All Metal MS, rapidly becoming a global leader in the development and manufacturing of “safety first” custom maintenance stands, maintenance support equipment and hangar equipment, announced today that world-renowned American Eurocopter has asked All Metal MS to design custom maintenance stands for its manufacturing facility in Texas. These unique stands will solve a number of safety concerns that American Eurocopter and other aircraft manufactures commonly contend with in manufacturing facilities. The goal is increase efficiency while improving overall safety for all staff working on and around aircraft.
These custom stands will be designed specifically for the streamlined manufacturing cells in American Eurocopter’s Grand Prairie, TX facility, and will allow the manufacturing crews to easily maneuver around the sides and top of the helicopters in compact spaces.
American Eurocopter, which utilizes All Metal’s full-size maintenance stands in its maintenance training facility, asked All Metal to develop these exclusive custom stands to eliminate the use of basic ladders, which are not as versatile or as safe as an All Metal stand. All Metal founder Bill McNiff conducted an onsite design evaluation at the American Eurocopter facilities, assessing the various design challenges for the custom stands. American Eurocopter stressed the need for stand adaptability and complete crew safety.
This opportunity will allow All Metal to design and build custom stands for one of the world’s premier helicopter brand leaders. All Metal will submit the drawings to American Eurocopter in the spring, and hopes to build the prototype soon thereafter for testing by American Eurocopter. Once the final design is approved, All Metal will outfit the Grand Prairie manufacturing facility.
All Metal President/CEO John Buscema is looking forward to the challenge, stating "I am confident in my partner, Bill McNiff, and his ability to design superior ‘safety first’ maintenance stands that will meet the specific application requested by Eurocopter’s manufacturing facility staff. The team at All Metal is humbly striving to lead the market with our innovative custom safety first maintenance stands and hangar equipment with a mission to mitigate risk for crew working on all aircraft. We are blessed with the opportunity to work alongside the Eurocopter’s team of professionals to solve common risks hazards that most manufacturing and maintenance facilities face all throughout the world.”
- FAA issues Advisory Circular on Reporting Wildlife Aircraft Strikes
- New E-HOTS support partnership consortium
- VNH South recognised for flight hour milestone as more EC225s arrive
- Heli-One secures multi-million-dollar PBH contract with NHV
- Eurocopter and Ramco partner for cloud-based helicopter maintenance software
- Helipartner Thailand orders 10 Eurocopter AS350B3e to lease out
- Eurocopter EC175 certification slips by six months to “early 2014″
- UK – MBE for AW101 Merlin pilot
- Budget pressures for Flagler County’s Fire Flight AS350
- NRC continues to search for low lead aviation fuel alternatives
- Cassidian’s obstacle warning system certified for NH90
- Selex ES HF communication systems get onboard V-22
- AW189 enters full scale production
- Astronics extends supply agreement with Rockwell Collins
- AAR Signs Partnering Agreement with Boeing to Support Royal Netherlands Air Force
- Ka-52 makes successful demonstration flight at Le Bourget
- Turbomeca extends certification of COHC as a Certified Maintenance Center
- Metro Aviation hosts first Turbomeca training class
- Arizona and Helicopter Industry to be Represented by John Stonecipher of Guidance Aviation
- 19-Jun-13 Bell 47G Maplewood, US-Minnesota (1F)