Concorde Battery is pleased to announce AW139 FAA approved STC SR03072NY, Transport Canada approved STC SH11-47 and Brazil ANAC STC 2012S04-04 replacing the standard nickel cadmium batteries with Concorde's Sealed Lead Acid Recombinant Gas (RG®), Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) batteries.
SR03072NY, SH11-47 and 2012S04-04 replace the 27AH Nickel Cadmium auxiliary battery with a RG-407, 27AH sealed lead acid battery, and the option to convert the 44AH Nickel Cadmium starting battery with Concorde's RG-380E/44L or the higher capacity RG-380E/60L. Some AW139 operators who requested a lead acid option conveyed a concern with slow engine starts using the standard Nickel Cadmium battery. The higher capacity RG-380E/60L is constructed with additional plates and was designed for increased cranking power, faster starts and less engine wear.
Concorde sealed lead acid RG AGM batteries are a more economical solution to Ni-Cd batteries with no maintenance requirements and reduced cost per flight hour. Sealed lead acid technology does not have a memory and does not require unique charging equipment. Concorde's sealed lead acid batteries are HAZMAT exempt; they are proven safe and reliable with no risk of thermal runaway. Concorde RG Series batteries may be serviced in any battery facility, including nickel cadmium service facilities.
RG-407, RG-380E/44L and RG-380E/60L are FAA TSO C-173 approved and have passed the rigorous requirements of TSO testing.
Concorde designs and manufactures over 90 models of Original Equipment and direct replacement batteries for fixed- and rotary-wing aircraft and has a reputation for designing application specific solutions. Concorde batteries are installed as Original Equipment by the majority of aircraft manufacturers and adopted by military aircraft operators worldwide.
Manufacturing military and commercial TSO, FAA-PMA, and OEM certified aircraft batteries for over 30 years.
- HeliRussia – Exclases signs for five AW139s
- RBC makes C$500K donation to STARS
- Neighbours complain at temporary EMS helipad
- Sky Shuttle Helicopters’ First All-Female Crew
- Ornge Sells Two Surplus AW139s
- Former Ornge directors say they didn’t know about CEO’s extra fees
- UK – Dyson adds second AW139 to corporate fleet
- Dart launches lightweight interior ceiling panels for AW139
- UTair becomes first Russian AW139 operator
- RSG Delivers Universal Gimbal Mount Design for AW139
- Japanese STC for AW139 firefighting belly tank system
- Weststar signs for six AW139 and two AW189 at LIMA 2013
- Ornge investigation may take another year, says OPP
- New AW139 Simulator Obtains ENAC Certification to Level D
- Spectro are approved suppliers for debris and oil analysis services for AW139 operators
- New Ontario hospital helipad to improve patient care
- Honeywell receives FAA STC for AW139 Zing HUMS
- Saudi Medevac to Be Equipped with AW139
- Waypoint Leasing signs for GrandNew, AW139, AW169 and AW189
- Japan National Police orders two more AW139s