Luis Guillermo Angel Restrepo and his company Helicargo S.A. will bring the newly unveiled Bell 525 "super medium" helicopter to Colombian skies in the near future. Angel Restrepo (Helicargo) will have sole authority to distribute this helicopter in Colombia and will begin marketing this model immediately.
With literally an audience of thousands, Bell Helicopter put its mark on the oil platform helicopter market by unveiling what it calls a "super medium" size Bell 525 Relentless at Heli-Expo in Dallas. The 18,000-pound plus helicopter is expected to have a speed of 150 knots. Helicargo, a firm specializing in helicopter transportation contributed to the research and development for the 16-passenger helicopter.
"Having Helicargo and our other customers engage with us on this unprecedented new aircraft validates our product development strategies--placing our customers at the center of everything we do," said Luis Guillermo.
The helicopter will be powered by two GE CT7-2F1 engines of 1,800 shaft horsepower each and feature the Garmin G5000H integrated avionics suite--an avionics system for helicopters also announced at Heli-Expo this week.
It could fly by 2014 and be certified by 2015.
Helicargo is an helicopter distributor and operator company of Colombia that offers the service of transportation for companies and individual operation.
- Honeywell to provide APU and environmental control system for Bell 525
- Moog to build primary flight control actuation for Bell 525
- Bell at Heli-Expo – Relentlessly focused on its customers
- Mecaer signs multiple contracts shead of NBAA 2012
- Bell to balance military cuts with civil expansion in Amarillo
- Bell receives Gold Stevie® award for marketing Campaign of the Year
- Mecaer Aviation Group wins Bell 525 landing gear contract
- Amarillo City Commission gives Bell $5 Million
- GKN Aerospace details involvement in Bell 525 program
- Pacifica Engineering named Key Supplier to Bell 525
- KUKA Systems selected as supplier partner for Bell 525
- Bell 525 – key suppliers named
- Bell details helicopters they will show at Farnborough 2012
- BAE Systems to provide fly-by-wire flight controls for Bell 525
- Bell 525 features ARC Horizon flight deck
- Bell Helicopter introduces the 525 “Relentless” Super Medium helicopter
- Bell prepares for big launch – the 525 Relentless
- Bell confirm new product announcement at Heli-Expo
- Bell looks to “Super Medium” for future success with new 525SMT model