UK private operators and owners of light single-engine helicopters are to explore the advantages of Eurocopter’s EC120 during the company’s Discovery Weekend event, to be held at the Oxford Airport facilities of its Eurocopter UK affiliate on May 12.
Attendees at the gathering will be given a first-hand look at the EC120 B Colibri in VIP configurations – demonstrating this single-engine turbine helicopter’s spacious cabin, advanced technology, excellent visibility and cost-efficient operation.
“For those not familiar with Eurocopter’s product range, our Discovery Weekend offers an excellent opportunity to see why the EC120 has earned its reputation as the helicopter of reference in its category,” said Markus Steinke, the Managing Director of Eurocopter UK. “In addition, we will use the occasion to underscore Eurocopter UK’s open door policy and service capabilities by conducting visits of our Oxford base.”
Eurocopter UK offers a comprehensive one-stop shop experience for the customer – starting with tailor-made design solutions when buying the helicopter to full service packages when operating it, including maintenance, hangarage and logistics/technical services, as well as aircraft and engine management.
To be displayed at the Discovery Weekend event are VIP EC120 Bs with their interior accommodations, exterior paint and avionics customized by Eurocopter UK.
Eurocopter’s 1.7-ton EC120 is designed for mission flexibility, benefitting from a low external noise level, large baggage capacity and state-of-the-art ergonomic cockpit. More than 700 EC120 Bs have been delivered to 55 countries, logging a combined total of nearly one million flight hours.
Also joining the EC120s at Eurocopter’s Discovery Weekend gathering will be VIP versions of the EC130 B4 and AS350 B3 helicopters – highlighting the scope of its product range for the light single-engine market segment.
About Eurocopter UK Ltd
Eurocopter UK Ltd. is headquartered in Oxford, with additional bases in Dublin (Ireland), Belfast (Northern Ireland), Hawarden (Wales) and Aberdeen (Scotland). Through this fully-owned subsidiary, Eurocopter enjoys a reputation for innovation, high quality and a strong customer service ethos. Having achieved an exemplary performance in the customization, distribution and support of Eurocopter products for civil and public service customers during the past 30 years, Eurocopter UK also provides state-of-the-art services to the oil & gas Industry and the UK armed forces. The Ministry of Defence relies on 100 Eurocopter helicopters for transport, training and Special Forces missions, and has awarded the Puma Upgrade Programme to Eurocopter UK Ltd. With over 450 helicopters in service in the British Isles, Eurocopter is the leading supplier of turbine helicopters in the United Kingdom.
- 20-May-13 HB-ZFY Eurocopter EC120 St Tropez, France
- Eurocopter UK reinforces its British private/VIP market leadership
- Cities formally dissolve ABLE helicopter program
- Baltimore Police reverse decision to mothball one of four EC120s
- New Cabin Comfort Window Option for EC120, EC130
- American Eurocopter is leader in law enforcement sales
- Eurocopter Canada adds new STC items for AS350, EC130 and EC120
- 03-Mar-13 OM-ECI Eurocopter EC120 Horný Čepeň, Slovak Republic (1F)
- Winnipeg Police responded to 3,445 incidents in 2012
- SaxonAir appoints new CEO
- Kitchener Aero STC’s Garmin G500H in EC120
- 05-Jan-13 Eurocopter EC120 Baltimore, US-Maryland
- Malaysian authorities had concerns with pilot’s documents before fatal crash
- UK – Oryx Jet adds helicopter capability
- 40,000 flight hour mark reached by Helidax
- 15-Sep-12 JA120H Eurocopter EC120 Kujukuri, Japan
- 09-Sep-12 D-HALX Eurocopter EC120 Metzingen, Germany (1F)
- Baltimore Police start operating new EC120 fleet
- Helibras delivers new EC120 and AS350B3e at LABACE 2012
- 20-Jul-12 N8899 Eurocopter EC120 Sri Aman, Malaysia (3F)