Latitude Technologies Corporation announces the release of their new Latitude Messenger for iOS App. The Latitude Messenger App improves communications by bringing the ease of using an iOS touch interface to aviation communications. Users can control their Latitude SkyNode® transceiver communication features from anywhere on the aircraft, instead of being tied to messaging display heads mounted in the flight deck. Features on the Latitude Messenger for iOS App can easily be upgraded without the need for purchasing new hardware.
Some of the new Latitude Messenger for iOS App features include two-way text messaging between the SkyNode and Latitude WebSentinel or a standard email account, enabling and disabling of emergency tracking mode, and triggering tracking events. The App also allows control of voice call features supported by SkyNode S200 models including start, end, answering calls and placing calls to contacts on the iOS device.
"We are excited about our latest App development,” said Vice President of Information Services Tim Curtis. “Our new Latitude Messenger App provides customers the convenience of using their popular iOS based products while allowing them to interface with our innovative SkyNode S200. We are a technology company and we continue to develop applications and solutions that match customer demands with the latest innovations.”
The App is freely available in the iTunes® App Store and functions on the iPad®, iPhone®, and iPod Touch® products by Apple. This App is the second iOS App released by Latitude Technologies this year. Earlier in the year, Latitude released an updated version of the successful Latitude Sentinel for iOS App, a mobile version of Latitude Technologies’ WebSentinel Data Management system used to monitor data for a fleet of aircraft.
About Latitude Technologies
Latitude Technologies Corp., headquartered in Victoria, British Columbia, is a vertically integrated manufacturer and provider of satellite telephone, tracking, messaging, avionics and broadband data services. The company’s SkyNode products are the most versatile and economical-to-operate aeronautical communication devices in the world and have been chosen by government, commercial and private operators for all mission and aircraft types.
Latitude provides reliable and secure aviation data and communication options for crew safety, fleet logistics, and operations and maintenance efficiency with its WebSentinelTM flight data management platform for desktops, dispatch centers and mobile devices.
- Bristow – EC225 situation will last another year or more
- Iraqi Army receives last of 24 Bell 407s
- Argentine Air Force to add two Bell 412s
- EBACE – AgustaWestland pushes VIP-role AW169
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance goes operational
- EBACE – Bell showcases 429
- AHS – Prevailing In “Demanding Environments”
- HAI Participates at HeliRussia 2013
- Bristow publish results for Q4 and Year ended 31st March 2013
- Floating helipad returns to Destin
- R66 lands at North Pole
- Nine new customers in China for Enstrom
- Eurocopter to supply EC225 and AS350B3e to China’s State Grid General Aviation Company
- CAE upgrades visuals on Royal Navy Lynx Mk8 full-mission simulator
- Keystone Med-Flight Announces New VP of Operations
- Fourth corporate AW139 sold into UK market
- REACH adds sixth EC135
- Enstrom breaks ground on production plant expansion
- Bell promotes innovation at AHS Forum 69
- HAI at AHS Forum 69