Helicopter Support, Inc. (HSI), a Sikorsky Aerospace Services company, today announced that its Services Division has earned the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Diamond Certificate of Excellence award for the sixth consecutive year. This coveted award is given to employers with 100 percent employee participation in an FAA-approved aviation maintenance training program. Sikorsky Aerospace Services is the worldwide aftermarket business of Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX).
The Diamond Award Certificate of Excellence is the FAA's highest training award. The FAA recognizes employers and aviation maintenance technicians who participate in a training program that offers both initial and recurrent aviation maintenance training/courses to improve safety and technical knowledge.
"Safety is paramount to our employees and our customers. The FAA Diamond Award Program is a key element of our focus on strict safety standards within our Service Division business," said Steve Bohlman, Director, Global Services and Support. "We make world-class training a priority in our business, and this award is a testament to our collective commitment to our employees and customers. We are very proud and honored to be recognized by the FAA for our accomplishments for six consecutive years."
The program also honors individuals for their personal achievements. Similar in concept to the Olympic Medal rankings, the FAA recognizes individual aviation maintenance technicians with written certificates as well as Bronze, Silver and Gold pins to mark their achievement. This year, three HSI technicians received the Gold award – the highest honor for an employee. Another 39 earned Silver, and 23 earned Bronze. In 2011, HSI service technicians completed a total of 6,040 hours in product specific, helicopter instruction, safety and FAA regulatory compliance training.
"This award strengthens our commitment to training, quality and safety as we continuously strive for process improvements. Our employees work hard to advance their personal growth, and we are proud of these individual recognitions," said Bruce Smit, Training Manager, HSI Services Division.
Sikorsky Aerospace Services provides comprehensive support to rotary- and fixed-wing operators throughout the world. It offers its military and commercial customers a full portfolio of support services, including material distribution, maintenance, overhaul & repair, aircraft modifications and life-cycle support. Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., based in Stratford, Conn., is a world leader in helicopter design, manufacture and service. United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Conn., provides a broad range of high-technology products and support services to the aerospace and building systems industries worldwide.
- Vector Aerospace showcases GEMS engine management program at EBACE
- SHG receives its 70th Eurocopter
- Bristow Group Announces 25% Dividend Increase
- FLIR Systems wins $23M US Coast Guard order
- Swiss air ambulances at war – Rega v TCS
- Air Methods Reaches Highest Level in FAA’s Safety Management System Program
- CAE-built Lynx full-mission flight trainer celebrates 25 years of service
- Universal Avionics Expands International Repair Capabilities for the EFI-890R/890H
- Soloy sells 12 Honeywell engine kits for Chinese AC311 helicopter
- CALSTAR appoints new Chief Pilot
- Universal Avionics Announces New Warranty Program
- Barco unveils new US Training/Simulation Demo Center
- UK Apache Hellfire missiles restocked in £15M deal
- Branding Iron hires new PR/Marketing Coordinator
- Register Update – USA – week to 19 May 2013
- New Helicopter Base in Valdosta Aimed at Saving Lives
- UK – Castle Air opens new base at Biggin Hill
- Ka-226T completes test EMS missions for Winter Olympics in Sochi
- StandardAero New Regional Manager for Russia, India and Asia-Pacific
- Avinco completes its third major transaction for CHC in 2013