Paravion Technology, Inc. announces that the FAA and European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) has issued an STC (Supplemental Type Certificate) for its Blade Fold Kit for Bell 429 helicopters. With the fixed provisions installed, owners and operators can store their aircraft in space limited areas, such as small, off-site hangars and aboard ocean-going vessels.
The kit includes a set of permanently installed provisions and a set of forward and aft blade supports. To fold the blades, quick-release pins are inserted into the fixed provisions and the supports are then attached to the pins and raised to move the fore and aft blades off of their droop stops. The inboard expandable blade bolts of the supported blades are then removed and the tail rotor is used to rotate the other two main rotor blades into position. The rotated blades are then secured by the blade supports. The whole operation can be completed in less than 20 minutes by two people.
Pricing for the complete kit, fixed provisions and blade supports, is $14,500.00 US. The fixed provisions and blade supports can also be purchased separately for $8,862.26 US and $5,637.74 US, respectively.
About Paravion Technology, Inc.
Paravion Technology, Inc. is a leading designer and manufacturer of aircraft accessories. In 1985, Paravion introduced its first product, Pneumatic Door Openers for the Bell 206 Series, now a standard part of many helicopters. Paravion's products also include heating systems, air conditioning systems, camera systems, the ARS mapping system, and the Heliporter®, the industry standard ground-handling unit for helicopters.
- HeliRussia – Transas Aviation to provide locally-made GPS for Bell 407, 429
- HeliRussia – Bell expands in Russia
- Astronics Max-Viz 1500 Approved For New and Retrofit Bell 429s
- Bell showcases versatile aircraft at AeroExpo 2013
- Aeronautical Accessories launches Bell 429 skid shoes
- Delaware State Police contract for two Bell 429s
- Indonesia approves heavier Bell 429
- Retractable gear Bell 429 – First pictures
- Tanis announces preheat system for Bell 429
- Bell appoints new Russian Sales Representative
- Bell 429 Cargo Basket available through Aeronautical Accessories
- Aeronautical Accessories exclusively distributes Tanis preheat system for Bell 429
- Israel Certifies Bell 429
- Bell at Heli-Expo – Relentlessly focused on its customers
- Bell confirms HeliHub.com stories on Nigerian 429s
- Nigeria validates higher weight Bell 429
- RSG completes Bell 429s for European and Latin American customers
- Bell civil helicopter sales up 50% in 2012
- First EMS Bell 429 arrives in Nigeria for NEMA
- Nigerian Police receive a Bell 429