The U.S. Congress has kicked off conference negotiations on the Highway Bill that contains the maligned Alexander Amendment. The amendment contains provisions that strip away control of national park airspace from the congressionally mandated FAA and gives the power to regulate airspace to the ill-equipped National Park Service.
Conferees have precious little time â€“ approx. one month â€“ to reach a compromise and present it to Congress in order to give members the time they need to consider and vote on the bill before the latest extension of transportation authority expires at the end of June. Members of the conference committee will have to work through six sets of issues including financing, highway safety, the Keystone Pipeline, and regulation of coal ash.
HAI urges you to contact your congressmen and tell them to oppose the Alexander amendment in any final surface transportation bill. Their contact information can be found atÂ www.senate.govÂ andÂ www.house.gov.
- HAI announces Bell Helicopter Lifetime Achievement Award winner
- HeliOffshore features in Eurocontrol’s Hindsight magazine
- HAI announces Rolls-Royce Excellence in Helicopter Maintenance Award winner
- CHC receives second H175 via LCI lease
- Sikorsky presents $28,000 to Patient AirLift Services
- HeliOffshore Southeast Asia group meets in Bangkok to review safety work
- HAI announces W.A. “Dub” Blessing Flight Instructor of the Year Award winner
- Airbus fly image processing system on H225 testbed
- Sikorsky Delivers Black Hawks to the LA County Fire Department
- HAI announces Airbus Golden Hour Award winner
- Airbus open new Le Bourget facility, including rotor blade production line
- Boeing to Modernize Six Netherlands CH-47F Chinooks
- HeliOffshore looks back on 2017’s enhancements of offshore safety
- Bell delivers 20th EMS configured B429
- Airbus Helicopters CEO to move to Commercial Aircraft division
- Arizona National Guard may lose last four Apaches
- Philippine Air Force to Acquire 24 Attack Helicopters
- Wiking Helikopter welcomes second H145 to Jade Weser Airport
- Rostec Signs an Agreement to Promote Helicopters in South-East Asia
- Aurora Demonstrates Fully Autonomous Helicopter