kohler. It is the backbone of the Swiss Air Rescue and allows the 24-hour standby, the dense rescue network and the forward-looking investments in equipment and infrastructure.
Encouraging is the increase in patronage by 3.7 percent or 86,000 last year. This is equivalent to the population of Biel, Kloten and Bellinzona. Unfortunately, these patrons to pay the contributions Rega 5.5 million francs including VAT per year, representing 185,000 individual patrons machinations. The Federal Court has ruled in October 2011 to the detriment of the Rega. Now the Air Rescue Service defends its political endorsement, an appropriate parliamentary initiative is pending.
60 years. Thanks to your support.
Ernst Kohler says: "In our anniversary year we say thank you - our sponsors, partners and the public." Rega therefore opens its doors to the public on the 28th and 29th April at the Rega Center at Zurich airport on the shelves. means land bases are the open days take place as follows:. use based in Lausanne on June 9, insert base Bern Belp on June 23, insert base Zurich in DÃ¼bendorf on July 7, 2012 In Basel welcomes the shelf, the population in the August 18, 2012 middle of the city on the BarfÃ¼sserplatz. Swiss Air Rescue is also pleased to present to the public their new movie "Pulse of the shelf." And in WÃ¶rterseh-published the book "1414" appears with gripping portraits.
- Sky Tech joins Turbomeca Certified Maintenance Center Network
- Devon & Cornwall Police air unit joins Twitter
- Eurocopter reveals optionally-piloted EC145
- ASU Completes 700th FAA Approved NVIS Modification
- 15-Apr-13 N262MH Eurocopter EC145 Highland Heights, US-Ohio
- MassDevelopment issues tax-exempt $8M lease for Boston Medflight EC145
- 12-Apr-13 N909SH Eurocopter EC145 Sioux Falls, US-South Dakota
- Metro Aviation begins completion of Boston MedFlight EC145
- True Blue Power Paving the Way for Certified Lithium-ion Products in Aviation
- Metro Aviation begins configuration of EC145 for Memorial MedFlight
- Police Service of Northern Ireland order second EC145
- TNT approves unscripted docu-drama “Life Flight”
- Memorial MedFlight in South Bend Adding EC145
- 07-Mar-13 N909SH Eurocopter EC145 Humboldt, US-South Dakota
- Eurocopter and Milestone Aviation Group getting closer together
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital purchases Eurocopter EC145
- American Eurocopter leads in helicopter sales for EMS missions
- Metro Aviation to showcase new air medical EC145 during Heli-Expo
- JSSI expands airframe programs with EC135 and EC145
- Austin-Travis STAR Flight Rescue Saves Multiple Lives Utilizing NVG