Latitude Technologies Corporation announces the release of their new Latitude Messenger for iOS App. The Latitude Messenger App improves communications by bringing the ease of using an iOS touch interface to aviation communications. Users can control their Latitude SkyNode® transceiver communication features from anywhere on the aircraft, instead of being tied to messaging display heads mounted in the flight deck. Features on the Latitude Messenger for iOS App can easily be upgraded without the need for purchasing new hardware.
Some of the new Latitude Messenger for iOS App features include two-way text messaging between the SkyNode and Latitude WebSentinel or a standard email account, enabling and disabling of emergency tracking mode, and triggering tracking events. The App also allows control of voice call features supported by SkyNode S200 models including start, end, answering calls and placing calls to contacts on the iOS device.
"We are excited about our latest App development,” said Vice President of Information Services Tim Curtis. “Our new Latitude Messenger App provides customers the convenience of using their popular iOS based products while allowing them to interface with our innovative SkyNode S200. We are a technology company and we continue to develop applications and solutions that match customer demands with the latest innovations.”
The App is freely available in the iTunes® App Store and functions on the iPad®, iPhone®, and iPod Touch® products by Apple. This App is the second iOS App released by Latitude Technologies this year. Earlier in the year, Latitude released an updated version of the successful Latitude Sentinel for iOS App, a mobile version of Latitude Technologies’ WebSentinel Data Management system used to monitor data for a fleet of aircraft.
About Latitude Technologies
Latitude Technologies Corp., headquartered in Victoria, British Columbia, is a vertically integrated manufacturer and provider of satellite telephone, tracking, messaging, avionics and broadband data services. The company’s SkyNode products are the most versatile and economical-to-operate aeronautical communication devices in the world and have been chosen by government, commercial and private operators for all mission and aircraft types.
Latitude provides reliable and secure aviation data and communication options for crew safety, fleet logistics, and operations and maintenance efficiency with its WebSentinelTM flight data management platform for desktops, dispatch centers and mobile devices.
- FLASH SONICS sonar enters service with French Navy NH90
- Women in Corporate Aviation Scholarships announced for 2013
- Eurocopter and SDV – a joint commitment to reducing CO2 emissions
- Bell announces foreign approval of seven Aeronautical Accessories products
- An inside look at Milestone and the first ever helicopter export credit bond
- NHI celebrates first deployment of an Italian NH90
- Nominate Now for HAI’s Salute to Excellence Awards
- Erickson Air-Crane extends contract with Fluor
- Life Link III signs for six AW119Kx plus six options
- Era signs for 10 more AW189s plus options
- FAA issues Advisory Circular on Reporting Wildlife Aircraft Strikes
- New E-HOTS support partnership consortium
- VNH South recognised for flight hour milestone as more EC225s arrive
- Heli-One secures multi-million-dollar PBH contract with NHV
- Eurocopter and Ramco partner for cloud-based helicopter maintenance software
- Helipartner Thailand orders 10 Eurocopter AS350B3e to lease out
- Eurocopter EC175 certification slips by six months to “early 2014″
- UK – MBE for AW101 Merlin pilot
- Budget pressures for Flagler County’s Fire Flight AS350
- NRC continues to search for low lead aviation fuel alternatives