Enerplus Corporation, who have been strong supporters of STARS since 1992, have reached the $500,000 giving milestone. A celebration, which included a logo unveiling on the STARS helicopter, was held on April 25 for the independent oil and gas producer at the STARS Calgary hanger.
“Enerplus has been in business for over 25 years, and our ongoing commitment to health and safety has always been a priority for us. We believe it’s critical to our continued success. We’re proud of our continued commitment to STARS, and the vital emergency medical care and transportation service they provide to the communities and surrounding areas in which we operate,” said Gord Love, Senior Manager, Canadian Operations, Enerplus.
In August 2011, Enerplus renewed their commitment as a founding donor with a $300,000 donation dedicated to the education and training programs for STARS in Saskatchewan. The gift, which put Enerplus’ cumulative giving total to $532, 010, helped STARS in providing awareness and education to emergency and medical professionals in the province.
“Enerplus has supported STARS for over 20 years now,” said STARS President and CEO Andrea Robertson. “We are delighted with all their contributions over the years and this celebration was a great way to honour their dedication to safety in the community.”
STARS is a charitable non-profit organization that provides a safe, rapid, highly specialized emergency medical air transport system for critically ill and injured patients. STARS has responded to more than 22,000 emergencies since 1985, and operates from four bases in Alberta and Manitoba, including Calgary, Edmonton, Grande Prairie and Winnipeg.
Enerplus is a responsible Canadian energy producer with a diversified asset base of high-quality, low-decline oil and gas assets. Enerplus conducts its business in a way that ensures the health and safety of its workers, respects the environment and builds positive, long-term relationships in the community.
- RBC makes C$500K donation to STARS
- Great Slave Helicopters introduces BK117
- Regular sightseeing tours start in London
- 16-Apr-13 N911CH Eurocopter BK117B1 Cumberland, US-Maine
- 05-Apr-12 Eurocopter BK117 Parsdorf, Germany
- True Blue Power Paving the Way for Certified Lithium-ion Products in Aviation
- 03-Apr-13 ZK-IBK Eurocopter BK117 Wellington, New Zealand
- STARS begins night missions from Saskatoon base
- 15-Feb-13 VH-VSA Eurocopter BK117B2 Port Pirie, Australia
- 15-Feb-13 D-HDRJ Eurocopter BK117C1 Mitterberg, Austria
- Rockford Memorial Hospital prepares for full return of REACT
- Alberta Health Services moves STARS BK117 to Edmonton Airport
- Kawasaki completes 1,000th BK117/EC145 airframe
- Funding boost for Queensland’s EMS operations
- 10-Dec-12 N911BK Eurocopter BK117B3 Rochelle, US-Illinois (3F)
- CareFlight to fly more children across New South Wales
- Aeromed to establish base in Punta Gorda
- New Zealand – Waikato Region upgraded from Bell 222 to BK117SD2
- Telecoms company Telus passes $1M barrier in STARS donations
- 22-Nov-12 ARC-218 Eurocopter BK117A3 El Piñón, Colombia