PZL-Åšwidnik SA, an AgustaWestland company, is pleased to announce that the all new AW149 military helicopter, has successfully performed an initial demonstration tour across Poland to show its unique and outstanding capabilities and qualities as the best Polish solution to meet the future national Armed Forces’ multipurpose requirements.
The sole new-generation multirole helicopter in its category to match the 21st century operational needs and the result of extensive design contribution from Polish engineering and technological know-how and expertise, the AW149 was officially presented during various events held in DÄ™blin, Warsaw and Åšwidnik from April 18th through to 23rd
The AW149 first stopped at Deblin Airbase on April 17th and 18th where the helicopter’s capabilities were shown to military representatives and aviation sector specialists during a two-day-long scientific conference held at the Polish Air Force Academy. The aircraft was presented at Warsaw-Babice airport to national dignitaries on April 19th and 20th and then to representatives of the Lublin scientific communities, business organizations and local authorities from the region on April 23rd.
The AW149 is a latest generation twin-engine aircraft featuring outstanding performance and capabilities. AW149 is a platform designed for versatile applications, such as peace missions, combat support operations, tactical transport of troops and materials, SAR and CSAR, MEDEVAC/CASEVAC, command and control.
Nicola Bianco, Managing Director, PZL-Åšwidnik, said “It gives us great pleasure presenting the state-of-the-art AW149 to Poland. As the best solution for the Polish Armed Forces’ future requirements, this model has a chance to open up a brand new chapter in the history of the Polish aviation industry being the company the only Polish OEM with decades of experience in design and production of rotorcraft. Several engineers from PZL-Åšwidnik, which is now the third pillar of AgustaWestland in Europe, have significantly participated to the development of the AW149 programme. We believe our solution offers second to none opportunities to a further relevant growth of Poland’s role in the aerospace sector with significant benefits for technology enhancements and job opportunities.”
PZL-Åšwidnik is the only Polish company with full capabilities to design, develop and produce helicopters of its own design. It also has its own Research and Development Centre. The Company, with more than 3500 employees, is the biggest aviation manufacturer in Poland and one of the biggest employers in Lubelszczyzna. PZL-Åšwidnik has been a part of AgustaWestland since 2010.
- PZL-Świdnik exhibits advanced technology at EUROPOLTECH 2013
- Ministry of Economy delegation visits PZL-Świdnik
- AgustaWestland AW149 / AW189 flight testing in Arizona
- AgustaWestland displays AW149 at MSPO 2012
- Polish Army plans purchase of 26 helicopters
- AW149 shows its capabilities at PZL-Åšwidnik Plant
- Microturbo e-APU60 ready for flight tests in AW149 and AW189
- AW149 makes public premiere at Paris Air Show
- Microturbo’s e-APU60 will be installed on the AW149
- AgustaWestland issues statement after losing Turkish tender
- Turkey selects Black Hawk over AW149
- Turkey’s helicopter decision delayed, again
- Curtiss-Wright signs design and manufacturing agreement with AgustaWestland
- AgustaWestland’s 24×7 Fleet Operations Centre now fully operational
- New AgustaWestland AW149 Performs Its First Flight in Italy
- AW149 to fly in 2010
- First flight of AW149 delayed to year-end
- Turkish helicopter winner decision is delayed
- Turkey set to choose this week between UH-60 and AW149
- UK Lynx Mk9’s receive enhanced protection package from Vector Aerospace