Latitude Technologies Corporation announces the release of their new Latitude Messenger for iOS App. The Latitude Messenger App improves communications by bringing the ease of using an iOS touch interface to aviation communications. Users can control their Latitude SkyNode® transceiver communication features from anywhere on the aircraft, instead of being tied to messaging display heads mounted in the flight deck. Features on the Latitude Messenger for iOS App can easily be upgraded without the need for purchasing new hardware.
Some of the new Latitude Messenger for iOS App features include two-way text messaging between the SkyNode and Latitude WebSentinel or a standard email account, enabling and disabling of emergency tracking mode, and triggering tracking events. The App also allows control of voice call features supported by SkyNode S200 models including start, end, answering calls and placing calls to contacts on the iOS device.
"We are excited about our latest App development,” said Vice President of Information Services Tim Curtis. “Our new Latitude Messenger App provides customers the convenience of using their popular iOS based products while allowing them to interface with our innovative SkyNode S200. We are a technology company and we continue to develop applications and solutions that match customer demands with the latest innovations.”
The App is freely available in the iTunes® App Store and functions on the iPad®, iPhone®, and iPod Touch® products by Apple. This App is the second iOS App released by Latitude Technologies this year. Earlier in the year, Latitude released an updated version of the successful Latitude Sentinel for iOS App, a mobile version of Latitude Technologies’ WebSentinel Data Management system used to monitor data for a fleet of aircraft.
About Latitude Technologies
Latitude Technologies Corp., headquartered in Victoria, British Columbia, is a vertically integrated manufacturer and provider of satellite telephone, tracking, messaging, avionics and broadband data services. The company’s SkyNode products are the most versatile and economical-to-operate aeronautical communication devices in the world and have been chosen by government, commercial and private operators for all mission and aircraft types.
Latitude provides reliable and secure aviation data and communication options for crew safety, fleet logistics, and operations and maintenance efficiency with its WebSentinelTM flight data management platform for desktops, dispatch centers and mobile devices.
- FLIR Systems wins $23M US Coast Guard order
- Swiss air ambulances at war – Rega v TCS
- Air Methods Reaches Highest Level in FAA’s Safety Management System Program
- CAE-built Lynx full-mission flight trainer celebrates 25 years of service
- Universal Avionics Expands International Repair Capabilities for the EFI-890R/890H
- Soloy sells 12 Honeywell engine kits for Chinese AC311 helicopter
- CALSTAR appoints new Chief Pilot
- Universal Avionics Announces New Warranty Program
- Barco unveils new US Training/Simulation Demo Center
- Apache Hellfire missiles restocked in £15 million deal
- Branding Iron hires new PR/Marketing Coordinator
- Register Update – USA – week to 19 May 2013
- New Helicopter Base in Valdosta Aimed at Saving Lives
- UK – Castle Air opens new base at Biggin Hill
- Ka-226T completes test EMS missions for Winter Olympics in Sochi
- StandardAero New Regional Manager for Russia, India and Asia-Pacific
- Avinco completes its third major transaction for CHC in 2013
- Evergreen Helicopters buys two Bell 214STs
- Guidance Aviation President Named Person of Year by SBA
- Aero Sekur returns to Paris Air Show with AW189 liferaft system