“Safety Management without the Mumbo Jumbo” is a recently published book about how to manage safety. The book demystifies safety management. Simple explanations and anecdotes make this book an interesting read for anyone who has an interest in or who is responsible for safety. The book has been published in hard copy and E-Book format. The E-Book has been nominated for the prestigious Global E-Book Awards.
The author is Rob Collins who has had a long career in the aviation industry. His experience as a General Aviation and international airline pilot, aviation safety regulator and consultant has equipped him well to write this book. As a former Executive of the Civil Aviation Safety Authority, and industry consultant, Rob has seen many opportunities for safety improvement and he uses these experiences to illustrate important safety messages in the book.
Although his ideas have been developed largely from experience in the aviation industry, Rob says, they are applicable to any industry where risk needs to be carefully managed. Rob avoids what he calls, “consultant and academic Yuk-speak” about safety management. This book provides the basics about safety management in a way that is clear and simple to understand.
Those who read this book and apply the principles will improve safety and profitability.
- HeliRussia – First Kamov Ka62 to fly by August
- HeliRussia – Transas Aviation to provide locally-made GPS for Bell 407, 429
- HeliRussia – Exclases Holdings signs for a GrandNew
- HeliRussia – Exclases signs for five AW139s
- HeliRussia – Russia-Peru certification agreement opens up opportunties for Helisur
- HeliRussia – Russian Helicopters signs agreement with PANH Helicopters
- HeliRussia – Bell expands in Russia
- Helipad in Woodruff to be Discussed Again
- Dart launches Rear Locker Extender for B206 and B407
- Bell-Boeing awarded $40M for long-lead V-22 components
- Night Flight Concepts Launches Industry Specific NVIS Solution Programs
- Kaweah Delta hosts helipad completion celebration
- Register Update – USA – week to 12 May 2013
- Breeze-Eastern to Design and Produce New Winch for MV-22
- RBC makes C$500K donation to STARS
- TAI shows R300 unmanned helicopter
- FLIR Systems awarded $81M US Army contract
- Royal Canadian Air Force begins TigerEx 2013
- Helmet saves Otago helicopter pilot’s life
- Pilot missing after Shandong helicopter hijacked by 20 men