HeliHub.com is today launching a second daily email bulletin – specifically focusing on Helicopter Safety.Â This will pick up accident reports, news items related to safety as well as alerts to safety documents.Â While the news stories are an overlap with our main daily news headlines email, this one will provide more insight into helicopter safety, A topic we notice is in high demand from our website analytic reports.Â By its nature, the reporting of safety items can be sporadic, and it is feasible that some days may have no safety reports and thus no email will be sent out.Â This new email will be distributed at 0900 UTC each day – the same time as our News email.
HeliHub.com treats helicopter safety seriously.Â We are the only website producing a regularly updated list of helicopter accidents and incidents around the world, and we are certain that we list more such events than any other site.Â It is our long-term plan to add historical accident data to the site as well.
HeliHub.com owner Jeremy Parkin has a long history in the research of helicopter data across the globe. Starting in 1983, he maintained a very detailed database of every helicopter in the UK, and this data was well received and widely used to market products and services to helicopter owners and operators alike. From 1987 the decision was made to expand this to cover all of Europe, and by 1991 the database was global and numbered over 100,000 airframes of both civil and military helicopter types. This data was widely marketed and sold to civil and military organisations across the world. Mr Parkin has had six helicopter books published, including five annual volumes of the most comprehensive civil helicopter directory based on the aforementioned database. Mr Parkin launched the helicopter industryâ€™s first news website in 1999, and purchased HeliHub.com on 1st January 2010.
See also – HeliHub.com site policies, which includes specific information on accident/incident reporting
- Airbus to deliver New Zealand’s first HEMS-configured H145s
- Airbus Delivers Upgraded Night Vision to UK police
- Leonardo awarded contract for 22 of the new AW169M
- Bell partners with EPS for eVTOL energy storage
- RSAF Celebrates 20 Years of Training in Oakey
- Washington Redskins owner Dan Snyder buys an AW169
- UK AAIB Bulletin – November 2018
- CEO retires as Bristow announce acquisition of Columbia Helicopters
- CHC adds apprentice engineers in UK
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance appoints new Trustees
- Vision for the future of General Aviation
- Speculative Scottish windfarm heliport plans approved
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-172
- Genaire expands fuel cell repair capabilities to include Bell 412 and 214
- Russian Helicopters successfully tests Ansat
- IHST: Making Life & Death Decisions: A Case Study of a Fatal Helicopter Accident
- STARS wins international competition
- Leonardo sells 15 AW139s into China, with 160 to follow
- APSA seeks nominees for Board of Directors
- China and Russia ready to sign on heavy-lift helicopter