Bond Air Services has been awarded a new, five-year contract, worth £8 million, by air ambulance charity, Dorset & Somerset Air Ambulance. The contract will see Bond continue to provide a complete helicopter support service, including aircraft, crew and maintenance support until 2017.
Bond has been providing the Helicopter Emergency Medical Service for the Air Ambulance Charity since 2000 and it will continue to operate the Charity's existing Eurocopter EC135T2i, on a seven days a week basis, from its operational facilities at Henstridge.
The aircraft, which undertook 665 missions across the two counties last year, will operate 12 hours per day in summer and 10 hours a day in winter. Understanding the importance of aircraft availability, Bond, will also provide back-up aircraft, pilots and engineers support for the service to cover any periods of scheduled and unscheduled maintenance which will allow this critical service to benefit from the 99.4 per cent availability that Bond currently deliver to its customers.
- REACH adds sixth EC135
- Swiss air ambulances at war – Rega v TCS
- CALSTAR appoints new Chief Pilot
- 16-May-13 D-HLDM Eurocopter EC135P2 Ochsenfurt, Germany
- Seventeen EC135s for Turkish EMS contract
- Rescued pilot funds Midlands Air Ambulance education centre
- 06-May-13 N911SV Eurocopter EC135 Billings, US-Montana
- EAAA Passes CQC Inspection with Flying Colours
- UK – First test flight for EMS helipad on Isle of Wight
- West Midlands Police helicopter catches more than 500 suspects in a year
- 25-Apr-13 HU26-18 Eurocopter EC135P2+ Los Galayos, Spain
- ASU Completes 700th FAA Approved NVIS Modification
- Eurocopter Japan delivers EC135T2 to Shizuoka Air Commuter
- Eurocopter to offer Sandel avionics on EC135
- Metro Aviation delivers new EC135 to CALSTAR
- 12-Apr-13 G-HBOB Eurocopter EC135T2+ Sunningdale, UK
- AeroSimulators to support Bond and INAER simulators
- Wales Air Ambulance makes historic first night flight
- Unity4 brings fundraising capability to Wales Air Ambulance
- Bond extends contract with North West Air Ambulance by 7 years