Bond Offshore Helicopters Ltd., one of the UK’s leading providers of energy support services concur with the initial findings of the AAIB interim Service Bulletin S2/2012 issued which indicates component failure.
The bulletin states that, “An initial visual inspection of the main gearbox has identified a 360° circumferential crack on the bevel gear vertical shaft, in the vicinity of the weld that joins the two sections. As a consequence of this failure, the main and standby oil pump gears ceased to be driven. During this inspection pump gears ceased to be driven. During this inspection it was observed that the lower part of the vertical shaft was displaced downwards by 6 mm.” This preliminary engineering investigation is consistent with Bond’s own engineering analysis.
The maintenance procedures adopted by Bond Offshore Helicopters Ltd. are of the highest standards with safety being the company’s principal concern at all times. It was that focus on safety that was the reason behind the decision to suspend flights of the EC225 having considered the AAIB Service Bulletin. Bill Munro, Managing Director of Bond Offshore Helicopters said, ”The skill and training of Bond’s pilots has been witnessed at first hand. Our passengers can be confident in Bond as the principal crew change operator in the North Sea”.
In the light of the AAIB interim Service Bulletin Bond Offshore Helicopters Ltd. will continue the flight suspension of the EC225 and now in addition the AS332L2 helicopter. Bond Offshore Helicopters Ltd. is working with Eurocopter as a matter of priority in finding a solution that will enable the helicopters to be returned to service.
- Super Puma AS332 L2 G-REDL Fatal Accident Inquiry announced
- 21-Mar-13 D-HEGB Eurocopter AS332L1 Berlin, Germany
- Peru – Servicios Aéreos de Los Andes to lease two AS332s
- Vector Aerospace – the newest AS332 service centre
- Svalbard selects Lufttransport for SAR
- 27-Nov-12 Eurocopter AS532 Liberator, Venezuela
- 19-Nov-12 JA9965 Eurocopter AS332L1 Kita-Hira, Japan
- Turbomeca engines reach 400,000 hours on Citic Offshore fleet
- 22-Oct-12 G-CHCN Eurocopter EC225 Shetland, UK
- Lerwick Harbour pilot boats are key in Bond’s Jigsaw operations
- Bristow completes Baltic AS332 contract
- 25-Jul-12 Eurocopter AS532AL Verdon Gorge, France (6F)
- CHC wins three North Sea contracts worth $820 Million
- 25-Jun-12 Eurocopter AS332L2 Shetland, UK
- Eurocopter establishes Africa’s first full motion Helicopter Simulator
- 06-Jun-12 PR-OMV Eurocopter EC225 Macae, Brazil
- 22-May-12 Eurocopter AS332L2 North Sea, UK
- 10-May-12 G-REDW Eurocopter EC225 off Aberdeen, UK
- Helibras successfully tests new Super Puma lighting panel
- Switzerland takes delivery of first two upgraded Super Pumas